View Full Version : Intermediate Cup Semi Final Draw

razor
22/03/2005, 11:04 AM
FAI INTERMEDIATE CUP SEMI FINAL DRAW

Belgrove/Mt.Merrion YMCA v Rockmount
Wayside Celtic v Douglas Hall/Lissadell Utd

Clifford
29/03/2005, 10:32 AM
So Douglas won, who won the other tie between Mount Merrion and Belgrove?

Two excellent semi finals. Don't know if anyone can beat the mount after overcoming a dog rough avondale team, but who knows.

amarach
29/03/2005, 10:36 AM
Think we'll have that all Cork Final afterall lads!!!

I'm sure the Belgrove game is to be played this wkend, correct me if I'm wrong!!!

Thumbs up for Douglas Hall, but don't think they'll beat Rockmount if they both get to the final!!! The Mount are getting tougher every year!!

Clifford
29/03/2005, 11:57 AM
Think we'll have that all Cork Final afterall lads!!!

I'm sure the Belgrove game is to be played this wkend, correct me if I'm wrong!!!

Thumbs up for Douglas Hall, but don't think they'll beat Rockmount if they both get to the final!!! The Mount are getting tougher every year!!

Sound, good win for the Mount over UCC on Sunday, again a dogged determined display. Willie B and Welly are rock solid at the back. Fantastic stuff. Fingers crossed for a repeat of last seasons win and maybe the league is still on.

Anyone got a link to the MSL table? I had one last year, but lost it.

dcnags
30/03/2005, 12:13 AM
From Yesterdays Echo

Team Pld W D L F A Pts
Castleview 16 10 3 3 22 15 33
UCC 15 9 2 4 20 10 29
Avondale 13 8 4 1 32 14 28
Corinthians 17 6 5 6 16 16 23
Ringmahon 17 6 3 8 27 24 21
Midleton 17 7 0 10 22 31 21
rockmount 11 5 5 1 12 4 20
Leeds 15 5 4 6 15 23 19
everton 16 4 5 7 17 18 17
St Marys 13 3 3 7 12 22 12
Douglas Hall 11 2 5 4 7 10 11
Fermoy 15 2 3 10 12 27 9

razor
30/03/2005, 11:18 AM
The Mount are getting tougher every year!!
Don't you mean luckier, a dodgy penalty was the only way Mount were beating the Dale.

Clifford
30/03/2005, 12:49 PM
Don't you mean luckier, a dodgy penalty was the only way Mount were beating the Dale.

Sore neck? You must have from watching all that long ball hoofing that Caulfield instils in his lads. Pity really cos some of them can actually play when it does hit the deck. Rockmount have far superior footballing talent, as was shown in the outcome. Two shockingly stupid handballs, a blind man would have seen em. One got it's just deserts. Deassyyyyyyyyyyyyy....one nil to the champions, one nil to the champions...

Clifford
30/03/2005, 12:52 PM
From Yesterdays Echo

Team Pld W D L F A Pts
Castleview 16 10 3 3 22 15 33
UCC 15 9 2 4 20 10 29
Avondale 13 8 4 1 32 14 28
Corinthians 17 6 5 6 16 16 23
Ringmahon 17 6 3 8 27 24 21
Midleton 17 7 0 10 22 31 21
rockmount 11 5 5 1 12 4 20
Leeds 15 5 4 6 15 23 19
everton 16 4 5 7 17 18 17
St Marys 13 3 3 7 12 22 12
Douglas Hall 11 2 5 4 7 10 11
Fermoy 15 2 3 10 12 27 9

Cheers for that, bit of work needed for the mount, should be an interesting game v the super Dale at Whitechurch. A strong fair ref a la the cup game required again. We'll prob get that Kelly numptie who tried to make a name for himself at Turners Cross on Monday.

drummerboy
30/03/2005, 1:38 PM
The Belgrove v Mount Merrion replay is on tonight in Whitehall, 7.30 kickoff.

Wayside are very strong, especially on their own patch. They have 3 current Amateur Internationals.

Clifford
31/03/2005, 9:53 AM
The Belgrove v Mount Merrion replay is on tonight in Whitehall, 7.30 kickoff.

Wayside are very strong, especially on their own patch. They have 3 current Amateur Internationals.

Any score on this one?

Edit: Just been onto the FAI, they said it was 2-1 to Belgrove, so I suppose Mount Merrion and their money didn't quite get there in the end. A titanic battle in store then between the Rock and the Grove. I'll go for 1-0 to the Mount again and I'll be hoping for a Douglas win in the other semi. It would be great for Cork, but Wayside are indeed very strong.

amarach
02/04/2005, 10:49 AM
Rockmount are and always' have been a strong team, and even with the loss of Alan Martin and Kieran O'Shea, they're proving stronger this year, Avondale, Belgrove, Bluebell whoever it was or to be, the Mount will go out on that pitch and give 100% and that's all any team can do..........remember the FAI Cup last year against Waterford......if any of you saw the game in Waterford, that's when Rockmount showed professionalism and Class, it's all about the team on the day..........and again I have to add that Ref robbed them lol :D

Move with the Times now and let the games begin :p

Clifford
04/04/2005, 11:07 AM
Rockmount are and always' have been a strong team, and even with the loss of Alan Martin and Kieran O'Shea, they're proving stronger this year, Avondale, Belgrove, Bluebell whoever it was or to be, the Mount will go out on that pitch and give 100% and that's all any team can do..........remember the FAI Cup last year against Waterford......if any of you saw the game in Waterford, that's when Rockmount showed professionalism and Class, it's all about the team on the day..........and again I have to add that Ref robbed them lol :D

Move with the Times now and let the games begin :p

Loss of Al and Shaser and Edwin (and Wanchope to a lesser extent) were hard to take, but replacing them with Welly, Deasy and Willie left us stronger and better IMHO. On the two nights v Blaas, and against Monaghan the Mount showed that as a LOI club they would be well able to compete quite easily, something I was telling anyone who would listen. Yesterday showed again the character of the club, while not playing well they battled to a comfy 2-0 win v Corinthians. Kenny H is a genius.

Bring on the 17th. We're ready for it. Hope Ross' ankle is ok and Pat Oldham played for the Juniors yesterday, what a bonus to be getting him back. Where will he go though?

amarach
04/04/2005, 6:14 PM
Ross's ankle is looking real dodgy, he went off the field in real pain, but I think Coker felt more pain when he missed that open goal, you could see the disgust in his face, but sure these things happen to the best, Pat Oldam will be back in play but as you said where he's gonna go is dodgy, Poor Johnathon Busteed was breathless yesterday he was swapped with Pat Keane and left chasing his player for the 90 mins, (not sure of his name).......Bring on the 17th as you said 8am train to Dublin and fall off it back in Cork about 10.30pm lol, alway's a great trip!!

Clifford
04/04/2005, 8:23 PM
Ross's ankle is looking real dodgy, he went off the field in real pain, but I think Coker felt more pain when he missed that open goal, you could see the disgust in his face, but sure these things happen to the best, Pat Oldam will be back in play but as you said where he's gonna go is dodgy, Poor Johnathon Busteed was breathless yesterday he was swapped with Pat Keane and left chasing his player for the 90 mins, (not sure of his name).......Bring on the 17th as you said 8am train to Dublin and fall off it back in Cork about 10.30pm lol, alway's a great trip!!

Adrian or Aidan someone is the lad who had the free roll, Billy worked it out that he was playing no position so assigned the Buster to him and that was the end of their threat. That's the beauty of the Mount, Beech and Ross can play almost anywhere, so can Howey, so can Oldham and so on. Flexible all over. I think Ross said he'll be fine for Thursd v Douglas, but I'd save him for UCC on the Sat just in case, they were tough last week (as I know Douglas will be....)

Hope to see you on the train then, might make a weekend of it and go up on Sat, but not sure yet.

amarach
04/04/2005, 10:18 PM
We made a wkend of it two years back lol, when they played Belgrove in the Final we were green at the match, missed Busters goal too, also missed Steph head butting a Belgrove lad :eek: lol, the trips up and down are good on the train so I'll just keep it to a single day trip lol, we've our Rockmount jersey's since the game against Waterford in the Cross so we'll be in our colours on the day ........... can't wait!!

It's back to Dublin 2 wk's later then isn't it???

Clifford
05/04/2005, 12:35 AM
We made a wkend of it two years back lol, when they played Belgrove in the Final we were green at the match, missed Busters goal too, also missed Steph head butting a Belgrove lad :eek: lol, the trips up and down are good on the train so I'll just keep it to a single day trip lol, we've our Rockmount jersey's since the game against Waterford in the Cross so we'll be in our colours on the day ........... can't wait!!

It's back to Dublin 2 wk's later then isn't it???

Yeah for Lissadell in the senior fai cup. Might be moved though, cos it is the "managements" annual jaunt over to see Pat's bro. As a result loads of the lads are booked to go away places with the ladies (or men! Whatever.) They had booked the weekend off with the MSL, but this spanner hurts badly.

I'll tell Ritchie about the missing kit eh!! Only joshing.

Steph paid big time for that, missed most of last year, another class act. Some craic though in Dublin. Can hardly remember last years one.

amarach
05/04/2005, 12:02 PM
We were given the jersies lol, think one of the girls actually demanded the jersies lol only just talking to Richie there, he's all excited about Dublin, he's a great man, 110% dedicated.

I remember last year vaguely lol, I remember fecking falling in Branigan's lol, 2 bottles in hand didn't spill a drop lol went to cubins and back over again got home at 10am Monday morning had an interview at 12 which of course I didn't make lol

The Joy's of following the MOUNT lol yeahhhhhhhhhh

Clifford
06/04/2005, 11:22 AM
We were given the jersies lol, think one of the girls actually demanded the jersies lol only just talking to Richie there, he's all excited about Dublin, he's a great man, 110% dedicated.

I remember last year vaguely lol, I remember fecking falling in Branigan's lol, 2 bottles in hand didn't spill a drop lol went to cubins and back over again got home at 10am Monday morning had an interview at 12 which of course I didn't make lol

The Joy's of following the MOUNT lol yeahhhhhhhhhh

Never seen one so dedicated as the bould Ritchie, he never misses a kick, but hardly ever sees a kick with the hunt for (match) balls.

Tough game tomorrow night, hopefully all available. The lg form has been exceptional recently, it would be worth it to keep it goin, imagine a double and throw in the Beamish cup again.....I'd be broke anyhow.

amarach
07/04/2005, 12:28 PM
I won't get to the match tonight or Saturday :mad: freaked, work commiments first time missing a match in awhile

At least I'll be there to cheer the lads on in Dublin and join in on the celebrations after we kick Belgroves ass :D

Do you go to all Rockmounts matches??

Clifford
07/04/2005, 5:24 PM
I won't get to the match tonight or Saturday :mad: freaked, work commiments first time missing a match in awhile

At least I'll be there to cheer the lads on in Dublin and join in on the celebrations after we kick Belgroves ass :D

Do you go to all Rockmounts matches??

I've had a good run recently seen last 15 or so, will be there tonight, will miss Sat as I'm in Manchester. If I'm in this country I'll be at the game basically.

Freezing tonight, must wrap up well. Wouldn't fancy playin in this cold.

Edit: Bloody hell, game abondoned after 67 or so mins, bleedin worst wind ever seen in the windiest pitch in the world. It was hilarious, Slatts was hittin the half way line with every kick out, but they were bouncing ten yards from his own box. There keeper hit every kick out out of play in sec half. It was bedlam. No chance of control, touch or anything. Their keeper made three sec half saves, Slatts made one in first half.

Game to be replayed I beiveve, so no points dropped yet. My fingers have just thawed out.

amarach
08/04/2005, 3:15 PM
Heard the news this morning, yep it's being replayed, it's alway's cold out in Rockmount Park anyway but of course us fan's alway's give it a warm welcome :D

Clifford
15/04/2005, 1:34 PM
Heard the news this morning, yep it's being replayed, it's alway's cold out in Rockmount Park anyway but of course us fan's alway's give it a warm welcome :D

What's the story for Sunday Amarach, you goin on train? I've been caught to drive cos my old man is not overly well at the mo.

Gettin the buzz now, fingers crossed all will go to plan.

amarach
16/04/2005, 11:56 AM
Ya Clifford I'm heading on the train, better laugh well that's if we win I'll feck off to another carriage if it's a replay or the very worst we loose to Belgrove sssshhhh now now that won't happen :cool:

Long drive for you boy, hope your da is ok !!

amarach
16/04/2005, 12:07 PM
:D come On The Mount :D

Clifford
17/04/2005, 10:47 PM
:D come On The Mount :D

No problem, easy win for the Mount in the end. Sussed out Belgrove, upped the tempo, got the goal, sat back and took what they had to offer and calmly spent the second half getting in behind the Belgrove defence instead of facing the expected onslaught. Rattled in a lucky second and came home singing and dancing.

Expecting it tougher, much tougher in the Final. Unlucky Hall, must have been a great game. Hard lines.

Belgrove play nice football, but their winger were snuffed out by our stunning full backs......... ;)

Clifford
17/04/2005, 10:48 PM
Oh yeah...........

GET IN THERE YOU BEAUTY............