PDA

View Full Version : website search

deadman
28/03/2005, 5:49 PM
anyone know of any website that holds archives of Irish international match reports going back a few years?

i'd like to see how many substitutions Kerr averages since he has taken over ... could make for an interesting contrast to that of Sven. both prone to extremes

eirebhoy
28/03/2005, 6:21 PM
Friendlies: 5, 7, 8, 6, 8, 1, 5, 6, 1, 4, 4, 2, 6, 5, 4.
Competitive: 0, 1, 3, 2, 3, 3, 3, 2, 1, 2, 1.

Junior
29/03/2005, 10:24 AM
Friendlies: 5, 7, 8, 6, 8, 1, 5, 6, 1, 4, 4, 2, 6, 5, 4.
Competitive: 0, 1, 3, 2, 3, 3, 3, 2, 1, 2, 1.

Eirebhoy what minutes were the competitive substitutions made?

Come on I know you've got some super-duper spreadsheet somewhere :D :D

the 12 th man
29/03/2005, 10:43 AM
if memory serves me right he was the same when he was a manager in the domestic league i.e. very seldom used subs.
a buddy of mine played for pats while "the greener" was the boss and he said that if you were on the bench well thats where you stayed.

OwlsFan
29/03/2005, 12:59 PM
Wouldn't a substitution at the throw in - just before the Israeli goal - have killed the game. Wise in hindsight ? Perhaps but with our record of conceding late winnners - perhaps not.

Also with 5 in midfield how come the Arab had so much space to run onto the ball and blast it home in the only gap available ? Oh ye fates...

Stuttgart88
29/03/2005, 1:07 PM
Wouldn't a substitution at the throw in - just before the Israeli goal - have killed the game. Wise in hindsight ? Perhaps but with our record of conceding late winnners - perhaps not.

Also with 5 in midfield how come the Arab had so much space to run onto the ball and blast it home in the only gap available ? Oh ye fates...

I read in the Irish Times this morning that Kerr said he brought Holland on and moved Duff forward.

He was asked if taking Morrison off and inserting Matt Holland couldn't be interpreted as a retrograde move. He showed some studs.

"Did you think so?" he asked sweetly. "I didn't think so. Clinton was tired. He came to us and said he needed to go off. We put Damien up front and played Damien off the front, where he has played in lots of matches. Mattie is a good player, good experienced player, and we still had two up front."

I have to say this surprised me.

Why put further distance between the player you want most to have the ball and his teammates?

Why put a guy who's more than happy to muck in defensively (I still have a vision of Duffer at Old Trafford in that league cup game making a crunching tackle in injury time) further up the pitch than he was previously?

Oh, hindsight is a great thing I know...

onenilgameover
29/03/2005, 2:12 PM
player, and we still had two up front."[/I]

I have to say this surprised me.

Why put further distance between the player you want most to have the ball and his teammates?

Why put a guy who's more than happy to muck in defensively (I still have a vision of Duffer at Old Trafford in that league cup game making a crunching tackle in injury time) further up the pitch than he was previously?

Oh, hindsight is a great thing I know...

I'm not sure Kerr made any correct decisions in Israel but we live and learn. Kerr is definitely not a bad manager and all is certainly not lost we need to move on and enjoy the match tonight.