PDA

View Full Version : Supporters?

Red Soldier
23/03/2005, 1:50 PM
Just wondering why as a Dublin club with a large population of possible supporters you have so few!Why dont ye just support one of the decent dublin teams,i recommend shelbourne. :D

blueviking1980
23/03/2005, 2:15 PM
Well the club was founded in 2001 which means the supporters who wanted to support a Dublin club back in the day went to the likes of Shels, Rovers, Bohs etc. so a few of the fans we have support Vikings from scratch. I for one was a Leicester fan for a number of years & ditched them in 0ct '04 to put my cause into my own team that I have a pure & solid connection with & which best suited me at that initial time which was Dublin City. I personaly dont belive in supporting a string of clubs. In general how can your heart be in it to give each team the true support? I've no regrets & win lose or draw I now feel Im a genuine supporter of the team that's in my blood. :)

Derek
23/03/2005, 6:30 PM
The Problem Red with your attempt at causing trouble is this.

Sligo Rovers are how old and you have how many fans?
I would suggest to you that Rovers have reached their limit :p

Dublin City are young club that have a massive potential for future support, "Why dont ye just support one of the decent dublin teams,i recommend" Dublin City as we will grow from strength to strength.

Mark my words, it is the rest of the Eircom league who should watch out and maybe join a new team who do not have the baggage of years of going nowhere fast, just wait and see hows things shape up in the years to come. If our chairman can acccomplish what he has in a few short years with the "no suppoort" you speak of then imagine what will happen when we get the support and the money that support brings with it.... watch this space.

Conor H
23/03/2005, 9:01 PM
Since when did yee bring travelling fans anywhere :ball:

sligoman
24/03/2005, 1:30 AM
Since when did yee bring travelling fans anywhere :ball:

Fair enough posting in Galway or Sligo forum but I mean you are just taking the ****, you posted crap like this in the Kildare County forum, and now Dublin City forum. I cant see you lasting too long on Foot.ie if you continue to troll like this.

BTW, to answer your original question, since 1928, And we should also have a good following for the victory against you guys on the 6th of April as their is a bus going organised by the supporters trust.

Ringo
24/03/2005, 7:31 AM
country teams have a good following at Dublin games , because there's usually a large number from the teams heartland , living in Dublin. we're ayoung club and have done well for 4 years in existance.

blueviking1980
24/03/2005, 7:45 AM
It's all true... DCFC have devastatin potential at poppin the big time. Ya just have to look at the name alone & do the math... "YOUNG, FLUNG & ON A RUN!" :cool:

Éanna
24/03/2005, 1:56 PM
country teams
so what country is dublin in then :rolleyes:

blueviking1980
24/03/2005, 2:03 PM
Tis 'Capital Country'... ;)

Gerrit
09/04/2005, 10:11 PM
I hope you make work of an own stadium as well. Why not Whitehall in fact for First Division ? It's big enough for 1st Div whereas I can imagine Tolka looking very empty with the average crowd in that league. Not that you're not welcome at our ground or so, I was just wondering why you don't want to play at Whitehall anymore...

Ringo
10/04/2005, 7:54 AM
I hope you make work of an own stadium as well. Why not Whitehall in fact for First Division ? It's big enough for 1st Div whereas I can imagine Tolka looking very empty with the average crowd in that league. Not that you're not welcome at our ground or so, I was just wondering why you don't want to play at Whitehall anymore...

I persume your trolling. Shels as champions have Fcuk all support & it seems to be getting less & less, you wouldn't fill Home Farm yourselves :cool: . Your lost in Tolka yourselves.If you knew anything about football, you'd know that Under the UEFA licencing system whitehall won't pass for any division.

Ringo
10/04/2005, 7:55 AM
so what country is dublin in then :rolleyes:
sorry , culchie teams ;)

Gerrit
10/04/2005, 2:31 PM
I persume your trolling. Shels as champions have Fcuk all support & it seems to be getting less & less, you wouldn't fill Home Farm yourselves :cool: . Your lost in Tolka yourselves.If you knew anything about football, you'd know that Under the UEFA licencing system whitehall won't pass for any division.

Didn't know that.

about Shels: last season our "away" game vs Dublin City was a home game in disguise. We had several hundreds of fans and DCFC had, what, hundred ?? Maybe slightly more, but we had the majority of the crowd and the few DCFC fans didn't make any atmosphere.

Ringo
10/04/2005, 7:09 PM
Didn't know that.

about Shels: last season our "away" game vs Dublin City was a home game in disguise. We had several hundreds of fans and DCFC had, what, hundred ?? Maybe slightly more, but we had the majority of the crowd and the few DCFC fans didn't make any atmosphere.

hardly a boast. as Tolka is your home ground :cool:

Gerrit
10/04/2005, 7:44 PM
Well, yours as well last season and this season, so no excuses :D

Ringo
10/04/2005, 8:46 PM
Well, yours as well last season and this season, so no excuses :D

i think you'll find its not ours anymore, thank god

blueviking1980
23/04/2005, 12:54 PM
Yeh ya's dont have it that sweet... if Tolka was any bigger Shels & their fans would want a club crisis meetin. As for Whitehall man... it really aint fit for a mutt to crap on I belive.. :(