PDA

View Full Version : Croatia Friendly

Neil
15/06/2001, 8:24 PM
15/06/01: The Republic of Ireland will play a friendly against Croatia at Lansdowne Road on August 15th as part of preparations for their remaining World Cup qualifiers against Holland and Cyprus.

Coach Mick McCarthy last week turned down an offer from Italy to play a friendly in September as he felt the date was too close to the clash with the Dutch, although Ireland may play the Italians at a later date.

Croatia are ranked 19th in the latest FIFA rankings, with the Republic in 27th spot. - Reuters

joe
15/06/2001, 9:34 PM
better than the usual third rate sides we normally play, eh james? :D :D

James
15/06/2001, 9:45 PM
croatia though no matter how highly rated...they r just not germany or italy or spain...even if they were higher in those non sensical fifa rankings... i mean they have the USA several places above us as well as other stupid teams i cant remember at the mo..

does anyone really think the usa are better then us:confused:

A face
16/06/2001, 12:04 AM
The USA womens team are far more attrative and successful.

Have you seen some of them, shwing .... they have it all going on, and their captain .... say no more, 'cos i wont listen

Play with your balls, sisters ... you're doin' just fine

joe
16/06/2001, 10:43 AM
I heard they have a nice pairing up front and are very tight through the middle :D

Éanna
16/06/2001, 11:25 AM
He probably is the coolest. You got that right. Btw, shouldn't this have been moved to off-topic by now?:D