PDA

View Full Version : New bus.

dutchie
22/03/2005, 9:20 AM
Does anyone have any information on the bus link to the match on fri.night.We have been told that buses will bring fans to home matches,just wondering is it going ahead this weekend,the pick-ups and drop offs etc.If anyone has info reguarding pick-ups for the N-69 route please reply,thanks. :)

Nempton
23/03/2005, 2:58 PM
Could anyone get on to Joe Soap or could the committee members of the supporters club let us know if there will be buses running? A few people were I live have asked me about it and would go to the match if there was.

gael353
23/03/2005, 7:26 PM
no buses this week lads as there was not enough time to publisize them. If anyone is interested in said buses for future trips give details to a SC person at the match or whereever and we'll see what we can arrange. The buses will start soon just a little research needed to be done.

sadloserkid
24/03/2005, 10:38 AM
The buses will start soon just a little research needed to be done.

Well I don't wanna go off on a Deise ;) but it's a pity that this research wasn't done before now, the first game of any season is a chance to attract new support, there's always a groundswell of interest before the metaphorical ship sets sail. And I don't think you'll get much of an idea of numbers from talking to people at the match because surely the idea of the buses is to attract people who won't be there otherwise?

This buses initiative is a good one and I hope that it gets off the ground as soon as possible. Even aside from that it's been too quiet here for the last week or so so this might set a few people off again! :)

muls world
24/03/2005, 12:11 PM
Any idea if there will be a bus going from west limerick to the home games? If there was we might be able to drum up some more support. It would be well worth a look into the possibility.

Nempton
24/03/2005, 1:25 PM
Thats disappointing about the buses especially when you consider that tomorrow is good friday and that nothing will be open. A missed business opportunity by the club to attract new support to the ground when potential fans have nothing else to be doing. Its all well and good doing market research but who are you going to ask, the people who already go to the Limerick FC matches that have their own way of getting there. Tomorrow would have being the perfect opportunity and condition for the club to conduct their market research. All they had to do was publicise the buses in certain towns for example areas where the players come from such as Shannon to Ardpatrick, go to these towns and record how many people from each town avail of the buses to the match. From that then the club would have some idea of the areas where the club is popular and work on securing that support for the remainder of the season.

But much more serious than that now, I've got to go and figure out a way to get a lift to the match and back home again :p

muls world
24/03/2005, 4:01 PM
A good point nempton. I daresay there would also be good demand from the Abbeyfeale/Newcastle West area of the county. The supporters club is a very good idea but I will throw open a suggestion, why not have a supporters night in the towns in the county, that way you would get a good idea of how many people would be interested in going to Hogan Park on Friday nights. While it is great to have the club in the spotlight it is important to maintain the high profile and get more and more supporters going to games.
From Field Of Dreams - "If you build it, They will come" -
Go one step further, "If you provide bus, the supporters will go to Hogan Park on Friday nights, and possibly further"

gael353
24/03/2005, 6:44 PM
I see your points lads but have to say that the club in fairness is trying its best to get all things in place and it has had a lot to do. This week hogan park was vandalised yet again (im not sure how much damage was done) but it did happen. So yet more security measures have to be taken and this comes at a cost! The buses, of which there will be seven (7) will be a runner for the upcomming home games but trying to get the ground ready and the club ready before Friday had been tough work. I am just like the rest of ye sad not to see the buses up and running this week, but not too sad as i have a car :) anyway join the supporters club and find out more. Away days are going to be fun too ;)

muls world
24/03/2005, 9:38 PM
Easy for you gael353 as you have your own transport but I take your point!
However it wont be easy to join supporters club if we cant get to Hogan Park. Very disapointed to hear that there were young (I presume) gurriers inflicting damage at Hogan Park!
On the off chance that we get to the game this Friday night will there be merchandise on sale? If so how much is the new home jersey?

gael353
24/03/2005, 9:47 PM
Yes i belive there will be merchandise on sale lots of it too. Not sure how mcuh the jerseys will be and there are three diff types by the way.

muls world
24/03/2005, 9:58 PM
Cheers for that gael353. If you hear what the prices are you might post them here. I might have a mate from town going, he is not sure yet. P.S. Is there any utlet in town where one could purchase them?

muls world
24/03/2005, 9:59 PM
That should of course be outlet. Getting carried away with myself!

fitzknows
25/03/2005, 12:08 AM
Reckon the 7 buses idea should be scrapped and an extensive network of light rail tracks should be laid down across the city, all culminating at Hogan Park. We could borrow Tony Maguire from shamrock rovers to bring in investors.