PDA

View Full Version : Snowpatrol

noby
24/03/2005, 10:13 AM
Now that they've sacked the bassist, is this where thay start to implode?

sadloserkid
24/03/2005, 11:01 AM
Now that they've sacked the bassist, is this where thay start to implode?

No, it's just where they become 'The Gary Lightbody' project. From where I stand, it's pretty clear what happened.

Mark (Bass): Er, guys, this being really, really famous lark is all well and good I suppose but is there any chance we can go back to writing brilliant, slightly left of centre stuff like we used to?

Gary (Vocals/Guitar): What are you talking about? I don't need underground credibility anymore Mark, I'm a star now. I'm like a cuter Chris Martin or Fran Healy with charisma.

Mark (Bass): Look Gary, I'm not saying that 'Final Straw' was bad, it wasn't. In fact in places it was very, very good (especially 'Run' and track 3 whose name temporarily escapes me). But are we ever going to write another 'An Olive Grove Facing The Sea' or 'Never Gonna Fall In Love'?

Gary (Vocals/Guitar): Mark, you're the bass player, I think I know a little bit more about what people want than you do!

Mark (Bass): Gary, please listen to me, you're never going to bag a celebrity girlfriend. You still appear way too vulnerable. Besides Charlotte Church is with that rugby lad now anyway and the girl from 'My Parents Are Aliens' has no respect for you now that you've gotten so mainstream.

Gary (Vocals/Guitar): You are so fired.