PDA

View Full Version : Next Fridays Live Game?

centre mid
26/03/2005, 11:53 AM
Anybody know which game is on the box - Setanta dont have a game and no Socar Beo on tg4 - I mailed rte but they either dont reply or dont know

Anybody heard anything??

adamcarr
26/03/2005, 12:03 PM
There probably isnt any. The clubs need ten days notice before the match!

sullanefc
26/03/2005, 12:08 PM
Not many obvious games that could be shown next friday. I suppose Shels V Waterford would be a top of the table clash at this stage. The week after could be Waterford V Bohs. And the following week there are 2 interesting clashes. Bohs V Cork and Finn Harps V Derry City. They are the only games I can think of that can be shown. Don't forget City V Shels on monday.

Gareth
26/03/2005, 12:09 PM
Its odd. Two weeks into the season and we have had 4 is it now live games and we wanna know whats on next week. 4 games once was more than any one season of tv matches :)

sullanefc
26/03/2005, 12:17 PM
I know, I think I'm turning into a bar stooler :eek: :D

centre mid
26/03/2005, 12:17 PM
Its been great - Setanta are making a good effort at their live games, decent camera angles etc, also the TG4 coverage was decent ( unfortunatley i'm not fluent in irish ) but was decent enough anyway -

Seems to be better organised than in previous seasons where rte would announce the day before or something that they would have a live game - comentators wouldn't know half the players etc

At least now there is a bit of a build up to the game, i thought that there was going to be 30 live games split between the 3 stations - there are 33 weeks of the season so there should be nearly a game every week on the box - although i dont know if the 30 games includes FAI cup games - can anyone shed some light on this for me

EnDai
26/03/2005, 12:42 PM
The 30 games doesn't include Setanta anyways, which will be at least another 10 games.

Slash/ED
26/03/2005, 2:22 PM
It does include FAI cup though, seven FAI cup matches minimum to be shown. No live game next week anyway as we've past the amount of notice needed to be given to show one.

higgins
26/03/2005, 2:27 PM
There is always a bit of interest in the opening weeks. Then it will settle own and teams will take there place in the table after 5 or 6 weeks.

I'd imagine it wont be for another 3 or 4 weeks when the media starts to write stuff like top of the table clash and in form Pats or whoever that the TV will come back.

I wouldnt want too many early season games so we could use the break and save the football until we are all fit and performing well

centre mid
26/03/2005, 2:33 PM
Thats a fair point - the Setanta cup will be on aswell to keep me ticking over - Looking forward to shels v cork - first chance to see how the EL might pan out

De Town
26/03/2005, 8:14 PM
I'd imagine it wont be for another 3 or 4 weeks when the media starts to write stuff like top of the table clash and in form Pats or whoever that the TV will come back.

:D

That will never be written about Pats ;) :p

TonyD
26/03/2005, 9:07 PM
:D

That will never be written about Pats ;) :p

Never say never. We shall rise again :p :p