PDA

View Full Version : should ollie play ....????

dalo
13/02/2002, 1:44 PM
i was at looking at citynet. (does anyone actually know olie is leaving) and some guy suggested ollie should not play for the rest of the season.

what do people think? it is a difficult one to call to be honest.

pete
13/02/2002, 1:47 PM
Originally posted by dalo
i was at looking at citynet.....

shame on you.

:eek:

James
13/02/2002, 1:49 PM
Originally posted by dalo
i was at looking at citynet.

ahh that explains alot..now the jigsaw pieces are falling into place..

dalo
13/02/2002, 1:52 PM
Originally posted by James

ahh that explains alot..now the jigsaw pieces are falling into place..

why do you still need help with it james? i mean you have had that under 12 jigsaw presant since christmas :D honestly!!!!

James
13/02/2002, 2:00 PM
hmm right anyway back to the original Q

tough call....IMO what other option have we on the left wing?
i'd go yea and leave Ollie go out with a bang..cause i'd still love us to qualify for europe even if its back to Latvia ;) for the Intertoto..

this league season has been a shambles and an overall poor season..so yea as bad an all as we are playing and as bad an all as things are the shocking thing is this team is still capable of putting a run of 4 or 5 wins together..and IMO that might yet be enuff for intertoto...and a nice trip away again..
(just avoid the Lithuanian border police ;) )

Troy.McClure
13/02/2002, 2:19 PM
Id like to play 4312 with Bennett, O'Grady & Bucks in the middle with Mulligan in the hole behind Skippy/Hartigol & O'Flynn/CPOB. The wing baks could get up in support when we are on the attack.

Put Ollie on the bench for 2 reasons.
1) The guy is nackered
2) "I couldnt play for another Irish club" is breaking my heart :( Why isnt there a face for crying?

patsh
13/02/2002, 2:19 PM
This is a windup, right?
He is contracted to CCFC until the end of the season, so why should he not play??
I do not understand why someone would even think a player should not be picked THIS season ,
simply because he is going to play for another club NEXT season .
Strange way of looking at things............ :confused:

pete
13/02/2002, 2:35 PM
Simple answer: Yes.

Play best 11 eleven players available for the rest of the season until....we are out of reach of european (yes includes the toto cup) football.

This also applies to any players considering retirement (skippy, deccie, johnny c) at the end of the season.

Gary
13/02/2002, 5:39 PM
I'm definitely in two minds over this one. Firstly, a manager should play his strongest team at all times, and Cahill is in our strongest team. On the other hand, as we have nothing to play for really this season, maybe he could be dropped and allowed put on a few pounds and give Shels a fatty. Seriously though, maybe Gunther could blood a few youngsters/tinker with formation etc for the rest of the season

So in conclusion - I dont know. What i do know is that I'm annoyed that we are in this situation.

yan
14/02/2002, 8:51 AM
wat about 4-1-3-2

wit bennet holding
and the other 3 attacking
or would that be to attack minded for murphy

Troy.McClure
14/02/2002, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by yan
wat about 4-1-3-2
Who is in the 3? Ollie, O'Grady & Bucks?
It looks like the 442 that we have but with Bennett withdrawn into defence even more.