PDA

View Full Version : Team to face Cork

Bray Head
23/03/2005, 10:10 AM
I reckon Foxy will come in for McGrorry as the only change to the starting line up. Gormley on the bench in case we are hanging on in the last 15 mins for a result. He would be usefull to throw on then.

KK77
23/03/2005, 10:47 AM
Can't see Devo going with 4-4-2 reckon he'll play five in midfield with one upfront so i guess it will be Zayed on his own with Foxy dropping into midfield to try and contain Cork then try and jam a goal or at worst 0-0

Roo69
23/03/2005, 10:58 AM
Can't see Devo going with 4-4-2 reckon he'll play five in midfield with one upfront so i guess it will be Zayed on his own with Foxy dropping into midfield to try and contain Cork then try and jam a goal or at worst 0-0

I reckon your right there Rafa. Foxy will defo come into the team for the Cork match with McGrory dropping to the bench. Foxy needs to play in midfield though, will add an extra bit of bit. I'd probably also have McGuinness playing as well.

If everyone was fit I'd go for......

Skippy

Chopper/Giffy
Jody
Weso
Pip

Dunne
Foxy
McGuinness
Daz
Ryaner

Eamon

KR's Post
23/03/2005, 2:34 PM
Skippy

Chopper/Giffy
Jody
Weso
Pip

Dunne
Foxy
McGuinness
Daz
Ryaner

Eamon
Same team, it's gotta be.... Hey Roo!!! No O'Reilly??? No longer whom had a great game. Ah no it's gotta be the same team. No doubt about it. Fox, McGuiness and others to come on if we need it. ;)

KK77
23/03/2005, 4:04 PM
Same team, it's gotta be.... Hey Roo!!! No O'Reilly??? No longer whom had a great game. Ah no it's gotta be the same team. No doubt about it. Fox, McGuiness and others to come on if we need it. ;)

If we were playing Cork at home the same team would have to play though with it being Cork's first home game i reckon we need to stick five in midfield and the one upfront as we need to keep Cork at bay and by playing five in the midfield will not restrict us going forward as Foxy is more than capable of breaking so if we can keep things tight for the first 60 mins we could always change to 4-4-2. No point in shooting ourselves in the foot and being 2-0 by half time remember Cork will have a huge crowd behind them and will come at us early so play to our strengths early on and make life difficult for them

KR's Post
23/03/2005, 5:17 PM
If we were playing Cork at home the same team would have to play though with it being Cork's first home game i reckon we need to stick five in midfield and the one upfront as we need to keep Cork at bay and by playing five in the midfield will not restrict us going forward as Foxy is more than capable of breaking so if we can keep things tight for the first 60 mins we could always change to 4-4-2.
We chopped and changed last year to much which eventually cost us the title..... We have to go with the SAME TEAM as last week. Play Zayed out wide right and McGrory up as a lone striker. Zayed in a Ronaldo role... He's good there. ;)
Skippy

O'Reilly Weso Jody Pip

Longer

Dunne Daz Ryaner

Zayed

McGrory

Roo69
24/03/2005, 7:59 AM
We chopped and changed last year to much which eventually cost us the title..... We have to go with the SAME TEAM as last week. Play Zayed out wide right and McGrory up as a lone striker. Zayed in a Ronaldo role... He's good there. ;)
Skippy

O'Reilly Weso Jody Pip

Longer

Dunne Daz Ryaner

Zayed

McGrory

McGrory has no were near enough experience yet to play as a lone striker especially against a team like Cork, Foxy has to come back into the team

KK77
24/03/2005, 9:16 AM
no matter how good the result was or hwo we played last week we can't leave Foxy out ok if we were Shels or Cork yeah maybe we could but not in our position away to Cork leaving a player like Foxy out is just not possible

cabo2005
25/03/2005, 2:27 PM
Ive stuck money on us so we better win :D

ccfcgirl
25/03/2005, 9:36 PM
A draw isa good result to take away from Turners Cross yer spin home wont be as long

cabo2005
25/03/2005, 9:40 PM
cracking result and now a winnable game next week against ucd

EnDai
25/03/2005, 11:10 PM
Another excellent result! :) :eek: Well done lads.

KR's Post
26/03/2005, 9:31 AM
A draw isa good result to take away from Turners Cross yer spin home wont be as long
Tell me about it. But the spin home is still a nightmare. :eek:

KR's Post
26/03/2005, 9:34 AM
Skippy

O'Reilly Weso Jody Pip

Longer

Dunne Daz Ryaner

Zayed

McGrory

Hers the team that started, was i CORRECT again????? Although foxy did do the damage!!! What a goal :p Has to be a contender for goal of the month :D

centre mid
26/03/2005, 10:10 AM
maybe TV3 will show the Bray game this week - surely they cant ignore 2 good results, maybe they will even have cameras at the U.C.D game !

cant wait to see the goals now :D

Stevo Da Gull
26/03/2005, 1:01 PM
Another excellent result! :) :eek: Well done lads.

Cheers, Now that we've given you a hand in depriving your title rivals of a win Shels should return the favour and thump the bottom clubs when you play them... oh yeah and hand over 3 points to us when we play you ;) ... I believe that there was 1 chant last night that went like this ``Shels are gonna thump yiz`` :D .

Cork have some great players and according to RTE there were 7000 at the game, I was expecting the place to be rocking but the Cork fans were pretty quite but from what I hear there usually better than that. If Rico is up to it I don't think that many teams will take much from the Cross this year but holes seemed to apear in their defence as the game went on, feels like a victory for us so it must feel like defeat for them.... and oh yeah Feed the Fox and he will score :) . what a performance

KR's Post
26/03/2005, 1:31 PM
I believe that there was 1 chant last night that went like this ``Shels are gonna thump yiz`` :D .

Feed the Fox and he will score :) . what a performance
The 2 good songs of the night................ ;)