PDA

View Full Version : Tonights games 1/06/18

Pages : [1] 2 3

Nesta99
01/06/2018, 7:40 PM
Rovers playing well and spoiling things well. Early goal have bouyed them. Should really be down to 10 men imo. Carr going off injured is a blow. Dundalk I feel will hit a rhythm but so far not playing well, either way its a serious test now to get the 3 points and will be pulling it out of the fire. Could be valuable points for Sligo and Limerick. Cork winning which is no surprise in Turners Cross, if Waterford get anything from the game it will be a super result for Waterford (and Dundalk).

1-1 in Tallaght, Hoban with a good header. Nasty clash of heads between Gartland and Finn, both with eyes on the ball but obviously no love lost between Ronan Finn and some of his former team mates. Finn was fairly clattered though even if unintentional so understandibly annoyed.

Longfordian
01/06/2018, 7:42 PM
I don’t see a thread but feel free to merge if there is one.

LTFC 2 Galway 0 half time but Town down to ten men as Meenan has been sent off, he’s been very underwhelming this year.

Nesta99
01/06/2018, 7:52 PM
Ditto the one I started so merge either way!

Longfordian
01/06/2018, 8:07 PM
Galway get one back 2-1 at the CCS.

Nesta99
01/06/2018, 8:16 PM
It being so quiet here must mean everyone is at games - who said TV effects attendance....

Longfordian
01/06/2018, 8:23 PM
I’m on my phone or I’d put up all the other scores.

Galway missed a pen at the CCS. Notable scores Bray 2-0 up on Pats, Limerick 1 up on Bohs, Sligo 2 up on Derry.

Nesta99
01/06/2018, 8:28 PM
Good job Mannus is coming in in July!! 1-3 now.

Longfordian
01/06/2018, 8:30 PM
Town get a third on the break, Williams OG apparently. Ten minutes or so left.

Longfordian
01/06/2018, 8:36 PM
3-2 now in Longford. Last few minutes.

total hoofball
01/06/2018, 8:45 PM
Long live Stephen Bradley :clap:

El-Pietro
01/06/2018, 8:50 PM
Comfortable win in the end for City in a game that was very close for the first hour. We had two shots off the crossbar (Shep really should have scored his to make it 4) and probably should have had a penalty in the first half (right in front of me but Sadlier pulled out of the challenge a bit and made it look like a dive when he was fouled). Cummins probably had his best game in a City shirt since returning, finally leading the line like we hoped he would. Happy out. Win Monday we go top with 15 games left. Derry have been awful which means they will definitely get a result against us.

El-Pietro
By the way Rovers have now lost more games than they have won this season.

Longfordian
Town hold on to win, get in.

TonyD
01/06/2018, 8:53 PM
That's a shocker of a result for Pats. After a very good run the wheels are now coming off. Not good. With Waterford away next week it could get worse before it gets better.

SeanDrog
01/06/2018, 9:12 PM
Good result tonight Drogs 2-0 Cab.

Galway slipping.

Big game for us on Monday away to Shels

sbgawa
01/06/2018, 9:20 PM
Terrible result but with Finn and car gone off at half time , no mielle Burke and the liability that is tomar in goal I wasn't hopeful at the start of second half. Only positive is Waterford Derry and pats all losing . Roll on the break and get manus in and a few players back. Bray Derry limericks next 3. I still think it's a one horse race for the title.

Real ale Madrid
01/06/2018, 9:22 PM
That Lopez tackle was absolutely shocking.

micls
01/06/2018, 9:32 PM
Banner for Bradley to be sacked at the game? Not surprising I suppose but #BradleyIn

placid casual
01/06/2018, 9:57 PM
As alluded to by sbgwa, Rovers dont have cover for important players not playing/going off injured.
Dundalk have 2 players for every position, and won with ease in the end.comfortably the best side in the division,I would expect them to win the league by 8-10 points from cork.
I'm just glad they didnt do 4 in a row !! and they never will...;)

El-Pietro
01/06/2018, 10:03 PM
As alluded to by sbgwa, Rovers dont have cover for important players not playing/going off injured.
Dundalk have 2 players for every position, and won with ease in the end.comfortably the best side in the division,I would expect them to win the league by 8-10 points from cork.
I'm just glad they didnt do 4 in a row !! and they never will...;)
Do you realise that if we win on Monday we will be first with 15 games left?

sbgawa
01/06/2018, 10:05 PM
Leicester won the epl against teams with a budget of multiples of them if cork hang in I will take my hat off to them but they are battling uphill. You have to give them credit for getting to here

D24Saint
01/06/2018, 10:13 PM
We were absolutely awful tonight but I was also surprised by how Bray played. We are shipping to many stupid goals to have any chance of a european place. We are in dire need of a goal scorer.

mcgonigle
01/06/2018, 10:25 PM
Leicester won the epl against teams with a budget of multiples of them if cork hang in I will take my hat off to them but they are battling uphill. You have to give them credit for getting to here

Are you suggesting Dundalk's budget is multiples of Cork's?

sbgawa
01/06/2018, 10:28 PM

I am 100% admiring of cork this year but I feel you are overachieving and dundalk have more gears. If you go on and win the league it will be a tremendous achievement..bigger than last year imo

Longfordian
01/06/2018, 10:31 PM
Reports surfacing (well one report from Paul O'Hehir on Twitter) that Limerick haven't paid their players and have told them all they can go.

ToberonaTornado
01/06/2018, 10:37 PM
How Lopes wasn't sent off for that assault on McGrath is just beyond beyond!Ref Connolly obv knew this match was on TV and he wasn't going to ruin it for the 'punters' sitting on their arses at home :rolleyes: Fcuking shocking reffing!!
https://twitter.com/eirSport/status/1002630414756823041

Dundalk showed up for the 2nd half and in some style.

The Carr & Finn injuries for Rovers defo threw Dundalk some relief but Lopes should have been gone by the time of the injuries anyway.

sbgawa
01/06/2018, 10:38 PM
That's very disappointing to hear. Just plays into tghe hands of the people who want to put the league down

White Horse
01/06/2018, 10:39 PM

One point ahead with 45 left to play for?

Practically in the bag.

NeverFeltBetter
01/06/2018, 10:40 PM
Reports surfacing (well one report from Paul O'Hehir on Twitter) that Limerick haven't paid their players and have told them all they can go.

Now the debate: to pull a Monaghan or pull a Galway United?

White Horse
01/06/2018, 10:41 PM
How Lopes wasn't sent off for that assault on McGrath is just beyond beyond!Ref Connolly obv knew this match was on TV and he wasn't going to ruin it for the 'punters' sitting on their arses at home :rolleyes: Fcuking shocking reffing!!

The Carr & Finn injuries for Rovers defo threw Dundalk some relief but Lopes should have been gone by the time of the injuries anyway.

Finn, Bolger, and Carr were very good for Rovers tonight. Injuries hampered them, very unlucky.

You can see the good things that Bradley is building at Rovers. They need to stick together.

Guitd
01/06/2018, 10:42 PM
Galway so poor tonight even with an extra man couldn’t break down battling Longford defense Keegan under pressure now got us relegated last season with a decent squad and with the biggest budget by far this season is failing badly again 😡😡

Ezeikial
01/06/2018, 10:49 PM
Finn, Bolger, and Carr were very good for Rovers tonight. Injuries hampered them, very unlucky.

You can see the good things that Bradley is building at Rovers. They need to stick together.

#4MoreGears

#4MoreYears

Candystripe
01/06/2018, 10:53 PM
Derry were so bad tonight it was unreal! Sligo could have won by five. Derry need to get at least 4/5 new players in in the window.

El-Pietro
01/06/2018, 10:56 PM
One point ahead with 45 left to play for?

Practically in the bag.
I didn't suggest its in the bag, but there is this increasing narrative that the league title is a one horse race. We're past the half way point and theres a very real chance that by the time the top two have played 21 of 36 games that the one horse in that one horse race won't be in first place.
Dundalk may yet go on to win the league, but there is a battle to be fought for it. Rovers fans suggesting Dundalk will run away with it have lost the run of themselves. Lets not forget we're the defending Double Winning Champions. Its not like we're some suprise team coming out of nowhere.

White Horse
01/06/2018, 11:02 PM
I didn't suggest its in the bag, but there is this increasing narrative that the league title is a one horse race. We're past the half way point and theres a very real chance that by the time the top two have played 21 of 36 games that the one horse in that one horse race won't be in first place.
Dundalk may yet go on to win the league, but there is a battle to be fought for it. Rovers fans suggesting Dundalk will run away with it have lost the run of themselves. Lets not forget we're the defending Double Winning Champions. Its not like we're some suprise team coming out of nowhere.

I guarantee you there is no-one in Dundalk saying it is a one horse race.

sbgawa
01/06/2018, 11:06 PM
It's the strength in depth that dundalk have before we eve get to the window that makes me think it is a one horse race. Cork need to be lucky with injuries suspensions ...Not impossible and if they pull it off you'd have to take your hat off

Ezeikial
01/06/2018, 11:14 PM

Rovers fans should be excused if some of them are a little shell shocked. For the record, I think any inference of a comparison between Cork and Leicester is unfair and incorrect.

For starters, the year after Leicester won their league title they finished in the bottom half of their league.

El-Pietro
01/06/2018, 11:25 PM
I guarantee you there is no-one in Dundalk saying it is a one horse race.
I'm sure, but your biggest fan Johnny Ward (I know he says hes a Galway fan but...) has used those exact words, and we have Rovers fans in this thread suggesting its a miracle we're in it, and that Dundalk will win it by 8 or 9 points. Probably based off a single game against us in which we were admittedly very poor.
We have a perfect home record, 9 wins from 9, conceding just one goal. We have conceded only 12 goals all season, 3 of them in that one crazy game against Rovers. We might not play the prettiest football but there is no right way to play. Teams like Pats pass the ball around a lot and it might look nice but we are very good at letting them have the ball in safe areas. We keep a lot of clean sheets and fans are often confused as to how they didn't get a result when they had so much ball, not realising that we have done exactly what we set out to do yet again. Our style is highly effective and has been for over 4 seasons now since John Caulfield came in.
Tonight was his 152nd league game as manager, hes lost just 22 games, less than 15%, and hes won 101, 66.45%. Thats an insane winning ratio over such a long period of time and hes unfortunate to come up against such a good Dundalk side or he would have more than 1 league title and two FAI Cups to show for himself.

Rovers meanwhile have a comparable budget with both City and Dundalk and set out to compete for the title (they talk a lot at the start of each season about finishing ahead of City and then change their ambition when its clear they are a mess of a club). Since Bradley took the job he has been in charge for 71 games and hes lost 26. Hes won only 31. (43.66%).
I probably shouldn't care so much about the opinions of others but its ridiculous to have our record under Caulfield not recognised for what it is.

El-Pietro
01/06/2018, 11:27 PM
It's the strength in depth that dundalk have before we eve get to the window that makes me think it is a one horse race. Cork need to be lucky with injuries suspensions ...Not impossible and if they pull it off you'd have to take your hat off
I don't think you've even seen our squad. We have a lot of options, and we've been making a lot of changes all season long, with the exception of McNulty and Cummins.

oriel
01/06/2018, 11:42 PM
Straight shoot out now between Dundalk and Cork, it may well come down to the head to heads, currently 1 a piece but next game in Dundalk.

Impressive win by Cork tonight but Dundalk appear better suited to dealing with going behind and winning, that’s two big games away now that’s happened, both 0-1 down too, Derry (4-1) and Rovers (5-2).

29th June Dlk v Cork. Tasty

Ezeikial
01/06/2018, 11:46 PM
"The scoreline is not a true reflection of the game"

https://soundcloud.com/shamrock-rovers-f-c/stephen-bradley-dundalk-post-match-interview-1618

Ezeikial
01/06/2018, 11:50 PM
"The scoreline is not a true reflection of the game"

https://soundcloud.com/shamrock-rovers-f-c/stephen-bradley-dundalk-post-match-interview-1618

At about 1:20 the interviewer asks Stephen Bradley "do you think Dundalk were over physical tonight?"

Are even the Rovers media people taking the pi$$ out of the unfortunate manager?

ToberonaTornado
01/06/2018, 11:51 PM
Populist statements that Ward makes on Twitter about us are there for a reason!!(RT's and likes)
Ward is a bit of a****** in my eyes.Some Dundalk fans like to hear everything positive said about the club - he knows that,he knows his audience.
Lots of ITK Dundalk fans pass no remarks of him.
We know full well that overcoming Cork will be a huge challenge.
As far as budgets go? Stop guessing.Because Nobody knows.

Nesta99
01/06/2018, 11:56 PM
I'm sure, but your biggest fan Johnny Ward (I know he says hes a Galway fan but...) has used those exact words, and we have Rovers fans in this thread suggesting its a miracle we're in it, and that Dundalk will win it by 8 or 9 points. Probably based off a single game against us in which we were admittedly very poor.
We have a perfect home record, 9 wins from 9, conceding just one goal. We have conceded only 12 goals all season, 3 of them in that one crazy game against Rovers. We might not play the prettiest football but there is no right way to play. Teams like Pats pass the ball around a lot and it might look nice but we are very good at letting them have the ball in safe areas. We keep a lot of clean sheets and fans are often confused as to how they didn't get a result when they had so much ball, not realising that we have done exactly what we set out to do yet again. Our style is highly effective and has been for over 4 seasons now since John Caulfield came in.
Tonight was his 152nd league game as manager, hes lost just 22 games, less than 15%, and hes won 101, 66.45%. Thats an insane winning ratio over such a long period of time and hes unfortunate to come up against such a good Dundalk side or he would have more than 1 league title and two FAI Cups to show for himself.

Rovers meanwhile have a comparable budget with both City and Dundalk and set out to compete for the title (they talk a lot at the start of each season about finishing ahead of City and then change their ambition when its clear they are a mess of a club). Since Bradley took the job he has been in charge for 71 games and hes lost 26. Hes won only 31. (43.66%).
I probably shouldn't care so much about the opinions of others but its ridiculous to have our record under Caulfield not recognised for what it is.

Why are Cork fans and Cork people in general so desperate for acknowledgement and acceptance from others?? Cork are a good, effective side, champions, cup holders, the club of pure virtue in League of Ireland. Who cares what anyone else thinks!? Rovers/Pats/Bohs fans singing 'We hate Dundalk' was music to the ears when it made a return in recent seasons. European performances tend to grab the interest more in general in this country than domestic titles. Put together a good European run and you will likely get the accolades you crave.

L.T.F.C.
01/06/2018, 11:57 PM
Must have been another cup final. I saw the challenge by Lopes - straight red and the boy is lucky.

I know we've not been consistent at all this season, but Galway are no addition. Their keeper is simply horrific, and I had to laugh at him giving away another indirect free kick after that ****show against Cabinteely.
https://www.facebook.com/ltfc.ie/videos/1717428971681970/
Great ping here to open the scoring tonight from local lad Aodh Dervin. Great little player.

oriel
01/06/2018, 11:57 PM
I don't think you've even seen our squad. We have a lot of options, and we've been making a lot of changes all season long, with the exception of McNulty and Cummins.

Curious to know why Aaron Barry, marque signing, and Karl Sheppard are not getting picked, i think I read the former made too many mistakes early season, but still a decent player? However it’s the latter, Sheppard I’m more surprised with given the almost mass celebratory actions when he decided to sign back.

joey B
02/06/2018, 12:02 AM
Harps won ,Athlone are terrible not much else to add,Monday will be a different game......

El-Pietro
02/06/2018, 12:03 AM
Curious to know why Aaron Barry, marque signing, and Karl Sheppard are not getting picked, i think I read the former made too many mistakes early season, but still a decent player? However it’s the latter, Sheppard I’m more surprised with given the almost mass celebratory actions when he decided to sign back.

I'd have Shep in the team, especially in games where we need width he changed the game tonight. JC likes Barry McNamee but also likes Sadlier and Buckley and is trying to figure out how to get them all into the team. As things stand hes been playing McNamee wide right where he is not at his best. Thats before you think about Stephen Beattie who came in and played number 10 tonight.

Aaron Barry didn't have a great start to the season and lost his place to the two young centre halves McLoughlin and McCarthy and is probably fourth choice right now with Benno coming back into the side in recent weeks

El-Pietro
02/06/2018, 12:04 AM
Why are Cork fans and Cork people in general so desperate for acknowledgement and acceptance from others?? Cork are a good, effective side, champions, cup holders, the club of pure virtue in League of Ireland. Who cares what anyone else thinks!? Rovers/Pats/Bohs fans singing 'We hate Dundalk' was music to the ears when it made a return in recent seasons. European performances tend to grab the interest more in general in this country than domestic titles. Put together a good European run and you will likely get the accolades you crave.
I think if people talked about how much they hated us we'd be fine. But we get fobbed off as just another side and that is infuriating!
When we did put together a decent Euro run those *****s from Louth (your lot!) went and over shadowed us ever so slightly!

Nesta99
02/06/2018, 12:16 AM

Brian Kerr was so busy hating Shamrock Rovers that he refers to Bohs discipline issues:rolleyes::D