PDA

View Full Version : I'm not one for moaning but...

Derek
24/03/2005, 10:58 PM
There was noway that was a peno for Sligo tonight.
As for the free kick that led to the Sligo Goal, I give up.
Keeper was in a bad position and not enough in the wall.

Dubs 1 : 1 Sligo

Good first half for the Dubs and shocker for the Second.

Why do we play so many long balls?
Why do we try to defend a 1 goal lead for the entire second half?

I will give some credit as Sligo played well but we should have looked harder for a second to finish them off. We need to perform or we will be stuck here for along time.

blueviking1980
25/03/2005, 12:43 PM
True, but havin said that Der the only thing that's on our side at the mo is time. Only 2 games gone & I think a dung load can happen. The team can improve in a matter of matches beyond recognition.. (hopefuly).

Thought the game was fairly even alot of the time, though Rovers did go forward alot & produced a few more nice passes.

Bren did great with the peno that never was & our defence rooted well in priky moments. Just more work on passing in midfield & on the wings is called for.. but the Viks did well. :cool:

Maynard
25/03/2005, 12:47 PM
Agreed. Brendan's positioning for the goal (NEVER a free by the way-if that ref didn't give it last night, you can assume it wasn't-she gave EVERYTHING else) reminded me of the last minute free he let in against Drogs last season. Seems if they go low to your near corner, he can't stop them...that said he had a pretty great game otherwise.
We have good footballers, we showed that when we passed the ball to feet in the first half, but our aimless approach play in the second half was thoughtless and poor. Sligo were up for it in the 2nd, we weren't, we were good value for our lead at HT therefore we only got what we deserved. Disappointing and we'll need to improve...

Conor H
25/03/2005, 12:49 PM
What do yee think of him lads he's not the most popular down here doesnt rate us at all yet weve beaten him when he was with derry and kildare looking forward to playing yee on the 9th

G.U.F.C

blueviking1980
25/03/2005, 1:01 PM
Well ya prob wont like him much more wen we stuff ya's 2-0 :D

Maynard
27/03/2005, 5:01 PM
Keely helped us out when we were in need last year and that earned him alot of good will at the club and among the fans. His teams pre-season form was good, and his signings look astute on paper. Therefore I don't think our slow start to the season will cause anyone to turn on him. Seems like an honest guy with an honest approach, and he'll be given time.