PDA

View Full Version : Cork AUL Divisions 1,2 & 3 2018/19

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

scubasteve
31/07/2018, 1:24 PM
anybody know when the league sections will be announced.

injurytime
31/07/2018, 1:41 PM
anybody know when the league sections will be announced.
Aul Meeting on Friday i Believe so should be announced at the weekend..

Any news on village dropping out

Dr. football
31/07/2018, 4:05 PM
I don’t think it’s players Is the reason the glen folded I think it was more to do with people behind the club or lack of them. Pa long was doing everything by himself! Can’t blame him for wanting to just play. seems the year off has done them good and they have all come together again.

Castleview for example are a massive club and have a lot a people helping out absolutely ludicrous to compare them.

Was only last season teams were given the opportunity to pick what league they went into to even up the leagues.

Temple went from 3rd to 1st, knocka b finished mid table 3 and went 2.

Grattan b refused to go up and won the 3rd unbeaten.

I doubt any club takes it lightly to fold.

Kearney
01/08/2018, 7:50 AM
Lads, there is no right or wrong answer. You could sit here and argue until the cows come home about what league they should go in or that it is unfair on "X". The simple fact remains that Paulie (Glen in this case) will always be able to attract players. Lads want to play for him. The Glen lads want to play with their buddies and with their local team. Other teams that struggled and ended up folding or slipping down the divisions is a different story. It is about attracting players. If you can't attract the players and are going to be weaker you are better off folding or slipping down. Glen would be too strong for most leagues and it is a waste putting them in 3. Killumney folded and went 3. That was the right thing to do for that club. However, if they were bringing in a manager say like Paulie who was going to bring 5/6 lads then there would be no point putting them in 3.

Like some teams don't win leagues and get promoted but no one is talking about them. So each team needs to be assessed on a team by team basis. Ballincollig stayed up in MSL 1 last year but cannot attract players at all and will have no team so folded. I believe they will come back but it will be 100% MSL2. The club will have to build again. Also only 3 leagues in MSL and any team that is fairly decent going in to division 2 will usually come straight out. It's a long time from 3 - premier. Totally different IMO.

The North Side is flooded with so many teams so close together all in or around the same level. It must be tough but it goes in cycles. Like Grattan were brilliant years ago. Lads left, lads came back and they have dominated for a few seasons now. Glen had a great side and any team that will strengthen the set up in AUL is surely a positive as it's sad when teams fold but that is junior football unfortunately.

JaketheSnake
01/08/2018, 7:56 AM
League will only benefit from having glen celtic back..Serious serious outfit being built the them and all credit to them....

Its just players they had before coming back and weakening other teams . They will have a good team . Others will be weaker and the Glen will be in Div1 when a lot of those players should as we know be playing much higher

Bulldog
01/08/2018, 6:53 PM
Its just players they had before coming back and weakening other teams . They will have a good team . Others will be weaker and the Glen will be in Div1 when a lot of those players should as we know be playing much higher
the great thing about a democratic country is you get an opinion and a choice .

scubasteve
01/08/2018, 8:31 PM
MOSSIE LINNANE LEAGUE CUP GROUPS

Section A

Bohemians

Buttevant

Knocknaheeny Cel

Village Utd

*Section B

Carrigtohill Utd

Glenthorn Celtic

Leeview Ath

St John Boscos

Section C

Coachford

Innishvilla

Kanturk

Lakewood Ath

Macroom A

Section D

Grattan Utd A

Greenwood A

Pearse Celtic A

Rylane Celtic

Tower Fc

Waterloo

Just saw this on the corkaul.com website

Dr. football
01/08/2018, 9:04 PM
How can they have 4 team in 2 groups and 1 with 6?

JaketheSnake
02/08/2018, 10:32 AM
the great thing about a democratic country is you get an opinion and a choice .

You are missing my point Paulie . I think that you and your Glen team should be Prem A at least seeing as someone pointed out above that if the glen hadn't folded and had been relegated the worst place they would be anyway is Prem A . The players are of the quality that they should be playing Prem or Prem A anyway and with 19 teams between Prem and Prem A wouldn't it have made more sense to put the Glen in Prem A at least and make up the two divs to 10 each?? Also the AUL is not really a democracy . Those guys just do whatever they want and don't really care what the clubs think.

Play it out
02/08/2018, 10:45 AM
Any teams have difficulty with the FAI registration this year?

Must hard copies still be sent to AUL or is scanning online fine?

fruice
02/08/2018, 12:37 PM
I think we are finding the online registration fine anyone that's been uploaded has been accepted.
I think the AUL are takeing the full written Reg form this year as its the first year of the online registration

I'm not 100% on this but am 90% sure this is the procedure for the year.

scubasteve
02/08/2018, 2:03 PM
Once you register your players on with your team online there is a print option to print a squad sheet that players then sign and you send that in, the old cork aul forms are redundant, as far as i am aware.

scubasteve
02/08/2018, 2:11 PM
How did Pearse B end up in div 3 after they won the 1A division last season, from what i can see 4 teams gone from last year Cresent, Buttervant B, Knockraha B and Hillington, with two "new" teams coming in Glen celtic and Parkview B.

#Gaffer
02/08/2018, 3:31 PM
How did Pearse B end up in div 3 after they won the 1A division last season, from what i can see 4 teams gone from last year Cresent, Buttervant B, Knockraha B and Hillington, with two "new" teams coming in Glen celtic and Parkview B.

From what I understand there B team have gone up with there managers to really become the A team so a new squad again in the 3rd division

Bulldog
02/08/2018, 4:25 PM
You are missing my point Paulie . I think that you and your Glen team should be Prem A at least seeing as someone pointed out above that if the glen hadn't folded and had been relegated the worst place they would be anyway is Prem A . The players are of the quality that they should be playing Prem or Prem A anyway and with 19 teams between Prem and Prem A wouldn't it have made more sense to put the Glen in Prem A at least and make up the two divs to 10 each?? Also the AUL is not really a democracy . Those guys just do whatever they want and don't really care what the clubs think.not paulie.s glen celtic and the point I was making is players making a choice to play in what ever div or level they want .have no opinion on the aul or the running of it .

Dr. football
02/08/2018, 5:53 PM
Mad how parkview have entered a b team! Be interesting to see how it turns out!

Correct with pearse b team gone a and a team is last years under 18 because no 19 league this year.

buzzkill
03/08/2018, 7:28 AM
Sorry now but yer saying because of pearse celtics b managers taking over the a team it's ok to go back down division 3? It's an absolute shambles and it shows the way the quality has went. Roll on another year of **** football and **** crack

injurytime
03/08/2018, 7:49 AM
Sorry now but yer saying because of pearse celtics b managers taking over the a team it's ok to go back down division 3? It's an absolute shambles and it shows the way the quality has went. Roll on another year of **** football and **** crack

Was talking to Somebody involved in Dunbar and he reckon the new A manager wont last the season due to other commitments.

injurytime
03/08/2018, 7:53 AM
MSL Team looking for Friendly next Tuesday pitch and Referee Booked anybody interested DM.

Xmas3Formation
03/08/2018, 7:57 AM
My predictions for this years aul
PREM grattan A / Knocka A
PREM A Lakewood / macroom
DIV 1 Glen / City Wanderers
DIV 1A Donoughmore/Temple
DIV 2 Blackstone / Knockraha
DIV 2A Glenthorn B / Richmond
DIV 3 Lakewood B / Ballinhassig
DIV 3A Pearse B / Parkview A

Play it out
03/08/2018, 8:12 AM
Premier - Knocknaheeny & Grattan
Premier A - Lakewood & Macroom
1 - Glen Celtic & Springfield
1A - Donoughmore & Banteer
2 - Grattan B & Hibs
2A - Southcoast & Glenthorn
3 - Kilumney & Lakewood
3A - Grangevale & Boscos

Dr. football
03/08/2018, 11:17 AM
Is Killreen Celtic senior team gone? looks like they are only entering a junior team next year...madness Prem AUL is well above MSL Junior 2nd division!

Dr. football
03/08/2018, 11:19 AM
Mad how Ballincollig just folded, lots of senior teams have gone down Junior before folding and tried to rebuild. Youghal are good example and have bow gone back senior.

spanishnorrie
04/08/2018, 7:40 PM
Hi lads, just wondering is there a thread for the Cork Business League? Hoping to start one if not once I have the access!

The way teams are dropping out if the aul. Cbsl teams will be in the league in a year or two. A few of them wouldn't look out of place in the first division or higher

Xmas3Formation
07/08/2018, 9:45 AM
They probably wouldn`t want to. The CBSL is possibly better run especially in terms of website etc.

Play it out
07/08/2018, 10:11 AM
CBSL sort out pitches like Deerpark, Mayfield United & Mayfield Community School for clubs without their own grounds. They give teams in cup finals money for equipment, they tested out the the 5 subs' rule first, some of their teams have done very well in Munster & FAI competitions. I never hear any complaints in the way that they are run, AUL don't help their clubs at all in the way the CBSL do.

Xmas3Formation
07/08/2018, 12:19 PM
CBSL sort out pitches like Deerpark, Mayfield United & Mayfield Community School for clubs without their own grounds. They give teams in cup finals money for equipment, they tested out the the 5 subs' rule first, some of their teams have done very well in Munster & FAI competitions. I never hear any complaints in the way that they are run, AUL don't help their clubs at all in the way the CBSL do.

Spot on, i`m not anti AUL or anything, they do some great work & it is not an easy job i`m sure, i just do think that CBSL happens to be very well run.

injurytime
07/08/2018, 12:39 PM

Been involved in Aul Soccer 10-15 Years playing and can honestly say with huge interest in all league around Cork that the CBSL league is better run and has more structure in place than the AUL.

Have to give credit where is due.

#Gaffer
07/08/2018, 12:40 PM
I think there are some very good teams there in business league the likes of Ucc the cow and Quinlans wouldn't look out of place in the upper leagues of the Aul and to be fair are always supplied with the best of gear. I can see Ucc doing well this year in the Fai if they keep the same squad.
As of the Aul it's in need of a serious overhaul with young blood to get with the times. This fai net registration thing is only an example of how out of touch they were at least there seems to be a secretary who knows her stuff and seems to be up with the times.
We hope

#Gaffer
07/08/2018, 3:16 PM
From what I have been told Quinlins are going to be very strong this year a lot of ex glentoran and Leeds players and with nipper in charge he will always attract a good quality player don't know much about the Cow but with the talks of Village struggling there will obviously be a knock on affect with some of them players going to the Cow and to be Fair there is maybe 4 Teams in the Premier that are league above the rest Grattan knocka Bohs and Pearse the rest are only average to be fair I think they would hold there own no bothers in the Premier A at least.

Bulldog
07/08/2018, 4:44 PM
From what I have been told Quinlins are going to be very strong this year a lot of ex glentoran and Leeds players and with nipper in charge he will always attract a good quality player don't know much about the Cow but with the talks of Village struggling there will obviously be a knock on affect with some of them players going to the Cow and to be Fair there is maybe 4 Teams in the Premier that are league above the rest Grattan knocka Bohs and Pearse the rest are only average to be fair I think they would hold there own no bothers in the Premier A at least.start a tread so for cbsl so kid.village have a very healthy squad kid .

#Gaffer
07/08/2018, 5:34 PM
start a tread so for cbsl so kid.village have a very healthy squad kid .

Have nothing to do with cbsl kid just stating an opinion I hope to God Village have a strong squad as the league will only be stronger with a good Village team with the talent they have had the past few years definitely underachieved in my opinion

Dr. football
07/08/2018, 5:56 PM
Cow have gotten out of cork last 2 seasons in Munster junior cup!

Village at home to the cow tonight at 7:15 in silver heights if ye wanna see wants what!

Bulldog
07/08/2018, 9:20 PM
Cow have gotten out of cork last 2 seasons in Munster junior cup!

Village at home to the cow tonight at 7:15 in silver heights if ye wanna see wants what!finished 4-4 buddy.

injurytime
08/08/2018, 8:07 AM
From what I have been told Quinlins are going to be very strong this year a lot of ex glentoran and Leeds players and with nipper in charge he will always attract a good quality player don't know much about the Cow but with the talks of Village struggling there will obviously be a knock on affect with some of them players going to the Cow and to be Fair there is maybe 4 Teams in the Premier that are league above the rest Grattan knocka Bohs and Pearse the rest are only average to be fair I think they would hold there own no bothers in the Premier A at least.

Nipper is only doing the job so that he can have 1 good year win a handy double nad get A move back to Glenthorn or Grattan..Hes well clued in that fella.

JaketheSnake
08/08/2018, 10:49 AM
does winning a double in the Business league count for much when trying to get a job in the AUL or MSL?

Dr. football
08/08/2018, 12:11 PM
I’m sure if nipper wanted to take over glenthorn he would have been welcomed back this season regardless of what he does in the CBSL.

injurytime
08/08/2018, 1:50 PM
does winning a double in the Business league count for much when trying to get a job in the AUL or MSL?

Depends some clubs see a manger winning things and all over social media and Local news papers week in and out with headlines this brings attention to some clubs and mangers if successful.

Play it out
08/08/2018, 3:12 PM
Definitely, winning trophies in any league shows a fellas ability to manage. That would be my view.

One extreme opposite argument comes to mind on that to be fair. A former manager in the business league did well with Abtran, moved to Greenwood, failed miserably, they're still recovering. He somehow became involved in the Cobh Ramblers set up, out of his depth to say it lightly from what I was told from players. Went to UCC last year and got one win.

Badges and all of that are nothing compared to experience. The man above had the badges, the likes of Nipper have experience. It's junior football after all and if you're successful, I see the attraction.

Bulldog
08/08/2018, 7:48 PM
does winning a double in the Business league count for much when trying to get a job in the AUL or MSL?winning a double is a great sucess in any league .

JaketheSnake
09/08/2018, 10:15 AM
winning a double is a great sucess in any league .

Not what I meant . Yes it is a success . But Nipper already has a good reputation . Even if he were to win something in the Business league it wouldn't make any difference to his reputation . The Business league may be better ran but in general it is of a poorer standard

overthehill
09/08/2018, 10:56 AM
Anyone looking for a game tonight 7.30pm Glen park? Left down by arranged opponents.
Ring Mick 087 7590341

#Gaffer
09/08/2018, 7:08 PM
CORK AUL FIXTURES
Friday 17th August Ko 7.45pm
Mossie Linnane League Cup
Group B
Leeview Ath A v St John Boscos A, Mayfeld Community School, Liam Murphy
Saturday 18th August Ko 2.00pm
Group A
Bohemians v Buttevant, Fairfield, V.Coonan
Knocknaheeny Celtic A v Village Utd, Kilmore Rd, T.Cotter
Group C
Innishvilla A v Lakewood Ath A, Knocknacurra, Innishannon, Tom McCarthy
Group D
Grattan Utd A v Greenwood A, O’Neill Pk, Richard Murphy
Pearse Celtic A v Rylane Celtic, Leaghanamore, Pat Buckley
Tower FC v Waterloo, Killowen, D.Keeler
AUL 1
Central Rovers v Corkbeg, Central Pk, M.O’Flaherty
AUL 1A
CFC Banteer v Donoughmore Ath, Banteer Sports Field, J.Lenihan
AUL 2
Hibernians v Grattan Utd, Shanbally, D.Daunt
Knockraha v Blackstone Rovers, GACA Pitches , Brooklodge, Marc Barry
AUL 2A
Kilmichael Rovers v South Coast Ath, Kilmichael, G.Dolan
AUL 3
Macroom v Innishvilla, Town Park, Macroom. B.Forde
Killumney Utd v Los Zarcos, The Farm, B.O’Regan
AUL 3A
Greenmount Rangers v Watergrasshill Utd, Murphys Farm , P.Hennessy
Sunday 19th August Ko 10.45am Unless Otherwise Stated
Group B
Carrigtwohill Utd A v Glenthorn Celtic A, Ballyadam Pk, G.Duffy
Group C
Coachford v Macroom A, The Glebe, Marc Barry
AUL 1
Cathedral Celtic v Dunbar Celtic, Fairfield, Richard Murphy
Springfeld v Glen Celtic , Pat O Brien Pk, T.Cotter
AUL 1A
Strand Utd v Rathcoole Rovers, Ballyanley, T.Thompson
Temple Utd v Cloughduv Celtic, Temple Pk, Liam Murphy
AUL 2
Blackpool Celtic v Carrigtwohill Utd, Pophams Road, Ger Dolan
AUL 2A
Knocknaheeny Celtic v Leeview Ath, Kilmore Rd, K,Szatkowski
Glenthorn Celtic v Bweeng Celtic, Glenthorn Pk, M.O’Faherty
AUL 3
Ballinhassig v Ard Na Laoi, Gortnaglough, M.O’Flynn
AUL 3A
Greenwood v Pearse Celtic, Leaghanamore, T.Callanan
Grangevale v Castleview, Grangevale Pk, B.Noonan
Parkview Celtc v St John Boscos, Garryduff, J.O’Connor
Tuesday 21st August Ko 6.30pm Sharp
Group A
Buttevant v Knocknaheeny Celtic A, Buttevnt, Liam Murphy
Village Utd v Bohemians, Silverheights Pk, G.Duffy
Group B
Glenthorn Celtic A v St John Boscos A, Glenthorn Pk, T.Cotter
Carrigtwohill Utd A v Leeview Ath A, Ballyadam Pk, D.Keeler
Group C
Lakewood Ath A v Coachford, Ovens, Paul O’Sullivan
Macroom A v Kanturk, Murray Field, J.Lenihan
Group D
Greenwood A v Pearse Celtic A, Leaghanamore, V.Coonan
Rylane Celtic v Tower FC, Rylane, Richard Murphy
Waterloo v Grattan Utd A, Whitechurch Community Centre, P.Buckley
AUL 1
Corkbeg v Springfield, Whitegate, T.Thompson
Dunbar Celtic v Central Rovers, Deerpark School, J.O’Connor
Glen Celtic v Cathedral Celtic, Glen Pk, B.Forde
AUL 1A
Cloughduv Celtic v CFC Banteer, Fr O Driscoll Pk, B.O’Regan
Donoughmore Ath v Temple Utd, Donoughmore, P.Hennessy
Fairview v Strand Utd, Fairfield, Tom Mc Carthy
Thursday 23rd August Ko 6.30pm Sharp
AUL 2
Blackstone Rovers v Blackpool Celtic, Fairfield, K.Szatowski
Carrigtwohill Utd v Knockraha, Ballyadam Pk, V.Coonan
AUL 2A
Bweeng Celtic v Kilmichael Rovers, Bweeng Sports Field, B.Noonan
Southcoast Ath v Knocknaheeny Celtic, Shanbally, T.Callanan
Glenthorn Celtic v Leeview Ath, Glenthorn Pk, M.O’Flynn
AUL 3
Ard Na Laoi v Innishvilla, Leemount, P.Walsh
Los Zarcos v Lakewood Ath, Town Pk, Millstreet, P.Hennessy
Macroom v Killumney Utd, Town Pk, B.O’Regan
AUL 3A
Castleview v Greenmount Rangers, O’Sullivan Pk, B.Forde
Pearse Celtic v St John Boscos, Leaghanamore, P.Buckley
Watergrasshill Utd v Greenwood, Skehanagh, J.Lenihan
Grangevale v Parkview Celtic, Grangevale Pk, Tom McCarthy

Barry Peelo at Thursday, August 09, 2018

#Gaffer
09/08/2018, 7:08 PM
And it begins

fruice
09/08/2018, 7:19 PM
Look like Parkview B didn't make it out of the starting blocks

goal-achio
10/08/2018, 9:46 PM
Lads from what I know from a very good source is that nipper is doing the quinlans job as a favour to a couple of very good friends and has no interest in any job in the aul or Msl. He most certainly doesn't need to prove himself to anyone and if he really did want one of these jobs he wouldn't need to impress anyone as his record speaks for itself. On top of that the club's mentioned above have excellent management teams in place and will be pretty ****ed off with this kind of talk

injurytime
12/08/2018, 3:26 PM
Lads from what I know from a very good source is that nipper is doing the quinlans job as a favour to a couple of very good friends and has no interest in any job in the aul or Msl. He most certainly doesn't need to prove himself to anyone and if he really did want one of these jobs he wouldn't need to impress anyone as his record speaks for itself. On top of that the club's mentioned above have excellent management teams in place and will be pretty ****ed off with this kind of talk

What has he won in past...Looking forward to the season also good too see some decent refs in the AUL this season couple new that is havant seen before.

Xmas3Formation
12/08/2018, 7:41 PM
Anyone come across any particularly impressive teams in preseason that ye feel have improved dramatically. Or on the flip side any teams after taking a big nosedive?

injurytime
13/08/2018, 7:40 AM
Anyone come across any particularly impressive teams in preseason that ye feel have improved dramatically. Or on the flip side any teams after taking a big nosedive?

Watched Alot of challenge games last 3-4 weeks,Very impressed with Grattan team look super fit also which is key to be able to compete,watched Glen celtic yesterday as per all the talk on social media and stuff they looked very good serious squad their best luck trying to keep everyone happy..

JaketheSnake
13/08/2018, 9:27 AM
What has he won in past...Looking forward to the season also good too see some decent refs in the AUL this season couple new that is havant seen before.

Didn't he win a double with Glenthorn? manager of the year? I am open to correction on that