PDA

View Full Version : Sacar Beo ar TG4

GalwayFrancis
21/03/2005, 6:11 PM
Sacar Beo - St. Pats v Bohs
Friday, 25 March 19:40

Live coverage of St. Patrick's Athletic v Bohemians from Richmond Park
in the second series of matches in the FAI Eircom League Premier Division.
Presented by Gearóid Mac Donncha. (Kick-off 7.45pm)

great to see irish soccer in irish, fair play tg4...i wonder how many matches
they'll be showing this season?

pete
21/03/2005, 8:11 PM
great to see irish soccer in irish, fair play tg4...i wonder how many matches they'll be showing this season?

7 League, 4 FAI Cup.

thejollyrodger
21/03/2005, 9:25 PM
can someone post all the times of the matches on the different channels?

Maybe they arent known yet

pineapple stu
21/03/2005, 9:44 PM
Maybe they arent known yet
None announced yet beyond Pat's-Bohs (bar the Setanta Cup obviously)

CollegeTillIDie
21/03/2005, 10:12 PM
I was advocationg this years ago. And it should have happened back in 1996, welcome nonetheless. They used to have a Sport magazine program called Sportiris and they covered the EL in terms of previewing games and had Charlie McGeever and Aidan Fitzmaurice providing analysis.
Even saw Terry Eviston on it once.
They have proven with their Spanish Soccer coverage a few years back that they can handle soccer. Should be interesting.
St.Pat's and Bohs fans, who can't make the match in person, will be fluent as Gaeilge by the weekend :)

BohDiddley
21/03/2005, 10:16 PM
I was advocationg this years ago. And it should have happened back in 1996, welcome nonetheless. They used to have a Sport magazine program called Sportiris and they covered the EL in terms of previewing games and had Charlie McGeever and Aidan Fitzmaurice providing analysis.
Even saw Terry Eviston on it once.
They have proven with their Spanish Soccer coverage a few years back that they can handle soccer. Should be interesting.
St.Pat's and Bohs fans, who can't make the match in person, will be fluent as Gaeilge by the weekend :)
Introducing Seamus O hEagraigh!!!
Where did I leave that Buntus Cainte? And where's the fadas on foot.ie?

Patrick Dunne
22/03/2005, 12:31 AM
.. ach bhfearr liom heroin. Nach bhfuil an fear dubh Seamus Aggrey saghas ramhar ?

Ba cheart do mbeidh formhor na cluichi teilifise suite sa tir, mar nil aon suim ag na Dubi (?) sa teanga, bionn said ag "shooting up", cosuil le Trevor, an t-am ar fad.

Is maith liom an Aimsir Laithreach. Nach bhfuil na cailini go h-alainn ?

Gaillimih Aontaithe go deo, beidh muid ar ais le cunamh De (agus Ollie).

harry crumb
22/03/2005, 1:01 AM
Is fear gorma é Aggrey is docha.

Patrick Dunne
22/03/2005, 1:34 AM
.. ta Seamus gorm. Ca bhfuil an fada Harry Crumb ?

Is peileadoir iontach e Marcin Symanski, ta se ag imirt le Gailimh Aontaithe. Cad a cheapann tu faoi Lee O'Feeney ?

Aberdonian Stu
22/03/2005, 8:13 AM
Is dócha go mbeidh Nemeton ag cur na cláracha sacar le chéile do TG4, déanann siad an chuid is mó den spórt dóibh.

Ar an phointe a chur An tUasal Ó Duinn i láthair nach bhfuil sé ar eolas agat go bhfuil an cuid is mó gaelgóirí ina chonaí sa phríomh****ae (cé go bhfuilimid ar nós Rodney Dangerfield mar ní féidir linn aon meas a fháil :D )? Mar sin is dóigh liom go bhfuil an cheart acu cluichí ina bhfuil foirneacha as Baile Átha Cliath páirteach iontu a thaispeáint. Ní gá go mbeadh mórán gaeilge agat chun breathnú ar cluiche ar aon nós.

Ar an pointe faoi Aggrey níl an cúis ar eolas agam ach úsáidtear an focal gorm in áit dubh.

Agus chun críoch a chur leis...

Má tá tú ag iarraidh fada a chur ar litir bain úsáíd as Alt Gr nó Ctrl agus Alt.

LFC in Exile
22/03/2005, 8:48 AM
The Spanish football on TG4 was great - miss that.

"Ta seans ag Barcelona". :)

Maybe TG4 might be more inclined to show First Division and in particular Galway matches. They obviously can't be too concerned about ratings if they are showing Pats. :)

crc
22/03/2005, 10:58 AM
Ar an pointe faoi Aggrey níl an cúis ar eolas agam ach úsáidtear an focal gorm in áit dubh.
I'm not 100% sure, but from what I remember of Irish class, I think "fear dubh" means something evil (like the devil) so when the Gaels actually came in to contact with Black people, they had to use some other word.

Troy.McClure
22/03/2005, 12:37 PM
I'm not 100% sure, but from what I remember of Irish class, I think "fear dubh" means something evil (like the devil) so when the Gaels actually came in to contact with Black people, they had to use some other word.

Fear gorum (sp) is the phrase if Im right.

wws
22/03/2005, 12:46 PM
The Spanish football on TG4 was great - miss that.

"Ta seans ag Barcelona". :)

Maybe TG4 might be more inclined to show First Division and in particular Galway matches. They obviously can't be too concerned about ratings if they are showing Pats. :)

best irish tv game and audience ever in this country????

Bohs v Pats

and who won?

Pats

Táimid d feckin the Business Lads. Is mise Hector amú i Pamplona avec la Naomh Pádraid de San Fermin agus no eadaí glasa agus nua agus gach rud lads, for the craic for the ceoil agus for the sacar........seo é an fear! Paul Keegan as Walkinstown lads....agus é anseo i mboston ag imirt leo no New England Revolution

Great stuff lads

drummerboy
22/03/2005, 12:51 PM
I'm going to Rovers v Shels on Friday night. Pity it clashes with the live football on TG4. As most people are off work on Friday, I thought Rovers might have switched the game to an afternoon kickoff.

dancinpants
22/03/2005, 5:22 PM
i wish i was even remotely good at irish

I know - this thread is depressing me :(

CuanaD
22/03/2005, 8:49 PM

Is that Irish they've been using in this thread?
:( :confused:

pete
22/03/2005, 9:40 PM
Who will do commentary in irish? Does Dolan speak irish? ;)

Be interested to see if they drag out their GAA/Celtic League 2003-2004/Soccer guys...

A face
22/03/2005, 10:26 PM

Cean Fáth ?? (spelling??) .... :D

JC_GUFC
22/03/2005, 10:39 PM

Yeah it's fear gorm, as in blue man.

I think fear dubh means someone black with dirt - though there are sure to be others who know better!

holidaysong
22/03/2005, 11:38 PM
Fear dubh would be a white guy but with a tanned look.

Aberdonian Stu
23/03/2005, 8:02 AM
The main commentator will be Garry Mac Donncha (I think), have no idea who the co-commentator will be. TG4 always find someone, Capt. Eoghan Ó Neachtáin did it fairly well for Rugby and they also had someone useful for Basketball. GAA guys were always easy enough to find. Would reckon on possibly someone with a Harps connection, they used to have a couple of lads from there as guests on Spórtiris(should never have been axed), although they might easily get Dara MacGabhann as well so who's to say really.

Patrick Dunne
23/03/2005, 12:15 PM
.. previously commentated on Celtic games on TG4, perhaps one of the above with Gary McDonnacha, and Seamus Aggrey giving post match analysis.

Aberdonian Stu
23/03/2005, 12:42 PM
Charlie McGeever was one of the guys I was thinking of, wouldn't be at all surprised if he's the co-commentator.

harpskid
23/03/2005, 8:39 PM
Charlie McGeever was one of the guys I was thinking of, wouldn't be at all surprised if he's the co-commentator.

Ah, good aul Charlie. Knows his stuff, apart from when it comes to cup final tactics :mad: