PDA

View Full Version : English team for todays game

beautifulrock
26/03/2005, 12:12 PM
England: Robinson; Neville, A Cole, Terry, Ferdinand; Beckham (capt), Lampard, J Cole, Gerrard; Rooney, Owen.
Subs: James, Carragher, King, Dyer, Hargreaves, Heskey, Defoe.

No matter what way you look at it England do not have a bad team. I think it is also fair to say that the bench is only average at best. I know we always have various debates on here about how many from one team would get in to the other etc but there is definately a few of them I would love to have in our dressing room this evening.

A good manager could do wonders with that team. Sven is not that person and one of football greatest bluffers.

eirebhoy
26/03/2005, 12:24 PM
No matter what way you look at it England do not have a bad team.
They have great players but I wouldn't say the have the best of teams. Gerrard-Lampard partnership is average. Butt-Gerrard/Lampard would be a lot better. If Kerr was without Keane, Holland, Kavanagh, Delap he'd still find a holding midfielder to put in the team. A holding midfielder is vital in a team but Sven doesn't realise that.

thejollyrodger
26/03/2005, 12:53 PM
England have some good players but have a crap team spirit or anything that is team related. They will no doubt top their group but it is hardly a tough group.

the 12 th man
26/03/2005, 2:49 PM
desperate first half :( .
n.i defending for 45 mins.
goalie keeping them in it.

beautifulrock
26/03/2005, 2:52 PM
They have great players but I wouldn't say the have the best of teams.

Yes good point Eirebhoy and really what I should have said. No one ever seems to want to put themselves on the line for the team.

FarBeag
26/03/2005, 3:59 PM
4-0 but NI are really rubbish.

tetsujin1979
26/03/2005, 4:02 PM
England took their time to get going, Cole was lucky the left full passed the ball straight to him for the first goal. Cole was also very weak in the first half (bar the first 5 minutes or so) but improved a lot in the second.

Hard to call on whether this England team will do well or not against this opposition, they're only 2 really tough games are against Poland and Austria.

gustavo
30/03/2005, 4:04 PM
England have a great team of individuals and are a good team full stop probably one of the best top 5 in europe overall. cue backlash now :confused: :o