PDA

View Full Version : Bit of help!

aido_b
27/03/2005, 11:47 PM
Lads Im doing a thesis for college on "The ignorance of a hooligan problem within irish soccer by the irish media".

Im just wondering if anyone can furnish me with dates when there was trouble at matches all over the league. Any incidents at all. Any help would be much appreciated and comments are welcome.

Cheers,

Aido

P.S. I know Im probably wrecking everyones heads with all these posts about Bohs/Rovers etc ... sorry!

adamcarr
27/03/2005, 11:50 PM
Lads Im doing a thesis for college on "The ignorance of a hooligan problem within irish soccer by the irish media".

Im just wondering if anyone can furnish me with dates when there was trouble at matches all over the league. Any incidents at all. Any help would be much appreciated and comments are welcome.

Cheers,

Aido

P.S. I know Im probably wrecking everyones heads with all these posts about Bohs/Rovers etc ... sorry!
There was trouble at the game between Rovers and City at the Cross at the start of last season! 2 fans wer banned when there was rocks and stuff being thrown between both sets of fans!

aido_b
27/03/2005, 11:51 PM
cheers, you woudn't know the exact date would ya please?

adamcarr
28/03/2005, 12:00 AM
cheers, you woudn't know the exact date would ya please?14/05/04

Aberdonian Stu
29/03/2005, 10:28 AM
Do you have access to Lexis Nexis? That'll help you search for articles on it.

monutdfc
29/03/2005, 10:34 AM
What about the exaggeration of a hooligan problem within Irish soccer by certain sections fo the Irish media?

I was at Bohs-Rovers a few seasons ago and was asked by a colleague at work on the monday morning if I'd seent he riot? Apparently the "Irish" Sunday times had a front page story about the "riot" in Phibsboro.

BohDiddley
29/03/2005, 11:28 AM
Do you mean they are ignorant in that they ignore/don't know about a hooligan problem that exists, or that they wish it existed, or something else?

aido_b
29/03/2005, 12:50 PM
The way im approaching is that when there is trouble at the games its either totally ignored or over exagerated by the media. I have a load of match reports from games where there was considerable trouble and the media didn't report on it the following day. I also have match reports which didn't even mention any disturbances and yet the following day the media exagerated a fight between two fans to being a full blown riot.

Basically what I want to prove is that there is no point in reporting on it unless its reported on properly which it isn't at the moment within the media. I've had chats with various journalists who admitted that much of the time the only reason that violence is reported on is to fill the article because they couldn't get a 600 word article from the game itself ...

Cheers for all the help on this its much appreciated

padjoe
29/03/2005, 1:02 PM
The way im approaching is that when there is trouble at the games its either totally ignored or over exagerated by the media. I have a load of match reports from games where there was considerable trouble and the media didn't report on it the following day. I also have match reports which didn't even mention any disturbances and yet the following day the media exagerated a fight between two fans to being a full blown riot.

Basically what I want to prove is that there is no point in reporting on it unless its reported on properly which it isn't at the moment within the media. I've had chats with various journalists who admitted that much of the time the only reason that violence is reported on is to fill the article because they couldn't get a 600 word article from the game itself ...

Cheers for all the help on this itsained from much appreciated

aido_b what is there to be gained from such a topic. once again another individual is looking to drag the image of eircom league down just as it was looking to be on the way up. i'd say if i was correcting that thesis i would give you nothing more than a pass.

aido_b
29/03/2005, 1:04 PM
feck off padjoe just coz u aint started yours yet!

padjoe
29/03/2005, 1:07 PM
feck off padjoe just coz u aint started yours yet!

mine is chugging along just nicely....thank you very much. i was thinking maybe you should hold off the thesis till april 15. there will be plent of trouble in dalymount when cork city massacre bohemians.

skitz3
29/03/2005, 1:12 PM
A Bohs fan talking about hooliganism in Irish soccer? Never!!! :D

aido_b
29/03/2005, 1:13 PM
PJ, you know you're gonna be a Bohs fan by the end of the season, I already got ya wearing a Bohs jersey!

padjoe
29/03/2005, 1:19 PM
PJ, you know you're gonna be a Bohs fan by the end of the season, I already got ya wearing a Bohs jersey!

you have not!!!! that is pure lies. new edition of the Dhulaigh Reporter is out now. did you get anything in for the smedias?

skitz3
29/03/2005, 3:12 PM
Hooliganism. Never!! Not in Irish football. :D