PDA

View Full Version : germany

Éanna
14/02/2002, 12:16 PM
germany put 7 past israel last night after going 1-0 down. no easy feat, we should be a bit more cautious of them than we were perhaps. some very good finishes. israel were poor, but still.......

pete
14/02/2002, 1:11 PM
I doubt there were any tabloid heading Israel being thrashed/murdered/beaten by Germany.

:eek:

Sure didn't Israel lose 5-0 to Turkey in the playoffs too & barely drew with 1/2 the Austria team who wouldn't travel to Tel Aviv before that?

Schumi
14/02/2002, 2:26 PM
It was Austria who lost to Turkey in the play-offs I think.

pete
14/02/2002, 2:45 PM
Originally posted by Schumi
It was Austria who lost to Turkey in the play-offs I think.

Oh yeah.

Think Austria trashed Israel & then got trashed themselves by turkey?

or maybe not.

SÓC
14/02/2002, 4:15 PM
naw Austria need to draw their last game in Israel. They were 1-0 down in the 95th minute when they got a questionable free kick.

It was a Derek Coughlan special, one of the toe bogs that hit the wall excpet that it went right through the wall as if it wasn't there and Israel were out.

I Wonder how good the post Tony Polster Austrians really are???

ccfcman
23/02/2002, 7:26 PM
ausria be on par with greece,finland.turkey

City Fan
26/02/2002, 2:39 PM
Sure,any 7-1 win is to be welcomed no matter who the opposition,but aren't Germany an overrated bunch of average international players at the end of the day,expecting to win the World Cup without having any realistic chance whatsoever? After all,we came through a group containing two of the best teams in the world in Holland and Portugal.Besides,that result was achieved in a FRIENDLY,the World Cup will be totally different (much better quality of opposition etc.).

Totally agree with you regarding 'Murphy Out',our club needs and deserves a manager who knows something about football and doesn't insult the fans via the media either.
Oh,and a few trophies wouldn't go astray either.

ccfcman
09/03/2002, 1:12 PM
brazil beat them 6-1 recently