View Full Version : city vs bray

Pages : [1] 2

yan
21/03/2005, 8:50 PM
no doyler friday nite!!

according to official site!

Storysham
21/03/2005, 9:08 PM
Theres enough talent there to still pummell Bray.

Hope he wont be too tired for the game against shels on monday, tel aviv is a fair trek.

Éanna
21/03/2005, 11:47 PM
Fenn's not a bad replacement! :)
Good to see Doyler get called up though, its insane he wasn't called up first time round :rolleyes:

thecorner
22/03/2005, 3:25 AM
Fenn's not a bad replacement! :)

either is colin t pushing into the middle and georgie going up front ;)

Rebal Boy
22/03/2005, 5:56 AM
I'm delighted for Doyler. I hope he does well with them. City have a big squad to choose from. Colin T is an ideal replacement for him. Its a game City should win.

kevincronin2000
22/03/2005, 9:46 AM
I'd hate to see this happen but the club could postpone the game because of doyles call up. Longford have postponed there game.

pete
22/03/2005, 11:07 AM
The club have made a good decision not to postpone the game. Locals will be itching for starting to season & even a few days delay wouldn't be great. I'm sure the club could do will the cash this week instead of a few weeks later too. We will have busy enough schedule without postponing games so soo too.

I'd say Rico will try Fenn upfront as won't get too many chnaces to try him.

Roo69
22/03/2005, 11:13 AM
no doyler friday nite!!

according to official site!

It wont make a difference to Cork really, you have an abundence of talent to pick from up front anyway.

patsh
22/03/2005, 11:39 AM
I suspect the Whinger Devlin will have a 11 man defence for this game, :p , so Fenn's inventiveness could be a vital factor.It was a good result for Bray last week, but inthe two home games against Bray, we MUST be planning for 6 points and a goals tally of at least +4 if we are going to be contenders this season.

wws
22/03/2005, 11:45 AM
Tough one - you'd expect Cork to ease by them but Wes Charles is quite good in a well organised back four (or will that be 5 in Cork)....Zayed useful on the break - tricky one but doable for Cork

tiktok
22/03/2005, 12:03 PM
The club have made a good decision not to postpone the game.

Agreed.
In terms of the team, while Doyle is a loss we have good back-up, though i think we'll see Colin in midfield and Geroge up front.

In financial terms a Friday night now is worth more than a rescheduled tuesday in seven/eight weeks. Important to get a good start in terms of points and cash.

thecorner
22/03/2005, 12:08 PM
any truth in the rumour that the game is to be switched to the afternoon :confused:

tiktok
22/03/2005, 12:10 PM
any truth in the rumour that the game is to be switched to the afternoon :confused:

I hope not, trying to get myself down to it after work :eek:

razor
22/03/2005, 12:10 PM
that'd be a balls, some of us have to work on Friday.

Troy.McClure
22/03/2005, 12:11 PM
Id sat if this was an away match it would have been postponed, but the club needs to get income rolling and this weekend is a big one for the club + we still need to get up to match fitness.

Id guess Colin T will come in and George will move up front. Wouldnt mind Fenn or even O'Donavin getting a run out thuogh.

LFC in Exile
22/03/2005, 12:13 PM

For what reason?

KR's Post
22/03/2005, 1:47 PM
I suspect the Whinger Devlin will have a 11 man defence for this game, :p , so Fenn's inventiveness could be a vital factor.It was a good result for Bray last week, but inthe two home games against Bray, we MUST be planning for 6 points and a goals tally of at least +4 if we are going to be contenders this season.
Same starting 11 i suspect from friday night..... Played really well and we gotta attack Cork. Sitting back will not aid us as City will be really up for it as it's your first home game of the season. I'm being optimistic a little here but i fancy us scoring and our defence is pretty tight so I'll go for a good 1-1 draw with ZAYED for Bray and O' Flynn to open the scoring.... I understand you lot expecting to win and rightly so, but our team spirit has gone up a lot in the past week. D'ya guys know what kind of crowd there'll be and can 50-60 Bray fans expect to get tickets....... P.S. You have the right to slate me with abuse if CORK thump us at the cross!!! See you friday. :p

patsh
22/03/2005, 1:57 PM
Same starting 11 i suspect from friday night..... Played really well and we gotta attack Cork. Sitting back will not aid us as City will be really up for it as it's your first home game of the season. I'm being optimistic a little here but i fancy us scoring and our defence is pretty tight so I'll go for a good 1-1 draw with ZAYED for Bray and O' Flynn to open the scoring.... I understand you lot expecting to win and rightly so, but our team spirit has gone up a lot in the past week. D'ya guys know what kind of crowd there'll be and can 50-60 Bray fans expect to get tickets....... P.S. You have the right to slate me with abuse if CORK thump us at the cross!!! See you friday. :p
Fair play to you for your optimism!
Hopefully we will get a big attendance of 5 - 6,000, but the crowd will probably be about 4,000. No offence intended, but it's probably only the core City fans will be there as this game wouldn't be seen as a "big" game. We really must expect to win this game well.....BUT, this is exactly the type of game where we could slip up, so there is some hope for ye!:p

pete
22/03/2005, 3:47 PM
Game obviously won't be sold out but could be anything from 3000 to 6000 weather depending. We usually start off with very big crods almost no matter who we playing. Weather will affect too with those uncovered seats behind goal.

AFAIK away section has been moved opposite main stand (see corlcityfc.ie).

Roo69
22/03/2005, 4:12 PM

I think i'll be a litle more realistic, i can't see Bray taking anything from the game but really really hope they prove me wrong :D I'd go for a 3-1 Cork win. We still have Chopper, Foxy, McGuinness and Grogan all to come back into the team which will give us extra steel in midfield + defence and pace and skill up front. Last weeks win will have spread confidence within the Bray camp like wild fire. If we can keep Cork out for the 1st half hour or so we can fustruate them and hopefully Zayed can grab a couple on the break.

Wicklowrebel
22/03/2005, 4:24 PM
I just cant believe City are playing Bray and I am going to be stuck in Bray!

Fair_play_boy
22/03/2005, 5:28 PM
. . . In terms of the team, while Doyle is a loss we have good back-up, though i think we'll see Colin in midfield and Geroge up front.Does Greg's suspension cover this game as well?

tiktok
22/03/2005, 5:30 PM
Does Greg's suspension cover this game as well?

I think Greg only had a one game ban, so he should be available. Not 100% though

pete
22/03/2005, 9:04 PM
If Wesley Charles is playing i'll go for 4-0 to City although we'll probably save ourselves for big Setanta Cup game on Monday. Wesley 'elbows' Charles is (more like was) IMO one of most over-rated foreigns to play here.

Roo69
23/03/2005, 9:42 AM
If Wesley Charles is playing i'll go for 4-0 to City although we'll probably save ourselves for big Setanta Cup game on Monday. Wesley 'elbows' Charles is (more like was) IMO one of most over-rated foreigns to play here.

I take it that you havent seen Weso play that often so ? That is actually on of the dumbest comments ive ever seen posted on this board.

Think i might start up a competition for "Dumbest Post of the Month" - you have my vote !

Bray Head
23/03/2005, 9:57 AM
I think you are too hard on Wes. He is well up to the standard of premier division football.On another note, why have Cork switched the away fans to the opposite side ?

tiktok
23/03/2005, 10:03 AM
On another note, why have Cork switched the away fans to the opposite side ?

A quarter of our main stand was regularly given over to four or five UCD fans :D , even on a good day Rovers would only fill half of the allocation.
Basically, it was a waste of seats.

Schumi
23/03/2005, 10:46 AM
AFAIK away section has been moved opposite main stand (see corlcityfc.ie).
Is that over where those squeaking kids were before?

sullanefc
23/03/2005, 11:49 AM
Is that over where those squeaking kids were before?

Thats the one. Where are the squeaking kids(family enclosure) going to go now??

ollie
23/03/2005, 12:05 PM
Thats the one. Where are the squeaking kids(family enclosure) going to go now??

they're going to the donie ford where the away supporters were AFAIK.
btw check the PM i've sent you

pete
23/03/2005, 1:59 PM
I take it that you havent seen Weso play that often so ? That is actually on of the dumbest comments ive ever seen posted on this board.

I'm only going on last time i saw him in the Premier & I doubt he has improved since. from what I remember he was putting it about a lot but other than that & heading high balls didn't seem to be of much use.

patsh
23/03/2005, 2:40 PM
According to De Echo, Fenn will come into the team as a straight swap for Doyler.

Then again, Colin or Greg might get in with George partnering J O'F.
Fair play to Spillage, another exclusive there....:rolleyes:
:)

colblimp
23/03/2005, 11:05 PM
Did anyone see tonights Echo? The Bray game is advertised at €10... :rolleyes:

A face
23/03/2005, 11:13 PM
I'm only going on last time i saw him in the Premier & I doubt he has improved since. from what I remember he was putting it about a lot but other than that & heading high balls didn't seem to be of much use.

He was with Sligo for a while wasn't he !!?!
If it was him, all i can remeber was we needed a by-pass to get around him but other than that, go with what Pete said and you're not far wrong.

A face
23/03/2005, 11:16 PM
Did anyone see tonights Echo?

It not worth the paper its written on !! :eek: :p

Used2BHibs Fan
24/03/2005, 9:21 AM
Watched the Bray match against Pat's last Friday and Bray were lucky to go in at H-T nil all.

Wesley is ok as a stopper but does not have a lot of pace like most Big central defenders - he will clear up any high balls but will struggle if city can get crosses in from the wings. Also people running at him will cause problems.

Thought that the Bray Left back was skinned badly last Friday night so if he is playing again this is an area that will give city a great chance to attack.

From the matchs last year I don't think that Colin and Gamble should be played in the midfield together - too similar. I may be proved wrong here but unless city play 5 in mid and need a player to do some hard tackeling then having these 2 in this position has never looked like it works.

Bray's attack is very fast and the City defence will need to be awake from the start. Danny may need to slow down some of the runs that are made.

I believe that with George and Fenn they will have anough class to break down the Seagulls......

redgav
24/03/2005, 10:41 AM
I just cant believe City are playing Bray and I am going to be stuck in Bray!

Don'y worry bout it Cian , just imagine what the return leg will be like :D

Fair_play_boy
25/03/2005, 5:16 PM
Game obviously won't be sold out but could be anything from 3000 to 6000 weather depending. We usually start off with very big crods almost no matter who we playing. Weather will affect too with those uncovered seats behind goal.

AFAIK away section has been moved opposite main stand (see corlcityfc.ie).It is a lovely evening, and the bar stoolers have nowhere to sit, so I reckon we will have around 4,500 support tonight.
90 minutes to go. Getting my city shirt out of the frame. :)

Storysham
25/03/2005, 5:27 PM
I just backed city to win 4-0, 16-1, Bit of a risk with both our front men out.

A fool and his money......

cabo2005
25/03/2005, 6:51 PM
I backed bray 6-1

ccfcgirl
25/03/2005, 9:12 PM
Im just home from the city game good crowd ,city should of been awarded a penalty

cabo2005
25/03/2005, 9:15 PM
Go on the bray!!

crc
25/03/2005, 9:54 PM
First half City played some good football, though it was going to b two or three nil. Second half absolute rubbish. I was in St. Anne's end, so I didn't see the penalty incident.

kevincronin2000
25/03/2005, 10:08 PM
Good first half hour, second half poor. Joe Gamble outstanding Around 6000 at the game.

Fair_play_boy
25/03/2005, 10:51 PM

A fool and his money......Never mind. There is always a place in heaven for an optimist.

adamd164
26/03/2005, 8:26 AM
Joe Gamble outstanding Around 6000 at the game.
He played well. I think Kearney was our best by a long way though. Murray was pathetic, give Coughlan a run!

KR's Post
26/03/2005, 9:14 AM
I think i'll be a litle more realistic,
I WAS being realistic!!!!! ;) You missed a great performance by the lads ROO.

KR's Post
26/03/2005, 9:17 AM
Im just home from the city game good crowd ,city should of been awarded a penalty
Ah come on..... :rolleyes: Give us a break. You guys drew with BRAY, gotta take it. I knew this would be the main talking point. Remember we were the underdogs and we dservedly got a point against a very very talented cork side. ;)

ccfcgirl
26/03/2005, 9:30 AM
Ah come on..... :rolleyes: Give us a break. You guys drew with BRAY, gotta take it. I knew this would be the main talking point. Remember we were the underdogs and we dservedly got a point against a very very talented cork side. ;)
Sorry i only had time for a quick post that time last night .Bray deserved a draw last night see my post on the bray section .It was just dissapointing for us .

Storysham
26/03/2005, 10:41 AM

A fool and his money......

What was i thinking, ricos programme notes made more sense than that bet. :ball: