PDA

View Full Version : Israel V France. Switzerland V Cyprus

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

teckno
27/03/2005, 2:33 PM
Anybody know any Sky gitital channels which are showing these games for free other than Setanta Sports. Any Israel or Swiss channels on the dish?????

Dawn_Run
27/03/2005, 3:33 PM
Wednesday 30th March footie as follows

Austria and Wales - Sky Sports 1
Poland and Norn Iron - Sky Sports 2
England and Azerbaijan - BBC 1
Israel and France - Setanta

Cant see any others showing any Live football other than eurosport who are doing asian qualifiers

Gibbe84
27/03/2005, 7:14 PM
Selling the rights to anything that may interest Irish fans to Setanta really annoys me. They charge extortionate fees for generally poor products that I have no interest in. Why should we have to pay their monthly fee to see our national team play? I really don't see why Sky got rid and instead decided to show Wales games, which are just painful.

brine3
27/03/2005, 7:26 PM
The French match doesn't appear to be on TV5, according to the schedule on their site.

JimmyP
27/03/2005, 8:37 PM
Apparently French match is on French channel: C+ Sport.
Swiss match: Alfa TV, SF-2, and TSR / TSi 2
never heard of any of them.

Volltreffer
28/03/2005, 1:41 PM
Swiss match: SF-2, and TSR / TSi 2
They are all national (Swiss) channels.
SF1/2: German
TSR1/2: French
TSI1/2: Italian

Alfa TV: never heard of it either.

Hibs4Ever
29/03/2005, 8:13 AM
As for the matches themselves,

I'm going for Israel to beat France and Swiss to beat Cyprus

concanta
29/03/2005, 11:41 AM
I have an inkling that cyprus could run the swiss close
dunno why - just nagging in the back of my head - they have showed no form and the swiss have been good

TheJamaicanP.M.
29/03/2005, 11:48 AM
Unfortunately I think both France and Switzerland will win tomorrow night. France are due a goal and Israel have their captain suspended along with their only Premiership player, Ben-Haim. I think the euphoria of their weekend result may be a little much for the Israelis. :) As for Switzerland, I thought their defending was appalling on Saturday night. However, I was impressed with their midfield and Frei up front. Also their right-back (Deggen??) was very impressive. It must be remembered that both Murat Yakin and Hakan Yakin were missing, and Vonlanthen was on the bench. I expect the Swiss to win comfortably tomorrow night.

NeilMcD
29/03/2005, 11:57 AM
I dont think either of them will win tonight unless you are talking about the U21 matches as the games are on tomorrow night. I think it will be a draw in Israel and Swiss will win. It would great if the Cypriots did us a favour though.

chippy79
29/03/2005, 1:41 PM
have a nasty feeling israel will collapse wednesday. France are not looking likely to score let alone hammer anybody - but if they put it up to them, Israel will implode. Hope I am wrong but can see the French winning 0-2/0-3 wednesday :eek: Henry has a habit of returning from a rest period/injury and playing a blinder.

thejollyrodger
29/03/2005, 2:21 PM
Israel havent lost at home in something like 6 years. Plus Israel hates France and they are going to be up for this match tomorrow. I expect France to score but so will the Israelis. Im still putting money on a scoring draw.

I expect Switzerland to win. A draw would be a massive shock and unlikely to happen.

eirebhoy
29/03/2005, 2:49 PM
Ben Haim and Beneyoun are doubts while they also have a few suspensions.

Erez-Israel
29/03/2005, 3:44 PM
Tal Ben Haim will play tomorrow
Yossi Benayoun will try to finish the training today, and we hope that he'll be able to play tomorrow.

As long as Ben Haim and Benayoun are fit to play, all we need is that Henry won't be able to play. As you know, Henry and Trezeguet are very dangerous together, and our defence will have much easier life without one of them.

Tipp Townie
29/03/2005, 4:17 PM
Dunno if any of yous lads are exiles based in London(?), but if you are and you want to catch either of the games tomorrow, particluarly Israel - France, you could do worse than go to the Famous Three Kings in West Kensington. They've got about 10 different tv's, and usually have a huge selection of international matches on at the same time..

boysingreen
29/03/2005, 4:51 PM
Israel's fitness could well be a factor, playing two tough ties so close together. Let's pray France don't run riot in the second half.

tall chapy
29/03/2005, 11:51 PM
Benayoun declared fit and u-21 Israel beat France 3-2

concanta
30/03/2005, 7:30 AM
I think that Israel could sneak this - dunno why - I cannot make up my mind what result I want - when you look at it a draw would defo seem good.

If Israel win - it really puts pressure on France - basically if Is win and we beat Israel and dont get beaten by France - it would be almost certain we would be above them.

Whereas if France win - I think it could really knock thestuffing out of Israel
but overall I want a draw or an Israel win

Tipp Townie
30/03/2005, 10:09 AM
ive never heard of them but ill take a look. where do they get all their channels from?

Erm, was this in response to my post, Pronane? If so, to answer your question, no idea where they get all the channels from i'm afraid (i guess european cable?), but they just do. There was one particular occasion when i was in the Famous Three Kings and they had Ireland, Wales, and Scotland matches on, plus France v Slovenia, Holland V Czech, and a couple of others. Admittedly a few of these were on small screens and with no sound, but still i've never come across a place before that had so much choice, and knew exactly what was going on. My local pub in South London couldnt even work out how to put the Wales game on on Saturday as it clashed with Eng/NIre :confused:

Saint Tom
30/03/2005, 1:19 PM
France will also have played two tough ties closely together.....

FarBeag
30/03/2005, 1:26 PM
I think the Swiss will do Cyprus 2-0 and the French Israel game will be 0-0.

TheJamaicanP.M.
30/03/2005, 1:29 PM

Added to that, France had a long flight to Israel where as the Israeli squad could relax after the weekend game.

Shae_B2D
30/03/2005, 2:11 PM
Added to that, France had a long flight to Israel where as the Israeli squad could relax after the weekend game.

Not to mention they've had quite a rough reception, nothing like the Irish ones have gotten. They're really gonna have the crowd against them tonight, unlike the Ireland match where the crowd was extremely quiet.

I don't think we'll see another 0 - 0 from France. They did look much better against Switzerland, even if they didn't score, and the Israeli defence, well, IS there an Israeli defence? by far the weakest point in a very average team.

TheJamaicanP.M.
30/03/2005, 2:16 PM
Not to mention they've had quite a rough reception, nothing like the Irish ones have gotten. They're really gonna have the crowd against them tonight, unlike the Ireland match where the crowd was extremely quiet.

I don't think we'll see another 0 - 0 from France. They did look much better against Switzerland, even if they didn't score, and the Israeli defence, well, IS there an Israeli defence? by far the weakest point in a very average team.

Am I right in saying that the Israeli defence will be further weakened by the absence of Ben-Haim and also their captain from the weekend who got suspended. The French did look quite slick at the weekend, although they missed so many chances. Still, a team that can create so many chances always worries me.

Shae_B2D
30/03/2005, 2:26 PM
Am I right in saying that the Israeli defence will be further weakened by the absence of Ben-Haim and also their captain from the weekend who got suspended. The French did look quite slick at the weekend, although they missed so many chances. Still, a team that can create so many chances always worries me.

Well, Ben-Haim will play tonight, and the Israeli coach has surprisingly changed the line up of the defence for tonight, leaving Omri Afek outside and having Kalmi Savan as a defense player in the right side, also meaning he is adding Avi Nimni as a midfielder, and he plays at the back anyway. So since he moved everything around there, it might not be weakened too much.

I predict Israel and France will draw tonight and Raymond Domenech will get his marching orders demain matin. (Tomorrow morning, for the monolinguals on here). :D :D
Switzerland will trounce Cyprus.

Can't you predict an Israeli win and marching orders for Domenech demain matin? it's always more fun to see the French lose.

OwlsFan
30/03/2005, 2:47 PM
Hope they don't sack their manager. We always seem to meet teams just as they've got a new manager and we feel the backlash :eek:

Shae_B2D
30/03/2005, 2:51 PM
Hope they don't sack their manager. We always seem to meet teams just as they've got a new manager and we feel the backlash :eek:
As far as I'm concerned they can keep losing with a new manager as well. See if I care.

boysingreen
30/03/2005, 3:01 PM

Supposedly people are doubting Israel's fitness, that two ties in the same week at such a high level will be asking a lot of their domestic players, who aren't used to two ties in the same week. Teams in Europe are more accustomed to it. That's why I made the comment about praying France don't run riot in the 2nd half.

boysingreen
30/03/2005, 3:13 PM
Anyone have a link to that site that's supposed to be broadcasting Israel v France? If you search Livesports LS1 on yahoo.com for instance (i believe) it'll get you there. However, i think the site is in Hebrew so it's hard to navigate. A direct link would be great.

In the meantime, I'll be brushing up on my Hebrew.

boysingreen
30/03/2005, 3:16 PM
Nevermind, found it. http://www.livesports.co.il/

Shae_B2D
30/03/2005, 3:24 PM
whats teh exact kick off time??

20:50 local, 18:50 GMT, I believe.

Currently I don't see any direct link to the game at Livesports, btw.

Stuttgart88
30/03/2005, 3:54 PM

Yeah, didn't that happen just before we played Russia at home? Israel beat the 2-0 in Russia, they sacked their coach & the new one brought back all their old, good players. See, Israel even did their best to stop us qaulifying last time too.

Shae_B2D
30/03/2005, 4:13 PM
Yeah, didn't that happen just before we played Russia at home? Israel beat the 2-0 in Russia, they sacked their coach & the new one brought back all their old, good players. See, Israel even did their best to stop us qaulifying last time too.

hmm, err, hmm, eh. Don't hold that against all Israelis. Some of us will prefer to see you qualify over our own team. Personally, I want to have you guys in first place in the group and us second. and the French nowhere. but for that cause i'm even willing to let the Faroe Islands finishing second and above us, as long as it means the French are out.

And, well, the French have been playing bad for quite a while now, Euro 2004, anyone? It will take more than a new manager to get them look like the team which won the WC and Euros not too long ago.

Tipp Townie
30/03/2005, 4:37 PM
[QUOTE=Shae_B2D]hmm, err, hmm, eh. Don't hold that against all Israelis. Some of us will prefer to see you qualify over our own team. Personally, I want to have you guys in first place in the group and us second. and the French nowhere. but for that cause i'm even willing to let the Faroe Islands finishing second and above us, as long as it means the French are out.QUOTE]

Jaysus. Well said! :)

Shae_B2D
30/03/2005, 6:58 PM
[QUOTE=Shae_B2D]hmm, err, hmm, eh. Don't hold that against all Israelis. Some of us will prefer to see you qualify over our own team. Personally, I want to have you guys in first place in the group and us second. and the French nowhere. but for that cause i'm even willing to let the Faroe Islands finishing second and above us, as long as it means the French are out.QUOTE]

Jaysus. Well said! :)

well... I'm not alone. don't think the French have ever heard their national anthem booed so much as it was today... Not for such behavior usually, but the French (anyone said Barthez) earned it.

Anyone wants updates from the game?

Poor Student
30/03/2005, 6:59 PM
Fabien Barthez 16
Jean-Alain Boumsong 2
Alou Diarra 15
William Gallas 5
Gael Givet 17
Willy Sagnol 19
Benoit Pedretti 18
Patrick Vieira 4
Florent Malouda 7
David Trezeguet 20
Sylvain Wiltord 11

Subs
Gregory Coupet 23
Eric Abidal 14
Jonathan Zebina 3
Vikash Dhorasoo 13
Ludovic Giuly 8
Thierry Henry 12
Steve Marlet 21

The French line up. Henry and Giuly only on the bench?

0-0 in both games so far. Half an hour and 10 mins gone in the Swiss and French games respectively.

Shae_B2D
30/03/2005, 7:04 PM
Not 10 min yet, starting the 9th min now. Already one Israeli player who got a yellow card and will miss the away game in Dublin, Walid Badir.

Malouda just missed a good opportunity to score.

Colbert Report
30/03/2005, 7:09 PM
yes please keep the updates coming as i am unable to watch the match in my corner of the world

also does anyone know anywhere you can listen to the match online in english? thanks

eirebhoy
30/03/2005, 7:10 PM
Israel have proved in the first 10 minutes how good they can be. They are playing better so far than we have played in any of our games. They gave us too much respect but they're a decent team.

Poor Student
30/03/2005, 7:12 PM
Crap. The Swiss are 1 up. :mad:

Shae_B2D
30/03/2005, 7:13 PM
Yes, it's a totally different team than the one we saw on saturday. on the other hand, on saturday the ability had a lot to do with the shock 3rd min goal.

On the other hand, France continues their ability from saturday too (meaning, good offensive moves, but unable to score, yet, at least).

Colbert Report
30/03/2005, 7:14 PM
don't see anything on livescore or soccernet

Poor Student
30/03/2005, 7:14 PM
Scrap that. The goal disappeared off Livescore. Swiss are 0-0 apparently!

Shae_B2D
30/03/2005, 7:15 PM
Crap. The Swiss are 1 up. :mad:

Well, I thought that a Swiss tonight was pretty much a given unless something very surprising happens, no?

Oh, and LOL, just saw the correction, I'm still betting on a Swiss win though.

ETA: So far, touchwood, the Israel changes in the defence line up work quite well, especially considering it's by far our weakest point.

France had two very dangerous opportunities right now, but the Israeli defence cleared it. Free kick for France now...

Poor Student
30/03/2005, 7:16 PM
The Cypriots are one of the better 'weak' teams well capable of a minor upset like a draw if the Swiss aren't on their game.

Shae_B2D
30/03/2005, 7:19 PM
The Cypriots are one of the better 'weak' teams well capable of a minor upset like a draw if the Swiss aren't on their game.

You don't have to tell me about it... somehow we are always drawn to the same group with them, and only in this campaign we managed to break the Cypriot jinx.

Colbert Report
30/03/2005, 7:21 PM
anyone got an update on the french game, how does it look?

Shae_B2D
30/03/2005, 7:23 PM
anyone got an update on the french game, how does it look?

Both sides attack a lot, very energetic game, both teams had quite a few opportunities. Israel is spending quite a long time around the Barthez. France attacking now, and losing the ball to Nimni... still 0-0, but what a difference 4 days make. It's not the Israeli team we saw on saturday.

a HUGE miss from France now... Trezeguet testing the Israeli defence and manages to pass 3 players before slightly missing his target.

Colbert Report
30/03/2005, 7:24 PM
thanks

Colbert Report
30/03/2005, 7:29 PM
the brits aren't looking too good