PDA

View Full Version : Cheat O'Callaghan

Pages : [1] 2

Hibs4Ever
29/03/2005, 6:55 AM
I know most people are happy because it happened against Shels, and more so because it wiped that stupid smug grin off Fenlon's face from when Gamble got sent off. But SURELY O'Callaghan should be punished by the people in charge for CLEARLY cheating. It was an absolute disgrace to carry on like that. I know it wasn't as bad, but it wasn't far off what Rivaldo done against Turkey in 2002. He should get a ban.

DISGRACE :mad:

bohs til i die
29/03/2005, 7:38 AM
I know most people are happy because it happened against Shels, and more so because it wiped that stupid smug grin off Fenlon's face from when Gamble got sent off. But SURELY O'Callaghan should be punished by the people in charge for CLEARLY cheating. It was an absolute disgrace to carry on like that. I know it wasn't as bad, but it wasn't far off what Rivaldo done against Turkey in 2002. He should get a ban.

DISGRACE :mad:

Crawley deserved to be sent off because of his stupidity in giving O'Callaghan the opportunity to fall over. Crawley walked straight over to O'Callaghan and leaned his head towards O'Callaghan's face, although contact was minimal.

Instead of backing off and doing nothing, he got himself sent off. Players will cheat, it goes with the territory in professional football, an Crawley should have known that. He was more interested in fronting up to O'Callaghan instead of getting back into position to defend a free kick.

Shels can have no complaints, they got a lot of decisions in their favour.

thecorner
29/03/2005, 7:57 AM
georgie...what a legend

sullanefc
29/03/2005, 8:17 AM
georgie...what a legend

That was quality. Shels deserved it anyway, couldn't have happened to a nicer bunch of lads :D :D

kevincronin2000
29/03/2005, 9:15 AM
What i cant understand the ref had a good view of it and it happened right in front of the linesman. He clearly over reacted to the challenge but by then he probablly realised that the ref was card happy anyway. Didnt have a great view of the gamble incident but I didnt see any of the shels players protesting over his alleged headbut.

liamon
29/03/2005, 9:27 AM
Didn't get to go to the game, but I recorded El weekly last night and watched the incident 5 or 6 times. It looked like minimal contact and George dropped like he'd taken a bullet. I'm a big fan of his, but that was sickening. If a CCFC player was sent off in similar circumstances, I'd be livid.

Very disappointing.

Clifford
29/03/2005, 9:30 AM
Both reds were stupid from a stupid ref, but wasn't Roddy Collins fuming last week cos of the Shels players antics in getting yellows for his side?

What goes around comes around I say.

Éanna
29/03/2005, 9:31 AM
Absolutely delighted. I'm not fan of diving/simulation/whatever you want to call it, but Shels act like thugs and they've got what they deserve. Well done georgie

pete
29/03/2005, 9:34 AM
I think he was just on the line of diving. Both players went in to knock shoulders/heads & George went down first. Definitely making a meal of it but dunno if actually diving. Was stupid thing to do as game was over but suppose thats why he'd be a cult hero.

BohDiddley
29/03/2005, 9:52 AM
He's no George Clooney; that's for sure! Must be all that theatre-going in the city of culture.
That particular card wasn't deserved, and the ref was completely out of his depth. But it's clear that hacking and kicking is Fenlon policy, and it's no harm that Shels got their come-uppance.
In any case, I'd be happy to indulge Cork and in particular O'Callaghan: they played some football last night, which was more than can be said for the hoof-factory.
Best of all, of course, was Crowe being unceremoniously hauled off to be replaced by Harris! What next, Hawkins up front? :D

drinkfeckarse
29/03/2005, 10:11 AM
. It looked like minimal contact and George dropped like he'd taken a bullet. I'm a big fan of his, but that was sickening. If a CCFC player was sent off in similar circumstances, I'd be livid.

Very disappointing.

Good to see a bit of common sense, if the role was reversed all the people condoning it would be up in arms.

Aberdonian Stu
29/03/2005, 10:26 AM
I normallyhave sympathy for refs when a team I support isn't involved, like last night, but both sending off decisions were disgraceful. O'Callaghan injured himself in an attempt to confront Crawley yet Crawley got red when there was no clear forward movement with his head. Similarly there was no forward movement with Gamble's head yethe too was sent off.

pete
29/03/2005, 10:38 AM
Best of all, of course, was Crowe being unceremoniously hauled off to be replaced by Harris! What next, Hawkins up front? :D

Indeed a great sight! €rowe ;) drought continues. With big money pro players comes a lot more pressure. Nice draw or better for waterford on friday would do nicely.

eirebhoy
29/03/2005, 10:46 AM
I can't believe I'm reading comments like "minimal contact" and "made a meal of it". It was exactly what Rivaldo did. Both players went shoulder to shoulder. Heads didn't touch anywhere near each other and O'Callaghan grabs his head and jumps to the ground.

I can't believe so many "neutrals" are backing O'C up. If this was, lets say, Heary everyone would be going mad. I don't agree that this is part of the game. We rarely see such exaggeration as that yesterday and when it does happen a player should get a ban. FFS, the English can't even stand when a player shows his hand in a gesture of a card and we accept it when a player starts reharsing for Die Hard 10.

Hibs4Ever
29/03/2005, 10:48 AM
I can't believe I'm reading comments like "minimal contact" and "made a meal of it". It was exactly what Rivaldo did. Both players went shoulder to shoulder. Heads didn't touch anywhere near each other and O'Callaghan grabs his head and jumps to the ground.

I can't believe so many "neutrals" are backing O'C up. If this was, lets say, Heary everyone would be going mad. I don't agree that this is part of the game. We rarely see such exaggeration as that yesterday and when it does happen a player should get a ban. FFS, the English can't even stand when a player shows his hand in a gesture of a card and we accept it when a player starts reharsing for Die Hard 10.

My point exactly. Gotta be a ban

bohs til i die
29/03/2005, 10:49 AM

If you watch the replay of the incident, you will see GOC standing straight, and Crawley walks towards him and tilts his head slightly towards GOC. They do make contact with each other and GOC collapses.

Crawley got what he deserved for being stupid.

chippy79
29/03/2005, 10:56 AM
>>>Absolutely delighted. I'm not fan of diving/simulation/whatever you want to call it, but Shels act like thugs and they've got what they deserve. Well done georgie>>>>

saints was right on his original post (forget shels/cork rivalry). george was a disgrace. ****** - deserves a ban, expect he will get a late challenge sometime during the season when this has died down

:eek:

ollie
29/03/2005, 11:15 AM
GOC made a meal of it alrite.from the way the linesman was acting first i thought georgie was going to get the book which would have been fair enough in my book but after the joe gamble thing i was delighted Crawley got sent off.

pete
29/03/2005, 11:15 AM
Might be hard for ban as sendings off are kept within the Setanta Cup. Setanta will hardly want to ban one of the entertainers of tournament ;)

eirebhoy
29/03/2005, 11:16 AM
[QUOTE=bohs til i die]If you watch the replay of the incident, you will see GOC standing straight, and Crawley walks towards him and tilts his head slightly towards GOC. They do make contact with each other and GOC collapses.

Crawley got what he deserved for being stupid.[/QUOTE
I have the match on my PC so have seen it a good few times. O'Callaghan was getting to his feet and he tried to force his way passed Crawley. Crawley (who I'm not actually a fan of but I can lose any bias) also forced forward but I wouldn't single anyone out to be more in the wrong than the other.

bohs til i die
29/03/2005, 12:10 PM
[QUOTE=bohs til i die]If you watch the replay of the incident, you will see GOC standing straight, and Crawley walks towards him and tilts his head slightly towards GOC. They do make contact with each other and GOC collapses.

Crawley got what he deserved for being stupid.[/QUOTE
I have the match on my PC so have seen it a good few times. O'Callaghan was getting to his feet and he tried to force his way passed Crawley. Crawley (who I'm not actually a fan of but I can lose any bias) also forced forward but I wouldn't single anyone out to be more in the wrong than the other.

If you look carefully, you'll see Crawley tild his head towards GOC's. It was very similar to Alan Thompson's 'headbutt' on Lovenkrands in the Old Firm game back in November. However, Crawley did move his head towards GOC, and GOC collapsed and got Crawley sent off.

Crawley deserved it for being stupid.

A face
29/03/2005, 12:10 PM
I am actually disgusted that it has happened and i feel it brings the game into disrupte. :( :mad:

Only kidding ..... it was pure magic !! :p

paudie
29/03/2005, 12:33 PM
Have't seen the incident properly but it seems George dived.

Hate to see it and there should be some way to use video evidence after games to give bans to stamp it out.

tiktok
29/03/2005, 12:34 PM
Crawley did have a little head-butt, but Georgie's reaction was very very disappointing, it's clouded the good game he had, as was mentioned, if it had been crawley dropping and George sent off, we'd have been disgusted

skitz3
29/03/2005, 1:04 PM
I'm absolutely disgusted at GO'C's behaviour in Crawley's sending off incident. If it had been reversed and Crawley was the one who dived the whole of Cork would now be crying blue murder.

James
29/03/2005, 1:30 PM
Best of all, of course, was Crowe being unceremoniously hauled off to be replaced by Harris!

na boy, best of all was watching judas cahill being hauled off again against us.

WHO ARE YA ??

sullanefc
29/03/2005, 1:32 PM
Influencing refs is disgusting and should not be allowed, but do onto others as they do to you!!! Shels are at it long enough, if they want to play down in the gutter then its good to see somebody get down there with them and beat them at their own game. We love you georgie :D

Aberdonian Stu
29/03/2005, 2:05 PM
I don't think GOC dived, it looked like he walked into Crawley and Crawley stood firm, but might I stress Crawley was not at fault in my opinion. If anything GOC should have been given yellow for instigating and yes I know there's an argument over the tackle but that's what the ref's there for, lawless behaviour like that though can't be tolerated. Like I said in my previous post both reds were wrong.

eirebhoy
29/03/2005, 2:20 PM
I don't think GOC dived
:eek: :eek: :eek:

skitz3
29/03/2005, 2:29 PM
I don't think GOC dived

cork are going to win the league.
cork IS the european culture capital.
cork isn't a dump.
cork is the real capital of ireland.
cork isn't a breeding ground for inbreds.
cork boasts a perfect race of people

And on the same note...

Pat Dolan isn't as fat as we all thought.
Rico can speak english.
Jesus was in fact a muslim.

:eek:

sadloserkid
29/03/2005, 2:43 PM
Can't get over the mentality of the children posting here. The attitude of 'Diving is ok when an ashamed racist like Georgie pulls it off because A) He plays for us or B) It was against our Dublin rivals who totally made a show of us on the field last year'.

Diving is wrong. It's dishonest and unfair. The other night at the Limerick - Monaghan match there was uproar at one point because one of our midfielders, Tommy Barrett, didn't go down in the box when he could have. Personally I though fair play to him.

The attitude that's been shown here isn't showing the Cork lads in particular in a very flattering light. By all means celebrate the injustice against Shels who probably have earned it by now. But the glorification of a petulant, whiny cheat like O'Callaghan is absolutely mystifying. :confused:

patsh
29/03/2005, 2:53 PM
I can't get over the mentality of someone who calls somebody a racist, with absolutely no evidence whatsoever.....:rolleyes:

tiktok
29/03/2005, 2:56 PM
I can't get over the mentality of someone who calls somebody a racist, with absolutely no evidence whatsoever.....:rolleyes:

Probably a reference to George's comments last year regarding players born outside of Cork not having the same passion for the club.

wws
29/03/2005, 2:56 PM
"teams Full Of Black Lads"

Quote Unquote

Moany Bast"rd Goc Last Season

tiktok
29/03/2005, 3:18 PM
"teams Full Of Black Lads"
Quote Unquote
Moany Bast"rd Goc Last Season

I'm sure that's libellous WWS :rolleyes:
You should have more sense.

A face
29/03/2005, 3:22 PM
The fact still remains ......

Georgie is a legend !!

BohDiddley
29/03/2005, 4:46 PM
It was a dive, and so it was reprehensible. Shels entire approach to the game was cynical, so I'm not shedding any tears there.
Against his pointless cheat in the dying seconds of the game, GOC and others among the Cork team restored my faith in football, after watching the dross from Inchicore and Tel Aviv.

DolansWaistcoat
29/03/2005, 4:52 PM
Pathetic dive by Georgie and he played a stormer and got man of the match,pity he spoiled it by acting the maggot.

Great result though,and a great game to watch. :D

Slash/ED
29/03/2005, 5:01 PM
What a bunch of clowns, I can only imagine the outrage if it happened to a Cork player, but I'd expect no less from Cork fans. It's laughable really, if "Georgie" shot Fenlon in the face you'd have people on here calling him a legend and saying "sure it happened against Shels, so it's ok"

patsh
29/03/2005, 5:36 PM
Probably a reference to George's comments last year regarding players born outside of Cork not having the same passion for the club.
And could SLK explain how that comment was in any way "racist"?

And don't mind wws, being forced to support and watch the current SPA team and management is enough to warp anybody's brain!....:D

ollie
29/03/2005, 5:44 PM
yea i can't believe people are calling him a legend, for his antics were nothing short of a discrace.
the fact of the matter is that his actions are indefensible.
rico should have more than a quiet word with him about it.it spoiled the super game he had.
i hope referees take a stand against this sort of lark as o callaghan is definately not the first to be at it.

Stevo Da Gull
29/03/2005, 5:51 PM
I cant believe that there are people on here defending GOC. 100% dive, disgusting :mad: :mad: . No1 should have been S/O'd, GOC should have been booked, and what was wrong with Cork's second?
I'm not Crawley's no1 fan or anything but GOC should be ashamed of himslef as should any1 who believes what he did was right.

Troy.McClure
29/03/2005, 9:59 PM
What a bunch of clowns, I can only imagine the outrage if it happened to a Cork player, but I'd expect no less from Cork fans. It's laughable really, if "Georgie" shot Fenlon in the face you'd have people on here calling him a legend and saying "sure it happened against Shels, so it's ok"

I havent heard many Shels fans asking for Joe Gambles red card to be recinded :eek:

Every game, every week Shels players torment and bully refs to get their way, Rogers and Hawkins were at it at the X and Roddy was complaining about it on eL Weekly too. They try to influence the ref, in a different mannor to GOC maybe, but the aim is the same. What goes around comes around, Christ, you'd sware that GOC was the first player in the world to drop after someone tried to headbut him!

Slash/ED
29/03/2005, 10:46 PM
I havent heard many Shels fans asking for Joe Gambles red card to be recinded :eek:

Every game, every week Shels players torment and bully refs to get their way, Rogers and Hawkins were at it at the X and Roddy was complaining about it on eL Weekly too. They try to influence the ref, in a different mannor to GOC maybe, but the aim is the same. What goes around comes around, Christ, you'd sware that GOC was the first player in the world to drop after someone tried to headbut him!

Roddy said nothing of the sort on EL weekly he said that the ref was giving alot of decisions our way. Which, considering they got a very harsh penalty in their favour at a crucial time in the match, is a bit daft, but he did not say anything about the players.

"every game, every week" seems to mean one game in the cross years back, I can't think of other examples and more to the point can't see in what way it's even remotely relevant to this incident.

Joe Gambles red card should be recinded, as many have said on Shelsweb, but that's not relevant either. It's not about weather it was a worthy red card or not it's about that scumbag doing a Rivaldo, which was absolutley pathetic and franky anyone who defends him is a complete fool.

Troy.McClure
29/03/2005, 11:12 PM
Roddy said nothing of the sort on EL weekly he said that the ref was giving alot of decisions our way. Which, considering they got a very harsh penalty in their favour at a crucial time in the match, is a bit daft, but he did not say anything about the players..

He said that the ref was "playing off the calls of the Shels players and from thier bench" (I agree with you about the peno though)

"every game, every week" seems to mean one game in the cross years back, I can't think of other examples and more to the point can't see in what way it's even remotely relevant to this incident

Come off it. I live in Dublin ( :( ) and go to Shels games every now and then and they are always at it. I actually havent seen Shels at the X for years appart from last night.
My point was that GOC tried to influence the ref and succeded, something that Shels do weekly, but in a different mannor. Basically, the main aim of both parties is to cheat to gain an advantage for their team.

Joe Gambles red card should be recinded, as many have said on Shelsweb, but that's not relevant either. It's not about weather it was a worthy red card or not it's about that scumbag doing a Rivaldo, which was absolutley pathetic and franky anyone who defends him is a complete fool.
Well like I said, normally I hate it, but when it goes your way, dont look a gift horse in the mouth and all that. As Lenox said in his programme notes, City are moving from being a football club into an entertainment business and if Fenlons meltdown after Georges collapse wasnt entertaining, I dont know what was! :D You've got to realise that Crawly was asking to be sent off by his actions, it happens across the world and you know it. Blame the ref for not saying something to GOC, but dont blame GOC for not trying to restore some parity to the game for his team.

Slash/ED
29/03/2005, 11:16 PM
I'm not trying to defend Crawley, god knows he's the last player on planet earth I'd actually want to defend, and defending isn't generally something he can relate to but Crawleys part in ths whole thing is not the issue. It's people defending O'Callaghan and, more so, calling him a legend for it. It's pathetic.

Éanna
29/03/2005, 11:18 PM
I'm not trying to defend Crawley, god knows he's the last player on planet earth I'd actually want to defend, and defending isn't generally something he can relate to but Crawleys part in ths whole thing is not the issue. It's people defending O'Callaghan and, more so, calling him a legend for it. It's pathetic.
George is not a legend for diving. He's a legend for giving shels a taste of their own medicine, and more importantly for being one of the best players in the league

Slash/ED
29/03/2005, 11:20 PM
George is not a legend for diving. He's a legend for giving shels a taste of their own medicine, and more importantly for being one of the best players in the league

Did he not give Shels 'a taste of their own medicine' by diving? :confused: So you're whole defence is "Sure f*ck it it's against Shels, I don't like them, fair play to you Georgie"? I find that pathetic. If Jason Byrne did that I'd be the first one on here to have a go at him over it, how can you defend that?

And I don't deny his quality, nobody denied Rivaldos either, or Sukurs.

Troy.McClure
29/03/2005, 11:21 PM
But GOC IS a ledgend! Not because he got a Shels player sent off, but for 101 other things like his poncy white boots, his love of Cork, hatered of Dublin, his accent, his flicks & nutmegs, his fight and make-up with Dolan, his scrawney legs that manage not to break when he puts in a tackle... For loads of reasons, we love George O'Callaghan! :)

Slash/ED
29/03/2005, 11:23 PM
I don't mind all that it's people actually priasing him for what he did, it's amazing really.