24/03/2005, 1:24 PM
www.overheardindublin.com

Eire06
24/03/2005, 1:39 PM
LMAO
:D :D

Best two are

Gay (Wexford) Pride

Wexford are playing in croke park, fans waving purple and yellow flags. 2 American tourists talking

American1: "I wonder whats with all the purple and yellow parade"

American2: "I think its gay pride"

and

Romance is not dead

Very sloshed young woman on bus to even more sloshed fella: "But do you love me?"

fella: "I ride ya don't I?"

Glapots
24/03/2005, 1:50 PM
www.overheardindublin.com

Good idea for a website - there's loads of stories I can add to this, just can't remember off the top of my head :)

Glapots
24/03/2005, 2:02 PM
Mind-boggling

Naoibh: "Hello, I just found this phone on the bus, and your number is in the memory under Mam, it must be your son or daughters."

Woman on phone: "Oh that's great, it must be Steven's thanks so much, I'll get him to ring you."

Naoibh: "Ok, thanks."

(.........1 minute later the phone rings)

Naoibh: "Hello?"

Woman on phone: "Steven, they're after finding your phone!!"

--13A bus :D

dahamsta
24/03/2005, 2:47 PM
Mind-bogglingClass. Absolute class.

De Town
24/03/2005, 2:50 PM
Are you sure that's what you want...?

Customer comes into a photolab in the square and puts a battery on the counter. She says nothing and looks at the shop assistant.

Assistant: "So do you want a new one of them?"
Customer says nothing and looks confused.
Assistant (putting a new battery on the counter): "That'll be 9.99 please."
Customer still looking confused: "Whas dat for?"
Assistant pointing at the old battery: "It's a replacement for that"
Customer: "I don't want ona dem."
Assistant: "Well what do you want?"
Customer pointing at the old battery: "I want ya to develop dat..."

:D :rolleyes: :D

Glapots
24/03/2005, 2:51 PM
if they are true they are funny enough, howver lads some of them are taken out of complete context so in full dialogue they may not appear that funny at all at all.

infact I'd say the opposite, I say in full dialogue they're funnier!

Roo69
04/04/2005, 8:07 AM
Dublin (http://www.overheardindublin.com/). This should keep you going for a while. The 2nd one is classic, so typical of a Boez fan :D

noby
04/04/2005, 8:44 AM
Overlooked in foot.ie (http://foot.ie/showthread.php?t=23343)

Roo69
04/04/2005, 9:45 AM
Overlooked in foot.ie (http://foot.ie/showthread.php?t=23343)

Ah sure not to worry, no harm done. Don't know how i did'nt spot that post, i'm bloody never off foot !

Troy.McClure
04/04/2005, 6:49 PM
Ireland 1 England 0

I was in south of france interrailing with a mate of mine about a week after Princess Diana died. The day of her funeral we were walking past the TV room of the campsite we were staying in. The room was packed with british people watching the funeral on the tv. They were all sniffling and crying into tissues. My mate sticks his head in the door and says "whats the score ?"
:o :D

And Rovers get a mention too

I was out with a mate having a few pints last winter when we decided to step outside for a smoke. My friend went on to tell me about his next door neighbour who had recently recieved a claim for an accident and decided to build a gazebo in his back yard. My freind went on to complain about this bloke having had a few late night partys since the thing was put up, since it was the dead of winter. When out the door stumbled a drunken punter in a Shamrock Rovers jersey.

My Freind: "I haven't a clue what yer man is thinking with his gazebo out the back in this weather. It's freezing, it's wet and there's mud all over the place out there. His back year is tiny as well. It's ridiculous having a gazebo put in when you're living in Dublin, especially at this time of the year."

Rovers Fan: (incoherently) "Yer to bleedin right mate, the weather over here doesnt suit them at all. What interest have they in being wet and cold all there here for is the money fer f**k sake"

My Freind: "Eh, yeah nice one mate, keep moving there, out you go"

Rovers Fan: (walking away ranting to himself) "Gazebo me arse, all the gazebo's should **** off back to Gazebia where they belong"