PDA

View Full Version : Ya gotta love Behan - young lad having a ball

Counting Crow
28/03/2005, 11:24 PM
Have to say I think he's really enjoying himself.

We tend to forget he's just a young lad up from the U-21's and having scored 2 goals in 2 games he must be on air - particularly tonight's hooser.

I thought he'd do a lap of honer when he was being substituted - brilliant.

The Shels players must have been really pi$$ed with him, winding the fans up etc.

Fair play to him.

He has a brilliant record for the U-21's and he's doing alright for the seniors ;) .

S. Ashton must be beaming with pride.

adamcarr
28/03/2005, 11:29 PM
He was brilliant tonight! Jesus There was still 20 mins left when he was subbed and he was going crazy like we had won! :D

Troy.McClure
28/03/2005, 11:57 PM
I dunno Adam, I didnt think that he played very well in a lot of respects. He had no first touch tonight, infact everything that went to his feet just bounced away. His heading though I thought was very good and he layed off some nice balls and as usual his committment to go in where it hurts was there (great to see him squaring up to Honker in the 1st half). I still think that he can improve and get a bit more involved in the game when he isnt getting service, but the guy knows how to finish! Id rather have a striker playing bad and scoring, than play well and not. He's really laying down the marker to O'Flynn now though, if he keeps on scoring form than JOF will find it hard to get back in! :)

A face
29/03/2005, 12:38 AM
I didnt think that he played very well in a lot of respects. He had no first touch tonight

I'd agree with that up until the scored the goal .... after that he really picked up, obviously more confident after scoring. The guy is in two games and scoring twice will do his confidence the world of good. If he keeps this up, and gets match fit, then i'd say the guy will be tearing the place up every week.

Remarkable improvement after the goal ..... handled it alot better fair play to him.

DolansWaistcoat
29/03/2005, 6:27 AM
Behan was fairly crap until the goal I thought and not a patch on Doyler for skill and making runs with the ball but another wonder goal will only add to his growing confidence and he will only get better and better hopefully and prove the doubters wrong. :)

pete
29/03/2005, 9:31 AM
Behan IS crap but hard to argue with 2 goals in 2 games.

He was milking the crowd big time when substituted.

ollie
29/03/2005, 11:22 AM
spot on pete.he is still young though and can only improve.

Ruairi
29/03/2005, 11:43 AM
anyone who's watched denis at under 21 level knows what a fantastic talent he is. as for last nights goal, you wontsee better from anyone in the league this season. and as for milking the applause, fair play, he deserved it :)

adamd164
29/03/2005, 1:19 PM
Behan IS crap
That's rubbish, when he puts his mind to it he's far from 'crap'

pete
29/03/2005, 1:30 PM
That's rubbish, when he puts his mind to it he's far from 'crap'

Granted i only saw the u-21 semi & final (suppose they would be the better quality opposition though) last season & Shane Long impressed me a lot more than Behan.

wws
29/03/2005, 1:56 PM
anyone who's watched denis at under 21 level knows what a fantastic talent he is. as for last nights goal, you wontsee better from anyone in the league this season. and as for milking the applause, fair play, he deserved it :)

already have from Bray twice and a dooozzy for harps the other night

patsh
29/03/2005, 2:12 PM
already have from Bray twice and a dooozzy for harps the other night
Thats nice for you, as you won't be seeing much in the way of any type of goal from your own club......:D

Shedender
31/03/2005, 3:52 PM
Watching the ireland match the other nite gave me inspiration for a new chant ...............

We all dream of a team of denis behans , a team of denis behans, a team of denis behans........... :D :D :D

wws
31/03/2005, 3:57 PM
Thats nice for you, as you won't be seeing much in the way of any type of goal from your own club......:D

tut tut

you'll be eating your words pretty quick - last season we were light years behind bohs - now we've all but by passed them - cork and shels willl be next as we make you all kiss backside!

wheres your Dolan gone?

Roo69
31/03/2005, 4:01 PM

Yes you will. Waterford 1st goal last week was a stunner !!!! Foxys goal against cork was not to bad either

adamd164
31/03/2005, 4:30 PM
you'll be eating your words pretty quick - last season we were light years behind bohs - now we've all but by passed them - cork and shels willl be next as we make you all kiss backside!

hmm, interesting theory..........

no, you're sh*t.

Soko
31/03/2005, 4:43 PM
Yes you will. Waterford 1st goal last week was a stunner !!!! Foxys goal against cork was not to bad either

Insane talk, wtf about the goals from Alan Murphy the first week? That goal against Waterford was a fluke anyway.

patsh
31/03/2005, 5:54 PM
tut tut
Wow you lot got a home draw with a penniless club who had to get almost an entire new squad for this season...for your small club, I guess thats a big deal to you....but it's good to see that you can retain a sense of humour during your season long hopeless fight against relegation....fair play to you....:D

wheres your Dolan gone?
Who? Is that the guy who LOVES SPA?
Rico's the MAN!.....:D

Counting Crow
31/03/2005, 8:05 PM
Back to the topic...... he must be on cloud nine now - another goal and another hoozer apparently.

Isn't it brilliant to see players coming through from our under age teams.

Bennett,
Greg,
Behan,
Lordan,
Hoggie,
McNulty,
Long.

Best club in the country by a mile ......... and I'm not a bit biased ;) :D

harry crumb
31/03/2005, 8:30 PM
Crow, you again have showed your balanced judgement. A job at the UN beckons. NOT.

A face
31/03/2005, 8:40 PM
you'll be eating your words pretty quick - last season we were light years behind bohs - now we've all but by passed them - cork and shels willl be next as we make you all kiss backside

What was the name of that press officer type for Saddam during the last Iraq war, they guy that kept saying the the US were on the verge of pulling out and that they were all over them like a swarm of flies on a big jobbie ??

wws .... you'd make a great press officer !! :eek: :rolleyes:

DolansWaistcoat
01/04/2005, 6:18 AM
3 in 3 for Behan,great goalscoring form.He's gonna be hard to move from the side at the moment flynny will have to wait for his chance when he's fit along with Fenn,because Doyler and Behan are def the first choice strikers at the mo. :ball:

Counting Crow
01/04/2005, 7:45 AM
Crow, you again have showed your balanced judgement. A job at the UN beckons. NOT.

:D :D :D

It's posts like this that make it all worthwhile........hit a nerve did I Crumb? :rolleyes:

Funny how I don't see many City fans disagree with me.....but then none of us would get jobs in the UN, would we. ;)