PDA

View Full Version : Moderator Wanted

dahamsta
24/03/2005, 12:06 PM
A mod is needed for this forum, nominations welcome. Self-nominations are not acceptable; self-nominations via dupe accounts will result in bans. The final decision will be made by the existing Foot.ie moderators.

adam

dahamsta
24/03/2005, 12:10 PM
Two seconds after I post this, a Galway fan nominates themself for the position! :rolleyes:

adam

Eire06
24/03/2005, 12:12 PM
GalwayGirl or GalwayFrancis would get my vote :D
if any of them are up to athe challenge.. were a rowdy bunch you know :D

Oh glad to see you finally binned that sligo rovers crap that was posted here was about to PM you after I read what you said in the sligo rovers thread :D

Conor H
24/03/2005, 12:14 PM
Patrick dunne or galwaygirl for me

Terry
24/03/2005, 12:17 PM
GalwayFrancis

Roo69
24/03/2005, 12:25 PM
Eire06, GalwayGirl or GalwayFrancis would be a good choice i reckon

adamcarr
24/03/2005, 12:34 PM
Id go for GalwayFrancis!

De Town
24/03/2005, 12:36 PM
Id go for GalwayFrancis!
I'd second that :)

TheLedge
24/03/2005, 1:01 PM
GalwayFrancis, GalwayGirl, Terry, or Patrick Dunne.

It has to be one of these I reckon.

galwaygirl
24/03/2005, 1:20 PM
GalwayFrancis

I'd second that :)

I'll third it :D
thanks for all the nominations tho ;)

GalwayFrancis
24/03/2005, 3:53 PM
i'd nominate Patrick Dunne, "man with the info"

galwaygirl
24/03/2005, 4:30 PM
i'd nominate Patrick Dunne, "man with the info"

Well GalwayFrancis if you don't fancy it, I'll second Patrick Dunne for you ;)

De Town
24/03/2005, 4:35 PM
Well GalwayFrancis if you don't fancy it, I'll second Patrick Dunne for you ;)
Well he cant nominate himself!

sligoman
24/03/2005, 5:05 PM
Not sure if I'm meant to nominate for this but I seen other(non Galway) fans do it so I'll nominate galwaygirl because she seems to be the only United fan who does'nt troll or annoy other supporters ;)

GalwayFrancis
24/03/2005, 5:59 PM
i wasnt turning down the job but as DE TOWN said but i cant nominate myself...i'd take it if i was given it...

Patrick Dunne
29/03/2005, 12:57 AM
.. thankfully, we need a moderator, as this forum has become busy. I lack the maturity and cop-on for this task, so even if I could nominate myself for it, I wouldn't.

The behaviour of some members in publicly naming other posters is childish and stupid, and goes against the ethos of sites like these. I have seen three GUFC posters on this forum use these tactics. I know the identity of practically all the regular posters here, yet I would never dream of naming them.

Also, we need a moderator to create "stickys", as there is a stream of information being posted re: games, buses, tickets, meetings, and draws.
Mostly by myself !

I would nominate either Eire06, galwaygirl or Terry.

Or how about Sligoman ? For a hun, he's not the worst.

sligoman
29/03/2005, 5:15 AM
Or how about Sligoman ? For a hun, he's not the worst.

Thanks for the nomination but I'm fairly sure you have to be a supporter of the club. And also thanks for the complement :D A hun ha :D ? Never been called that before.Good Luck to ya! ;)

Da Real Rover
29/03/2005, 6:37 PM
Or how about Sligoman ? For a hun, he's not the worst.Just a question there Patrick how is Sligoman a hun???

dahamsta
29/03/2005, 7:52 PM
Ok, now the nominees can accept or decline the nominations. Here's my list, excluding Patrick Dunne who's already declined:

GalwayGirl
GalwayFrancis
Eire06
Terry
If you accept the nomination, post and let us know. If I made any boo-boos, let me know.

adam

GalwayFrancis
29/03/2005, 9:08 PM
Ok, now the nominees can accept or decline the nominations. Here's my list, excluding Patrick Dunne who's already declined:

GalwayGirl
GalwayFrancis
Eire06
Terry
If you accept the nomination, post and let us know. If I made any boo-boos, let me know.

adam

ill accept it....

galwaygirl
30/03/2005, 8:30 AM
....now the nominees can accept or decline the nominations.

I'm sorry lads & lassies, but i'm gonna have to decline :o

Terry
30/03/2005, 9:33 AM
I am interested in the job myself, but I will also decline as GalwayFrancis is prefect for the job.

Eire06
30/03/2005, 9:38 AM
I'm declining too :(
GalwayFrances or Terry seem to always be in the know of the 'inside' dealings of GUFC so they are much better suited than me fein :D

galwaygirl
30/03/2005, 9:43 AM
Terry, to be honest i didnt think you'd want the job, That's the only reason i didnt nominate you earlier. :eek:
Please dont decline, yourself & francis should fight it out :D

Adam, any chance of a poll for this :rolleyes:

dahamsta
30/03/2005, 11:15 AM
No polls, they're too easily manipulated. GalwayFrancis and Terry are the mods.

adam

Eire06
30/03/2005, 1:49 PM
Congrats Terry and GalwayFrancis
Don't let the power go to your heads now :D

galwaygirl
30/03/2005, 2:27 PM
Congrats Terry and GalwayFrancis
ya, well done to ye

Don't let the power go to your heads now :D
I think it's too late Eire06, Terry's making big changes already :eek:
All for the better of course Terry :D ;) :D

Terry
30/03/2005, 2:37 PM
ya, well done to ye

I think it's too late Eire06, Terry's making big changes already :eek:
All for the better of course Terry

Hey! Less of the slander or yer both bard!!!!! :D ;) :D

Seriously though, the place needed a bit of tidying up! and a few favours needed to be done for the famous Paddy Dunne and his vast knowledge of info for the supporters of our MORE THAN huge club.

Eire06
30/03/2005, 2:39 PM
Look Terry you just remember who really pulls the strings around here :D
Your just the pretty face for show.. GalwayGirl and myself are the brains behind the business. so don't be gettin to cockey, your easily replaced :D :D

dahamsta
30/03/2005, 2:41 PM
No medieval poets/singers (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bard) on Foot.ie!

Terry
30/03/2005, 2:47 PM
No medieval poets/singers (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bard) on Foot.ie!

Pity, the gang on the bus can come up with some top notch stuff after there bi-weekly dose of Micky Finn! :)

Conor H
30/03/2005, 6:31 PM
well done to the 2 of yee,fair play

sligoman
03/04/2005, 2:55 PM
Just a question there Patrick how is Sligoman a hun???

Yeah Patrick. How am I a hun? :D

Patrick Dunne
03/04/2005, 3:35 PM
. a term of endearment used by Galway United supporters by those who support Sligo Rovers. The Oxford dictionary defines "Hun" as : " a friendly, happy go-lucky character who is also modest and self-effacing. Never resorts to acts of violence when publicly humiliated in his home patch. Would never be prone to bouts of exaggeration in order to boost his (mostly his) ego".

Examples of use of the word "Hun" :

"Thats a lovely UVF flag those Huns have. Isn't it very colourful ?"
"The Huns website says that there was 2,000 people at the match. I'd say that there was way more, possibly 7,000. Its just that the camera didn't pick up that they were all in the main stand"
"Thanks for that punch, you Hun. By the way, thats a lovely tracksuit you are wearing"
"What do you mean that Sligo Rovers dont have enough numbers to run a bus
to Galway ? Thats a lie. Everyone knows that the Huns took 200 to Tolka on a Thursday night"
"Those Huns improved the air conditioning on our buses. Fair play to them"
"The Huns have massive floodlights"

and my favourite :

"Get off the pitch, Gorman, you Hun !"

One hopes this clarifies the situation satisfactorily.

PD.

sligoman
03/04/2005, 3:50 PM
One hopes this clarifies the situation satisfactorily.

Yes, thank you so much. I had thought that's what you were going to say alright.

By the way, here's another example: The Huns defeated Galway United 2-0 in Terryland Park on Tuesday the 5th of April. :D :D

Conor H
03/04/2005, 6:38 PM
Stay in your own forum sligoman !

sligoman
03/04/2005, 9:16 PM
Stay in your own forum sligoman !

First of all Conor, you above anyone have no right to tell anyone to stay in their forum because you were the very one who was alway's trolling in our forum.

Second of all, I am only joking here, I am not taking anything serious from Patrick, (hence the :D :D )

And Thirdly, Patrick Dunne called me a hun so I wanted to know why.

That OK Conor?

Patrick Dunne
04/04/2005, 12:00 AM
has every right to post in this forum, as under the Constitution, free speech is guaranteed to everyone, even Huns ! :D

We are not a fascist state, unfortunately.

Banter and slagging between both sides is welcome. If we are humiliated 5-0 in Terryland next Tuesday, then we have to take it. Vice versa applies of course. Conor H and Vinny, you are both good lads. Please be secure in the knowledge that GUFC are massive. Dont mock the afflicted.

Conor H
04/04/2005, 6:55 PM
Well said patrick dunne