PDA

View Full Version : Theo Foley new book - Theo Give Us a Ball

Fitzy
15/08/2018, 10:32 PM
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Theo-Give-Us-Ball-Football-ebook/dp/B07GBDNZ2J/ref=sr_1_2?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1533904903&sr=1-2&keywords=apex+publishing

I hope this is ok to share on this group a book that has been written by a friend of my mine about his Dad Theo Foley's career in football. Theo played for Northampton, Exeter, Charlton and the Republic of Ireland during his playing career, before embarking on a long and distinguished managerial and coaching career with Charlton, QPR, Millwall, Arsenal (as assistant manager under George Graham when they won the league in 1989), Northampton, Southend, Tottenham and Leeds. I would strongly recommend it

OwlsFan
16/08/2018, 10:14 AM
Might be better off here https://foot.ie/threads/49195-Best-Football-Book/page9?highlight=Books

I remember (just about) Theo. Thanks for the heads-up.

Stuttgart88
16/08/2018, 11:05 AM
I sat beside Theo at a Charlton game once. Very nice man.

geysir
29/10/2018, 8:05 PM
Thanks for the 'heads up' on this book Stutts. I will purchase a copy, as it perfectly solves one christmas present puzzle and as a bonus I'll be able to read it for myself.

OwlsFan
30/10/2018, 10:00 AM
Thanks for the 'heads up' on this book Stutts. I will purchase a copy, as it perfectly solves one christmas present puzzle and as a bonus I'll be able to read it for myself.

It was Fitzy who gave the heads up - you know that prolific poster of on average 2 posts per annum over the past 9 years. In fact there were 6 years between his last post and the book post. It was like as if he read the book, enjoyed it and said "now who can I share this with? Oh yes, I was a member of a forum a few years ago. Footy thingy or something". He hasn't posted since but pro rata he gets a lot of likes for his posts.

I might also buy it for Christmas (i.e. ask my wife to buy it for me).

geysir
30/10/2018, 10:36 AM
Yeah, thanks for the correction Owls, I see now that Stutts was just name dropping and offered nothing to the conversation.