PDA

View Full Version : Brian Hamilton

Hibs4Ever
23/03/2005, 8:03 AM
Is his commentary getting on anyone elses nerves in this Setanta Cup?
He's too Pro Northie, and doesn't have a CLUE about our league south of the border

Just wanted to moan about it :D

sullanefc
23/03/2005, 8:10 AM
To be honest I thought he was fair enough last night in his commentary. I didn't hear him in the first game as the pub was too noisy. BTW is the other commentator the guy who did the Cork City commentary on Chorus? His voice sounds very familiar.

Gareth
23/03/2005, 8:36 AM
I was at the game last night and so missed out on the commentary but the one for the first game was brutal. If the ball was rolling out of play the commentator was just short of saying its the BEST BALL ROLLING OUT OF PLAY EVER, exclusively live, on Setanta, what a torunament.

Over hyped during the match for no reason. Very annoying.

drummerboy
23/03/2005, 8:44 AM
Althought I thought the coverage was excellent, Hamilton and his co-comentator don't seem to know much about the players on the pitch, or if they do, they were not letting on. I only found out that the guy who scored Ports first 2 goals was an full-international for NI. Apart from the lack of background knowledge of the players, the coverage was excellent.

patsh
23/03/2005, 10:26 AM
Derek Kiely is doing the commentary isn't he?

He does the sports show and commentaries on Chorus.....I wonder will we hear more of Billy Barry on Chorus now?

Aberdonian Stu
23/03/2005, 10:31 AM
They really do hype it up but can you blame them? They're in it to get attention and to boost their product and seeing as it means more live games for us that's hardly a bad thing. It was ridiculous last night though the way the questions for the post match interviews seemed to focus on "How great it is to be in this great tournament on Setanta sports". Was over done.

eirebhoy
23/03/2005, 12:04 PM
The southern fella (the main commentator) was very biased too. How on earth he thought so many passes were great I don't know. Hamilton tried to defend Michael Collins when he went in on Moore but he didn't know the main commentator had read the Ports website to find out he had a very bad temperment. :) It was Hamilton's first time seeing these players and he picked out Baker and Crawley from the start. No matter what Crawley did he was getting slated and Baker was being praised for going in really high and getting booked. :D So its not just bias for his own crowd.

pineapple stu
23/03/2005, 12:27 PM
If the ball was rolling out of play the commentator was just short of saying it's the BEST BALL ROLLING OUT OF PLAY EVER, exclusively live, on Setanta, what a torunament.
Don't think that's Setanta's doing - if you ever watch the highlights of the NI league on Saturdays on BBC, all the commentators go far over the top telling us all what a tremendous match we've had and what brilliant skill was on show, even when it was a 1-0 win with the only goal coming after the keeper fell over the ball and his own defender sliced into his own net trying to clear. They hype it up far too much - very annoying.

TonyD
23/03/2005, 8:36 PM
To be fair, after years of neglect and ignoring the local game from the various TV stations, over hyping is hardly the worst sin in the world. After all, it works for SKY with the English Premier League.