PDA

View Full Version : What A Load Of Tripe

thecorner
25/03/2005, 9:10 PM
dan murray......what can i say..........bring back deccie daly
dan must be th worst player ive ever seen in the cross and ive seen a lot of woeful players out there

rico..........get out of the donie ford stand and get onto the bench....u obvious;y havent seen how well kearney and gamble were playing tonite from up there

ONLY ADDED FUEL FOR THE FANS THAT WANT DOLAN BACK

dcnags
25/03/2005, 9:55 PM
Could and should have made different subs and earlier. Why he took off fenn, kearney and gamble nobody will know.

And leaving behan and woods on when the 3 lads were doing a better job than them.............

Dolan made some strange and stupid subs but this was shocking.

Rico out!!! :o ;)

rebel army no1
25/03/2005, 10:22 PM
ive been to a lot of games at the X, and overall that is the worst game i have ever seen although the ref did no favours. I was in the shed and it WAS AN OBVIOUS PENALTY. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

thecorner
25/03/2005, 10:28 PM
ive been to a lot of games at the X, and overall that is the worst game i have ever seen

i beg to differ..2 years ago...first game of the season vs S.P.A.

dcnags
25/03/2005, 10:33 PM
City played some decent passing football. Bray just hoofed it. Yes it appeared to be a penalty and also, the decision to disallow a perfectly good goal????but the less said about the refs performance the better.

Obviously missing our 2 main scorers was a massive blow but surely it wasnt the worst game you've ever seen!!

harry crumb
25/03/2005, 10:44 PM
Exactly, a crowd of 7000.

2nd in the table.

Setanta Cup on Monday.

Ok, 2 points dropped but, Things should be put in perspective.

Fair_play_boy
25/03/2005, 10:49 PM
Cork City 1-1 Bray Wanderers
Devine
Hoggie Benno Murray (c) Murphy
Woods Georgie Gamble Kearney
Behan Fenn
Denis Behan 37 minutes. Stephen Fox: 79 minutes.
Michael Devine: 4. Poor communication with his back four, was lucky to keep it to one. Could be that he was out of position for the goal.
Danny Murphy: 4. Solid in the first half, headed away a certain goal. Lost his way in the second.
Dan Murray: 2. Groan. Derek Coughlan will be drafted into the side in quick time if this continues.
Neal Horgan: 3. Erratic.
Alan Bennett: 3. Few good moments. Cillian Lordan beckons.
George O’Callaghan: 6. Good flashes, and linked reasonably well with Fenn and Kearney.
Liam Kearney: 8. something good developed from most of his touches. Unlucky that his goalbound header was saved brilliantly. City’s only real penetration.
Billy Woods: 6. Invisible for the first 20 minutes, a good evening’s work after that. Set up Fenn for a perfectly legit goal. The linesman should be sponsored by SpecSavers.
Joe Gamble: 5. Looked busy but too many of his passes went to Bray boots.
Neale Fenn: 5. Did well to keep the ball on the ground, but rusty after the break. Not as sharp as he could be.
Denis Behan: 6. Dominated completely by Wes Charles in the air, and intimidated by him when receiving passes. Some of the offside calls against him in the second half were ridiculous. Took his goal well.
Subs for Fenn, Kearney and Gamble:
Shane Long: 8. Every touch good. Great pace.
Greg O’Halloran: 8. Every ounce of this player is filled with 100% effort and hard work.
Roy O’Donovan: ? If he touched the ball in the few minutes that he was on, I did not see it.
Manager
Rico had bad luck in that he was missing his first choice strikers, and his back four were plain awful. The loss of points tonight may cost him dearly.

thecorner
25/03/2005, 10:51 PM
Cork City 1-1 Bray Wanderers
Devine
Hoggie Benno Murray (c) Murphy
Woods Georgie Gamble Kearney
Behan Fenn
Denis Behan 37 minutes. Stephen Fox: 79 minutes.
Michael Devine: 4. Poor communication with his back four, was lucky to keep it to one. Could be that he was out of position for the goal.
Danny Murphy: 4. Solid in the first half, headed away a certain goal. Lost his way in the second.
Dan Murray: 2. Groan. Derek Coughlan will be drafted into the side in quick time if this continues.
Neal Horgan: 3. Erratic.
Alan Bennett: 3. Few good moments. Cillian Lordan beckons.
George O’Callaghan: 6. Good flashes, and linked reasonably well with Fenn and Kearney.
Liam Kearney: 8. something good developed from most of his touches. Unlucky that his goalbound header was saved brilliantly. City’s only real penetration.
Billy Woods: 6. Invisible for the first 20 minutes, a good evening’s work after that. Set up Fenn for a perfectly legit goal. The linesman should be sponsored by SpecSavers.
Joe Gamble: 5. Looked busy but too many of his passes went to Bray boots.
Neale Fenn: 5. Did well to keep the ball on the ground, but rusty after the break. Not as sharp as he could be.
Denis Behan: 6. Dominated completely by Wes Charles in the air, and intimidated by him when receiving passes. Some of the offside calls against him in the second half were ridiculous. Took his goal well.
Subs for Fenn, Kearney and Gamble:
Shane Long: 8. Every touch good. Great pace.
Greg O’Halloran: 8. Every ounce of this player is filled with 100% effort and hard work.
Roy O’Donovan: ? If he touched the ball in the few minutes that he was on, I did not see it.
Manager
Rico had bad luck in that he was missing his first choice strikers, and his back four were plain awful. The loss of points tonight may cost him dearly.

think we have a new counting crow for updates :D

adamd164
26/03/2005, 8:23 AM
Now we can sit back and say should we have postponed the game like Longford?

KR's Post
26/03/2005, 9:22 AM
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Excuses, excuses!!!!

Cityfeen
26/03/2005, 11:51 AM
Biys we drew like its not very bad.$hel$ drew with ucd last week.Promoted teams are always going to be hard to beat.Rico had City playing the best football ive seen in ages in the 1st half.we fell apart second half but he'll get it right.JUST SUPPORT HIM STOP THE BOOS!! :mad:

thecorner
26/03/2005, 11:56 AM
Biys we drew like its not very bad

no its not :rolleyes:

max power
26/03/2005, 12:09 PM
dan murray......what can i say..........bring back deccie daly
dan must be th worst player ive ever seen in the cross and ive seen a lot of woeful players out there

rico..........get out of the donie ford stand and get onto the bench....u obvious;y havent seen how well kearney and gamble were playing tonite from up there

ONLY ADDED FUEL FOR THE FANS THAT WANT DOLAN BACK

hey corner, whats it like to win a game ???

are feelings down there really that bad at the moment re rico ????

Éanna
26/03/2005, 12:42 PM
subsitutions were strange alright, and Dan Murray was very very poor. I'm totally ****ed off by that, we just switched off in the second half.

jmc105
26/03/2005, 1:12 PM
very disappointing result. city played well in the first half, could easily have been 2 or 3 up by half-time, but the second half performance was the complete opposite. no real pattern to the play, no urgency - and not enough time to respond to the bray goal. thought the boos were a bit unfair, especially given that it was only the second game of the season, and the manager's first home game...

as for the subs, i was surprised to see gamble go off, but kearney was a doubt anyway with his hand, and fenn had made little impact in the second half. how anyone could give greg 8/10 for his cameo appearance, which involved basically giving the ball away and a ridiculous shot from 35 yards, is beyond me. yes, the guy gives 100%, but he's just not up to it as a midfielder.

monday's game could be very important now in terms of confidence - which must be low after last night's result and the reaction of some the crowd...

Stevo Da Gull
26/03/2005, 1:13 PM
City played some decent passing football. Bray just hoofed it. Yes it appeared to be a penalty and also, the decision to disallow a perfectly good goal????but the less said about the refs performance the better.

Obviously missing our 2 main scorers was a massive blow but surely it wasnt the worst game you've ever seen!!

Sorry mate but I could I ask for a bitto credit for the Wanderers :mad: , the way Bray played worked, and I thought that at times we tried to play some nice football (which I would'nt recomend on that pitch, it was a pretty poor surface). I allso don't think the Cork fans helped (and no I aint tryin to pick a fight) the loudest the home crowd got all night is when they were booing their own team at 1-1 while Bray were keeping Cork pinned in their Own Half.

I was in no position the judge the offside or the peno, I might talk more aout them after I see the highlights on ELWeekly.

Just my opinion.
On a better note it was brill to see such a big crowd, RTE have it at 7000, congrats :) .

SSS
26/03/2005, 3:48 PM
Dan Murray was back to his worst last night but most of the team went there with him in the second half.
Behan took his goal well but other than that did nothing positive and really has to learn how to stay onside. Fenn, as was the case last year, has great touches and is now working hard enough but will not get in the team when the full squad is fit.
Personally I'd have Greg in at left back and have Dan replaced as soon as possible (by Derek I suppose. Lesser of two evils).

City played incredible stuff for the first half hour but after the goal took they foot off - not for the first time. What disappointed me was that having watched the great passing play and seeing our wingers pop up on either side, Rico gave instructions to get back to a more rigid interpretation of 4-4-2 as soon as the goal was scored ( that's how interpreted his signals from the sideline anyway). This, coupled with the players thinking they had the game won, meant the second half was brutal. I remember watching the players just before 2nd half kick off and they were all smiles etc - mentally they should have been looking to bury Bray.

Troy.McClure
26/03/2005, 7:10 PM
Good first half, cr@p 2nd half:

City v Bray
England v N Ire
Isreal v Ireland

Maybe its something to do with Easter?

Dan was actually playing really well I thought, but then the ref blew for halt time. Something just happened to Bennet in the 2nd half too, he could barely stand up propperly.

I was sitting about 30 yards out from the St Annes goal in the Donnie Ford and must say that 1) The Bray keeper made proabaly the best save Ive ever seen live! I was celibrating and then realised that it had been saved and 2) their goal was a great strike, not much Devine could have done.

Personally, I think that the back 4, with the possible exception of Hoggie have a lot to answer for, especially for hoofing the ball over our midfield so much, but also for trying to glory the ball out of defence on their own a lot too (Murphy and Murray). It was only a poor 45 min spell, but they really made a hash of things :o

A face
26/03/2005, 11:38 PM

SpecSavers couldnt do anything for the man. The linesman was on his arse 2-3 seconds before the flag went up .... he didn't see it, he could have seen it properly at least. He put up the flag to cover himself. I dont if it was off side or not though .... i was up towards the halfway line.

kevincronin2000
27/03/2005, 12:22 AM
It depends from a playing point of view especcially with O'Flynn out it may have been a good idea to postpone it.
But being good friday you were always going to have a much larger crowd than you would have had some tuesday night during the season.

money versus 3 points??

niamh
27/03/2005, 10:34 AM
I thought we started the game very well tbh. It went very flat from the middle of the first half and City only upted the tempo again after Bray equalised. City are like Ireland - attack is the best form of defence. How many people were not picturing late equalisers? Admit it!
There were a lot of poor performances, and not just at the back. Where did Fenn disappear to in the second half?
I did think that the subs were surprising, but waaaay too late to be effective regardless. I read Rico in the paper this morning saying that Doyler should be back for the Shels game but not O'Flynn, once leaves either Behan or Fenn up front again. :(

colblimp
27/03/2005, 10:47 AM
How the hell can FPB say that Longs every touch was good? The first time he touched the ball he gave it away to Bray. Some wonder boy :rolleyes:

adamd164
27/03/2005, 11:01 AM
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Excuses, excuses!!!!
What excuse did I make?? :confused:

All I asked was - looking back - 'should we have postponed it?'

Cr@p second half
City v Bray
England v N Ire
Isreal v Ireland

Maybe its something to do with Easter?

Why was the N. Ire V Eng second half bad? It doesn't bother me at all that England won and is in no way connected with City!

Are you from Northern Ireland or something? Why was it so terrible to see them lose (unless you wanted England to lose for pathetic, bigoted reasons) ???

Fair_play_boy
28/03/2005, 12:02 PM
Taking down my sig that read CCFC's Proud Record
Dub 0-1 S23
1-0 Sham O1
2-0 Long O11
Wat 1-4 O15
Long 1-2 O19
3-0 SPA O22
D'ry 0-1 O26
Shel 0-0 O29
1-1 D'ry N5
3-2 Drog N8
Drog 1-3 N12
1-1 Bohs N19
Harps 0-2 M19

Time for a new proud record to be started.

colblimp
28/03/2005, 1:13 PM
Dub 0-1 S23
1-0 Sham O1
2-0 Long O11
Wat 1-4 O15
Long 1-2 O19
3-0 SPA O22
D'ry 0-1 O26
Shel 0-0 O29
1-1 D'ry N5
3-2 Drog N8
Drog 1-3 N12
1-1 Bohs N19
Harps 0-2 M19

Hopefully you will be able to do a new sig. after tonights game when we beat $h€£$. :D

De Town
28/03/2005, 2:23 PM
Dub 0-1 S23
1-0 Sham O1
2-0 Long O11
Wat 1-4 O15
Long 1-2 O19
3-0 SPA O22
D'ry 0-1 O26
Shel 0-0 O29
1-1 D'ry N5
3-2 Drog N8
Drog 1-3 N12
1-1 Bohs N19
Harps 0-2 M19

You can start a new run tonight but it shall be ended by Thurday night ;) :D

Stevo Da Gull
29/03/2005, 1:34 AM
Dub 0-1 S23
1-0 Sham O1
2-0 Long O11
Wat 1-4 O15
Long 1-2 O19
3-0 SPA O22
D'ry 0-1 O26
Shel 0-0 O29
1-1 D'ry N5
3-2 Drog N8
Drog 1-3 N12
1-1 Bohs N19
Harps 0-2 M19

But you did'nt lose to Bray :confused: , Cork have still not been defeated. It's nothing to be ashamed of :confused: :confused:

Stevo Da Gull
29/03/2005, 1:38 AM
I was in no position the judge the offside or the peno, I might talk more aout them after I see the highlights on ELWeekly. .

The peno incident was'nt shown and the offside decision's still unclear, the commentator said it was close and that Bray escaped which leans toward saying that on another night the goal would of counted.
Rico's summary placed the blame on his own team. Contrary to Roddy's summary of Rovers game :D , I expect the FAI to take action.

liamon
29/03/2005, 9:36 AM
Penalty or not, we didn't kill them off. Bray are a poor team and we should have hammered them. We played some lovely passing football, controlled the first half and should have more to show for it. I think we really lacked pace up front and that proved crucial.

But we showed that we can pass the ball well and as long as we hang on to Doyle, we'll challenge for trophies.

But we need to sort out the back 4. Hoggy and Benno will be fine. I thought Murphy was poor enough, but it's just one game and we have other options there if changes are needed. But Murray was awful. Truely terrible. And not for the first time either. Time to give Derek a run out with the team. If only to let Dan know his place isn't guaranteed.

adamd164
29/03/2005, 9:39 AM
Rico's summary placed the blame on his own team. Contrary to Roddy's summary of Rovers game :D , I expect the FAI to take action.
Ya I'd say he's in trouble.

pete
29/03/2005, 9:47 AM
Penalty or not, we didn't kill them off. Bray are a poor team and we should have hammered them. We played some lovely passing football, controlled the first half and should have more to show for it. I think we really lacked pace up front and that proved crucial.

Agree. IMO was lack of quality forwards cost us 2 points. Behan & fenn went completely missing in 2nd half.