PDA

View Full Version : Sports Files

Eire06
22/03/2005, 9:26 AM
Did anyone see it last night? was the France match..
We made some noise and created an unbelieveable atmosphere.. you can hear us singing all through the match.. hopefully we'll get that atmosphere in Lansdowne some day :o
It was my first time seeing it on the telly, my friend forgot to record it for me when I was over there... :(

Brought back great memories of Paris :D

blobbyblob
22/03/2005, 9:28 AM
Thought it would have been the first time for a lot of people alright.

Ya have to stay we were unlucky.

Roll on saturday

Im sure the Israelis could say the same about being unlucky in Paris.

Eire06
22/03/2005, 9:32 AM
We were unlucky, but France weren't as bad as I thought they were on the night!! Considering they only had a shell of a team.
They had a good few chances as well..

Dotsy
22/03/2005, 10:16 AM
Thought it would have been the first time for a lot of people alright.

Ya have to stay we were unlucky.

Roll on saturday

Im sure the Israelis could say the same about being unlucky in Paris.

From what I have read about their match in Paris the Israelis played for the draw and never looked liked winning it. Fair dues to them for getting the result but it doesn't sound like they were unlucky not to win it. Ireland on the other hand had a right go at the French and wouldn't have been flattered if we had got a win.

onenilgameover
22/03/2005, 11:57 AM
First time seeing the match after watchin it in Paris. I totally agree France were'nt that bad. Had quite a few shots on target and Gallas's chance was a sitter. Not how I remembered the match anyhow...The result seemed fair watchin it last night...I did miss the first twenty minutes trying to scrabble toghether a balnk video and work the damn machine...

roboyle
22/03/2005, 12:22 PM
We made some noise and created an unbelieveable atmosphere.. you can hear us singing all through the match.. hopefully we'll get that atmosphere in Lansdowne some day :o
It was my first time seeing it on the telly, my friend forgot to record it for me when I was over there... :(

Brought back great memories of Paris :D

Ditto, first glimpse of it myself too... great noise (and colours), missed the early stages but it was funny seeing Pires getting booed at every touch (after his early diving antics), the kind of reception you expect a crowd to give to an away player. Thought O'Shea's was even more clear cut than at the time though... :o

Eire06
22/03/2005, 12:31 PM
Ditto, first glimpse of it myself too... great noise (and colours), missed the early stages but it was funny seeing Pires getting booed at every touch (after his early diving antics), the kind of reception you expect a crowd to give to an away player. Thought O'Shea's was even more clear cut than at the time though... :o

Ya it was hard to hear the commintators at times with the jeering at pires... :D

No wonder Brian Kerr said he was proud of us and thanked us for the support we didn't stop all through the match actually we didn't stop all weekend :D

OwlsFan
22/03/2005, 12:32 PM
We made some noise and created an unbelieveable atmosphere.. you can hear us singing all through the match.. hopefully we'll get that atmosphere in Lansdowne some day :D

Don't confuse the atmosphere at Lansdowne for meaningless friendlies for when it really counts in competitive games against the big guns. There have been some fantastic atmospheres at Lansdowne over the years against the Dutch, the Portuguese, Spain etc to name but a few.

Eire06
22/03/2005, 12:35 PM
Don't confuse the atmosphere at Lansdowne for meaningless friendlies for when it really counts in competitive games against the big guns. There have been some fantastic atmospheres at Lansdowne over the years against the Dutch, the Portuguese, Spain etc to name but a few.
I have been to most if not all of them matches and the atmosphere has been great.. But the atmosphere and noise in Stade de France that night was unbelieveable and a lot of it is to do with the way the stadium is built.. helps to keep the sound in not like lansdowne

eirebhoy
22/03/2005, 12:58 PM
I have been to most if not all of them matches and the atmosphere has been great.. But the atmosphere and noise in Stade de France that night was unbelieveable and a lot of it is to do with the way the stadium is built.. helps to keep the sound in not like lansdowne
It was 100% down to the fact that it was 35,000 drunken men and women on a holiday and they didn't give a crap what the person next to them thought. :) If we played our games on Saturday evenings the atmosphere would be a lot better. 3.00 gives people no time to get a few drinks down them.

Eire06
22/03/2005, 1:07 PM
It was 100% down to the fact that it was 35,000 drunken men and women on a holiday and they didn't give a crap what the person next to them thought. :) If we played our games on Saturday evenings the atmosphere would be a lot better. 3.00 gives people no time to get a few drinks down them.

never stopped me before ;) :D

barglee
22/03/2005, 1:47 PM
F*ck if id known that was on i wud have taped it.
still havent seen it on T.V...
wud bring back great memories im sure.