PDA

View Full Version : Cahill rumour gets stronger.....

Pablo
13/02/2002, 1:58 PM
Check this one out...

http://www.redbrick.dcu.ie/~jw/13-2-1.htm

The relegation strugglers part is a bit worrying......

Snatch
13/02/2002, 6:57 PM
We would definately be lingering around the relegation zone if we hadn't Ollie this season. I can't see it being much different next season.

I wonder would Billy Woods return to Cork. Remember we almost signed him last season but couldn't agree terms.

James
13/02/2002, 6:59 PM
yea and the reason for that was the board wouldnt shell out a measly what was 6 or 7K..unbeleivable..

what ye doing with the leceister money and the delaney money eh eh eh ye muppets ye make me sick

Casegrande
13/02/2002, 7:06 PM
Woods is available on a Bosman in the summer.

But,
1. He won't sign for €80 a week which is probably what the Board like to offer players.
2. He'd be mad to leave a prosperous forward moving club like Rovers to come to us (the opposite).

James
13/02/2002, 7:12 PM
exactly..put Casagrande..Ollie leaving City sends out a message to all other clubs and players in paticular..Cork City FC are going downhill, and a player would be mad to join us under the current setup cause they would get run into the ground..in a senior club..with a junior part time mentality..

all we can get are young players that look to make a name here and then move to a propery run professional dublin club..thats if they dont get picked up to go to engaland of course...

yan
14/02/2002, 8:38 AM
we c how ollie plays against shels

pete
14/02/2002, 9:54 AM
Originally posted by Casegrande
Woods is available on a Bosman in the summer.

Incorrect! I have it on good word that theres only 3 shamrrock rovers players out of contract in the summer & billy isn't one of them. He signed a new conytract last summer & you'd have to assume that for 2 or 3 years.

A face
14/02/2002, 8:57 PM
They had to shell out 43 K after a half time meeting last year, pretty expensive half time oranges dont you think. I dont think City has much money after the Leicester money or Delaney. Strapped for cash is what they are me thinks, so splash uot cash probably ain't a good thing. :(

Gary
15/02/2002, 12:48 PM
Yes face, and what does that tell you. The board, while they savd us all those years ago, do not have any foresight (i said sight!). They knew, or at least should have known, that by releasing DM from his contract 18 months too early that they would have to cough up a good severence package. A package that they board should have known they couldnt afford all at the one time.

Now heres a question. What did LM do which is so great that DM wasnt doing already?

ruicosta_genius
15/02/2002, 2:05 PM
i reckon ollie cahill will go to kilmarnock and hes right it s all about the money ££££££££££ i think u r talking about cork city saying murphy ? if so what to u make of conor o grady i hear he is a very good player with an a 1 attitude i have never seen him playing please tell me what are your views

Pablo
18/02/2002, 4:46 PM
Killmarnock? :confused:

ccfcman
19/02/2002, 12:03 PM
woods is based in midelton a move to city would be attractive for him in that respect,however on the football front............ :rolleyes: