PDA

View Full Version : hoops no more

green army
23/03/2005, 12:56 PM
i dont know if this is posted in the right area.was just in a sports shop in the dundrum shopping center at lunch time. they are selling pats and rovers home jersies. what struck me was that the rovers jersey is not actually hooped.the green stops around the sides but dont actually join together. how do rovers fans feel about this. no home and now no hoops???? :p

pineapple stu
23/03/2005, 12:58 PM
Celtic did this a couple of years ago and there was outrage among their fans... Maybe Rovers' jerseys are just cast-offs? :p

Passive
23/03/2005, 1:16 PM
Don't think any cares, to be honest. I've never been hung up on things like that. Some people complained that our league winning jersey of '94 wasn't properly hooped because it had a tiny white stripe running diagonally through it. Likewise, the jersey of '96 was "controversial" because the hoops were bigger than normal.
I love the new jersey for one reason: it doesn't look like Celtic's. I know other Rovers fans feel the same. It's hooped at the front, hooped at the back, who cares that they don't join up under the arms.

BohDiddley
23/03/2005, 1:18 PM
Does that make it a sham hoop or a hoop sham? :D

Buller
23/03/2005, 3:18 PM
oh really funny, ill be laughing all night... :o How did you ever come up with such genius?!

A face
23/03/2005, 3:19 PM
I think they are being given the right run around !! :eek: :p

I'll get my coat !!

Troy.McClure
23/03/2005, 10:29 PM
I love the new jersey for one reason: it doesn't look like Celtic's.

Yes and no.

As an overall jursy its a bit more different, but whats with the star? Have ye won the champions league/world cup or something?

adamcarr
23/03/2005, 10:38 PM
Yes and no.

As an overall jursy its a bit more different, but whats with the star? Have ye won the champions league/world cup or something?
If ya win ten domestic league titles, yu can put a star on your shirt!

De Town
23/03/2005, 10:42 PM
I like the new Rovers shirt. Its better off when it isn't Celtics shirt with a Rovers crest and sponser on it.

adamcarr
23/03/2005, 10:45 PM
I like the new Rovers shirt. Its better off when it isn't Celtics shirt with a Rovers crest and sponser on it.
Its class alright. Best looking one in the league IMO!

De Town
23/03/2005, 10:46 PM
Its class alright. Best looking one in the league IMO!
Bray's shirt is nice aswell though :cool:

adamcarr
23/03/2005, 10:47 PM
Bray's shirt is nice aswell though :cool:
Yeah with the adidas and all!

De Town
23/03/2005, 10:49 PM
Yeah with the adidas and all!
I kno, how did they swing that one I wonder :confused:

Wahheerrrrrrrfffuuuurrrr had Nike last year but it's diadora I think this year.

adamcarr
23/03/2005, 10:54 PM
I kno, how did they swing that one I wonder :confused:

Wahheerrrrrrrfffuuuurrrr had Nike last year but it's diadora I think this year.
Im sure its still Nike! THey produced this seasons jersey last season and it was Nike!

De Town
23/03/2005, 10:57 PM
Im sure its still Nike! THey produced this seasons jersey last season and it was Nike!
Well, maybe I'm blind but I thought it was Diadora last Saturday night :confused:

Im probably imagining things again :D :D :D

adamcarr
23/03/2005, 11:01 PM
Well, maybe I'm blind but I thought it was Diadora last Saturday night :confused:

Im probably imagining things again :D :D :D
No you were right! Sorry! :o

See Here (http://btid.irishfootie.net/viewtopic.php?t=1960)

De Town
23/03/2005, 11:03 PM
No you were right! Sorry! :o

See Here (http://btid.irishfootie.net/viewtopic.php?t=1960)
oh, its great to be right :D

First for everything I suppose :o

Passive
24/03/2005, 9:26 AM
Yes and no.

Yeah, it's to mark the fact that we've won over ten leagues (15 to be precise, just in case anyone needed reminding :p ). Shels have a star too, I think they're on 13 leagues now (very worrying considering they'll only be one behind us by November :( ). People suggested getting silver stars for our cup wins but that never happened (we've won 24 of them by the way, just in case anyone needed reminding. Incidentally, our nearest rival is Dundalk who have won 9. If we hadn't won a cup since 1945 we'd still hold the record for cup wins. Should I go on...? :D )

wws
24/03/2005, 10:09 AM
Yeah, it's to mark the fact that we've won over ten leagues (15 to be precise, just in case anyone needed reminding :p ). Shels have a star too, I think they're on 13 leagues now (very worrying considering they'll only be one behind us by November :( ). People suggested getting silver stars for our cup wins but that never happened (we've won 24 of them by the way, just in case anyone needed reminding. Incidentally, our nearest rival is Dundalk who have won 9. If we hadn't won a cup since 1945 we'd still hold the record for cup wins. Should I go on...? :D )

yes please! I find ancient history fascinating

Hibs4Ever
24/03/2005, 10:12 AM

:D :D :D :D

A face
24/03/2005, 1:18 PM

Yeah, its right up there with the Renaissance, Greek Mythology, etc ,,,,, infact none of their games will be shown on RTE, TnaG, TV3 and Setanta this year. All Rovers fans are being directed to the History channel for continued programming :D :p

Passive
24/03/2005, 3:51 PM
We're just letting you all catch up, it got a bit boring for the first seventy or so years!

Of course, Rovers will be condemned to the History Channel unless action is taken now. It'll still be better than watching Cork natives on National Geographic though ;)