PDA

View Full Version : new dr who saturday

the 12 th man
29/03/2005, 9:55 AM
missed it,anybody hear is it any good ?.

Babysis
29/03/2005, 9:58 AM
Not my sort of thing, but according to GMTV it got 10million viewers. they thought it was great.

260miles
30/03/2005, 5:26 AM
Not into sci-fi, haven't watched Doctor Who since Pertwee but saw it.
Excellent, lot's of humour, well acted, good poduction values and Billie P's lips..

worth a try... :p

ciaran76
30/03/2005, 8:11 AM
Watched it myself on Sunday evening on BBC 3. Wasn't the worst prog. on tv and i might watch it if its on when i am in. There was lots of humour in it which was good but the special effects were too computer looking. Other then that i would give it 7 out of 10.

the 12 th man
30/03/2005, 8:19 AM
Dont think I was in.....Must have been Sh*te! ;)

i believe you've been given new wheels and "go faster" stripes for an up comming episode :p :D

dahamsta
30/03/2005, 12:39 PM
Thought it was excellent, particularly the way they continued the tradition without screwing up. Never been a big Who fan, but I'll watch it again.

adam

green goblin
30/03/2005, 2:22 PM
It was brilliant. Thought it was very fast, funny, and just scary enough for the kids to be able to watch. Looking forward to episode 6 more than I can say.

the 12 th man
30/03/2005, 2:26 PM
Looking forward to episode 6 more than I can say.

:confused: :confused:

dahamsta
30/03/2005, 2:37 PM
Daleks, 12th man.

the 12 th man
30/03/2005, 2:42 PM
Daleks, 12th man.

excellent behaviour :D ,
wonder what the new version can do ?

tetsujin1979
30/03/2005, 3:10 PM
excellent behaviour :D ,
wonder what the new version can do ?

Fly, apparently

Thus answernig the question "if you ran up the stairs, could a Dalek chase you?"

Bluebeard
30/03/2005, 3:54 PM
Big fan of The Doctor of old (I'm from the Peter Davison Generation).

Very much enjoyed the new look - kept the traditions as they should be, but didn't shy away from making it new.

Shiney Goldy Daleks comig soon! Though I heard Foot.ie's own is not to star - asking for too much were you, Davros?

colblimp
30/03/2005, 4:25 PM
[QUOTE=Bluebeard]Big fan of The Doctor of old (I'm from the Peter Davison Generation).QUOTE]

Blimey, I'm from the Tom Baker generation!

I watched it and loved it! The funniest part was when the wheelie bin devoured Billie Pipers boyfriend, I nearly went for a wee in my pants I laughed that much... :o

Can't wait for the next one. :)

town73
31/03/2005, 9:34 AM
I see that the new Doctor has quit (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/tv_and_radio/4395849.stm) already, after just one series.

Bluebeard
31/03/2005, 1:51 PM
I see that the new Doctor has quit (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/tv_and_radio/4395849.stm) already, after just one series.
Buggeration - I was really enjoying the prospect of seeing the Eccleston Doctor for a few years.

But at least the good news is that there will be another series.

green goblin
31/03/2005, 3:59 PM
There's a special planned for Christmas, Presumably where Eccleston dies and regenerates into the new doctor. BBC are saying it's down to Bill Nighy, Alan Davies, Richard E. Grant, David Thewlis and David Tennant.
Oh, and the usual calls for the new Doctor to be a woman, of course.

colblimp
01/04/2005, 7:55 PM
There's a special planned for Christmas, Presumably where Eccleston dies and regenerates into the new doctor. BBC are saying it's down to Bill Nighy, Alan Davies, Richard E. Grant, David Thewlis and David Tennant.

It would have to be Bill Nighy, he's great! Did anyone see 'Still Crazy'? He was brilliant in that film.

As for a woman doctor...Keira Knightly, Kelly Brook...any lady with not many clothes on would do me thank you very much! :D

colblimp
02/04/2005, 9:19 PM
Did anyone see Dr Who tonight?

I thought it was great. Cassandra the flat bird was gorgeous! :D

the 12 th man
03/04/2005, 1:32 PM
Did anyone see Dr Who tonight?

I thought it was great. Cassandra the flat bird was gorgeous! :D

and the "good dr " getting jiggy with a tree woman :D .
i missed the first episode so i was eager to see it and it was very entertaining.
miss piper is a good(looking) assistant as well.

can't wait to see the daleks (btw how do people know they're in episode 6?)

Bluebeard
04/04/2005, 4:07 PM
Loved the 2nd episode, it really does seem to be on the money. Really did dig the Michael Jackson references too. And the poignancy being interrupted by the smell of chips - excellent stuff.

Next ep is Charles Dickens' London - there is a strong school of though that the best Who was often period Who (like the Beeb itself, I suppose). Very much looking forward to Simon Callow chawing on the scenery as Dickens.

Shelsman
04/04/2005, 4:29 PM

How about Gabriel Byrne !?!?!?!?! :) :cool:

Would be deserving of better special effects though ( thought the ones shown were sh!te ). If they ever made anything similar except made it really well ( i.e. a film ) then Liam Neeson would be pretty cool ( if not awesome ).

Alternatively they could just have Colin Farrell to really pull the p!ss :D

Tom Baker was class.

The Daleks film was superb too. Britain enslaved hmm.... :eek: :D

green goblin
05/04/2005, 12:35 PM
The Daleks film was superb too. Britain enslaved hmm.... :eek: :D

Best line from that is still "We'll have to bypass Watford, the place is crawling with Daleks".