PDA

View Full Version : Dave Hill

pete
18/02/2002, 2:16 PM
Report in the paper today suggesting Hilly wanted for Cobh as player-manager & appears he interested too.

Suggestings he could move before the end of the season but can't see Bohs allowing he leave before his contracts up at the end of the season.

'Foxy' Tommy Lynch 'hahaha' also linked with the job.

Patsys Fags
18/02/2002, 10:27 PM
Does it really matter who manages the rams? There still crap!

ccfcman
23/02/2002, 8:17 PM
be great to see hilly down queenstown rather dany the sh*te hole da**m**nt park

A face
27/02/2002, 4:53 PM
for Hilly, when he was at City his attitude was great, very professional and held his position with any bother, as a player i thought he was great and a huge loss to City, he then went to Bohs and he done really well there as we all know, he doesn't have experience as a manager is my one fear, and i hope he wont the the same treatment from the more senior members of the club that John O'Rourke got during his reign in Cobh. Although John was probably his own worst enemy when things were going bad during that year.

joe
27/02/2002, 7:05 PM
apparently Lynch has stated he would prefer the Kildare job, so Hill is now favourite to take over at Ramblers

Neil
27/02/2002, 9:18 PM
Was Hill confirmed as new manager of Ramblers in the Echo tonight?

James
27/02/2002, 9:28 PM
duno bout the echo..but AFAIK i know he has got it

from unofficial ramblers site
"DAVE HILL TO BE NEW MANAGER
DAVE Hill has accepted a two-year contract with Cobh Ramblers and will be named the player-manager tomorrow night.The 35-year-old defender/midfielder formerly of Cork City, beat two other candidates, Tommy Lynch and Tommy Gaynor to the job. The club will make a formal announcement on Hill's appointment at a press conference on Friday.'
and its also got a load of really really annoying pop up ads..

FROM Official site

absolutely nothing except a MB post..

anyway take it that on fri Hilly will have returned home to Cork.. just a shame its Queenstown and not here..

dahamsta
28/02/2002, 1:42 AM
I saw an article about this on the back page of De Echo in de pub earlier on, saying that he's accepted a position as player/manager.

It has to be true, I read it in de echo.

adam

Éanna
28/02/2002, 3:32 PM
yeah it's true. I was told it was on the radio this morning.

RamblersWeb
01/03/2002, 4:47 PM
just for the record 'Ramblers Web' is not an official site! Although there has been some debate on the issue....

I am based permanently in the UK and have very little contact with the people in the club... am open to the idea though.

Some postings in the news/reports page i.e. the livejournal page

glen

http://www.livejournal.com/users/ramblers/