PDA

View Full Version : Who is getting a little worried about tomorrow night

FarBeag
25/03/2005, 10:32 PM
Lads.I dont know about ye guys but i am getting a little worried about tomorrow's game.Israel totally demolished us in the u21s and by all accounts really should have won by more, the seniors cant be bad.Jesus i wont sleep tonight.Just off to get the Zopiclone

gustavo
25/03/2005, 10:58 PM
gotta agree with you there its gonna be a really toughie but i have faith in the players :)

beautifulrock
25/03/2005, 11:49 PM
have faith, a 0 - 2 win for the boys in green, Robbie to score both

sligoman
26/03/2005, 12:47 AM
Israel totally demolished us in the u21s and by all accounts really should have won by more, the seniors cant be bad.

You can not judge the game like this, the u-21's are completely different than the seniors for both teams. I think we will win comfortably, we'll be a bit shakey at the start of the game but we'll come into it eventually.

FarBeag
26/03/2005, 12:58 AM
Still up.I guess i have to remain Optimistic.Common Duffers confuse them mixed up Isrealies even more.

thecorner
26/03/2005, 1:23 AM
to be more honest i was more worried about city tonite

OwlsFan
26/03/2005, 9:21 AM
I'm not worried at all. I still say 2-0 Ireland. Keane and Duff.

Blind optimism. DOn't you just love it. No major away win in 18 years and he's not worried at all :eek:

What doesn't worry me is the Under 21 result. We usually lose them anyway and then get a result in the senior game.

It will be a difficult but with a bit of luck and no dodgy ref decisions we should get a draw and who knows, sneak a win, but I am worried. I'd worry even if we were playing the Faroes.

thejollyrodger
26/03/2005, 9:44 AM
The U-21's is a total different ball game to full international level. We pulled out best players out of it. All of our squad is playing in the priemership and the Israelis arent. If we dont draw or win this then there is really no hope for us.

Ireland to win by 1 goal. :)

FarBeag
26/03/2005, 10:30 AM
The U21s are our future,surely it must be a big worry that they cant win matches against what i call very ordinary teams. Look at the players they had out there last night Flood ,McGeady etc etc and they get played off the park.Who do we blame here? Manager Givens,players who ?
I think we have to be very careful this evening 1-1 with a few scares.

tetsujin1979
26/03/2005, 11:00 AM
I'm no more nervous than I usually am before international games, especially away games because I can't go to them :( Before the France game I was a mess though

Irish_Praha
26/03/2005, 1:46 PM
Dont worry about the U21's result it's a totally different situation.
The core of that team only gets about 10 games together then they become too old or the best players are taken for the senior squad.
Against France the starting 11 was:
Henderson, Kelly, Capper, Fitzgerald, McCarthy, Whelan, Flood, Potter, Daryl Murphy, Tabb, McGeady

A few months later the starting 11 against Isreal was:
Deeney; Foley, McShane, McStay, Paisley; Flood, Potter, Whelan, McGeady, Tabb, Murphy.

I think a totally new back 5 resulted in giving away the 2 early goals and then the stuffing was knocked out of the regular players and of course they sorely miss their top scorer Elliott but IMO he deservers to be in the senior squad.
The core of the senior team have played a good 30 caps together and know what they have to do.

Of course you can argue that the U21 situation is the same for Irsrael and we should do much better than we have been doing lately. Also the the other underage teams have even less time together but we have had great success with them recently when Kerr had the same players that are currently in the U21 team. So I think a few questions need to be asked of Givens when you see the quality he has available to him and the bad results he's getting.
I think it's time for him to go and would suggest that one Mr Kerr should be given the chance to suggest a replacement as he appears to have good judgement on these maters.

sligoman
26/03/2005, 3:42 PM
I still say 2-0 Ireland. Keane and Duff.

Which Keane is that? There's two now remember :D

FarBeag
26/03/2005, 4:24 PM
Finnan instead of Reid..Not long now boys and gals