PDA

View Full Version : N’Iron v England

drummerboy
21/03/2005, 1:40 PM
Just wondering what the chances are of N Ireland beating England on Saturday. What is the N Ireland team likely to be. Will young Davis of Aston Villa start.

Beats
21/03/2005, 2:24 PM
cant wait for the match myself....im heading over on friday with the green and white army! my team would be....

GK: Taylor

LB: McCartney
RB: Baird
CB: Hughes
CB: Murdock

LM: Capaldi
RM: Johnson
CM: Whitley
CM: Davis

FW: Healy
FW: Elliot

realisticly we dont have a chance against a team of such individual quality but football can be a funny game and we WILL be up for it!

drummerboy
21/03/2005, 4:46 PM
No place for Gillespie then, even though he seems to be playing well at the moment.

Beats
21/03/2005, 5:02 PM
I think gillespie is a great player, playes with heart and passion......but damo johnson is playing at a higher level and tends to be more consistant with his final ball.....great sub to have thoguh!

Lionel Ritchie
21/03/2005, 5:16 PM
I said before on OWC -I think NI should have a right go at them for the first ten minutes or so of each half.
No point or need in containing them from the off as they have good quality in all areas but are nowhere near as good as their own press thinks they are.

You always have a chance in this game.

C'mon Norn Iron!!!!

conboy
21/03/2005, 5:40 PM
The best of luck to Northern Ireland, don't think ye'll need a script for this game Sanchez will have his ideas and the players will work their socks off something you could rarely accuse les anglaise of :D

Green Tribe
21/03/2005, 8:43 PM
i think northern ireland will do well, sometimes england have struggled against lesser teams recently, especially in qualifications, slovakia, moldova, azerbaijan etc. NI need to keep this in mind and go out and attack, i think they will have a big support in the crowd. i just hope the english hooligans don't use this as a opportunity to cause trouble....

all the best to the lads, hope they do us proud.....

:D

thejollyrodger
21/03/2005, 10:14 PM
I reckon Norn Iron will give it a good effort but I reckon England will win 3 or 4 nill.

Best of luck anyway lads, who knows, you might get a draw

CollegeTillIDie
21/03/2005, 11:19 PM
as I qualify to play for Northern Ireland through my mother( eligible just not enough talent) being born in Belfast.... C'MON THE WEE NORTH :D

CollegeTillIDie
21/03/2005, 11:20 PM
cant wait for the match myself....im heading over on friday with the green and white army! my team would be....

GK: Taylor

LB: McCartney
RB: Baird
CB: Hughes
CB: Murdock

LM: Capaldi
RM: Johnson
CM: Whitley
CM: Davis

FW: Healy
FW: Elliot

realisticly we dont have a chance against a team of such individual quality but football can be a funny game and we WILL be up for it!

Beats
that was what they said in 1972 and in 1985 ;)

Closed Account 2
22/03/2005, 1:11 AM
Elliot and Healy are two decent strikers youve got a chance. Stuart Elliot is in a good bit of form for Hull of late.

gspain
22/03/2005, 6:09 AM
Will be cheering you on by text as doubt if they'll be showing the game around the stadium in Tel Aviv but good luck anyway and in Poland on Wednesday. Northern Ireland have pulled off shocks before and I think this England team is over-rated.

-lamb-
22/03/2005, 1:59 PM
realistically no one expects us to win but as long as we give it a good go and don't collapse then i think most supporters will be reasonably happy.
you never know, with a bit of luck we could give them a scare and maybe cause an upset. ;)

Rebal Boy
23/03/2005, 11:21 AM
Best of luck Northern Ireland. I would just love to see ye beat them. Its going to be very tough for ye. Do yourselfs proud anyway.

TheJamaicanP.M.
23/03/2005, 3:54 PM
as I qualify to play for Northern Ireland through my mother( eligible just not enough talent) being born in Belfast.... C'MON THE WEE NORTH :D

You must be a very poor player so. :D

like a badger
24/03/2005, 4:45 AM
I see Beckam was asked to identify some key NI players in an interview on Sky Sports yesterday. He replied with " I don't like to single out individual players" jibe. I bet a pound to a penny he can't even name 1 player. He described Lawrie Sanchez as "the manager". What a dope! I hope someone breaks him up good........ :eek:

ciaran76
24/03/2005, 4:27 PM
Best of luck to N. Ireland for Sats. game i hope you pull off a shock result. :)

ciaran76
24/03/2005, 4:28 PM
a draw would even be considered a shock i reckon ;)

sligoman
24/03/2005, 9:04 PM
Just wondering what the chances are of N Ireland beating England on Saturday.

A million to one :D .
Would love to see Northern Ireland do it, but sadly, they haven't got a hope.

ccfcman
25/03/2005, 9:17 AM
Its a shame Northern Ireland will get thumped, as a matter of interest how will England be recieved by the "fans"?

CollegeTillIDie
25/03/2005, 10:06 AM
You must be a very poor player so. :D

I'm 43 overweight and have ticker problems pal :cool:

Atlanta
25/03/2005, 12:12 PM
Sadly for Northern Ireland they will lose to a very strong England side, this in no way suggest that the Irish are not going to give them a game.

But i think at the end of the day the Northern Ireland side are up against one of the best sides in the world, possible score will be 3-0 to England.

Eire06
25/03/2005, 12:16 PM
Don't know who I want too see loose more :confused:..

Well I suppose I'll go for the underdogs but they don't have a chance really do they

sligoman
25/03/2005, 3:18 PM
a very strong England side

Ya Sure! ;)

Northern Ireland are up against one of the best sides in the world,

:D :D :D

sligoman
26/03/2005, 4:37 PM
England 4-0 Northern Ireland. 10 Minutes left.

FarBeag
26/03/2005, 4:57 PM
WEll,Its **** that England won but I wont shed any tears this time.Up the republic

gael353
27/03/2005, 1:06 PM
BBC 1 northern isle, yesterday "now we'll go back to the BOD (a bar in Belfast i presume) to hear our boys"....interviwer in bar is being jostled as he tries to interview two supporters while all the time in the backround "we are, we are we are billies boys, and we're up to our kneck in fenian......you know the rest.
Bck in studio that bigot says and "even when we'e winning, (which isnt often) drawing or losing they still sing!"
And the anthems, were most of the norn irish lAds singing GSTQ? England A versus England D IMO

MikeW
27/03/2005, 1:32 PM
And the anthems, were most of the norn irish lAds singing GSTQ? England A versus England D IMO

Anthems? There was only one anthem played. GSTQ is the Northern Ireland anthem too. Even Scotland and Wales have their own anthems, absolutely pathetic that NI still use that dirge as theirs.

holidaysong
27/03/2005, 2:59 PM
Anthems? There was only one anthem played. GSTQ is the Northern Ireland anthem too. Even Scotland and Wales have their own anthems, absolutely pathetic that NI still use that dirge as theirs.

In fairness what else are they meant to use?

gael353
27/03/2005, 5:22 PM
In fairness what else are they meant to use?

Anything! i mean if the rugby crowd insist on using the dirge irelands call, i woudlnt care if it was nadine from girls alowed singing my rubber duckie! Singing the oppostions anthem is like telling them we're on your side (football wise)

Atlanta
27/03/2005, 7:28 PM
England 4-0 Northern Ireland. 10 Minutes left.

Well Northern Ireland met and played A STRONG ENGLAND side and sadly got beat, but they did themselves proud. Whether you like it or not England are one off the best sides in the World FACT not FICTION, so give Northern Ireland some credit as they where not playing some minnows.

motorcycleman
28/03/2005, 11:13 AM
As N.I. is one of the British home nations GSTQ is as much N.I.'s anthem as it is England's.It was right to play it for both.

CollegeTillIDie
28/03/2005, 11:51 AM
The fact remains like it or not that of the 207 member Nations of FIFA the wee North is the only one without it's own anthem. Wales have one and Scotland have one. Andorra has one, even the Pacific Island states have them (population outnubered 15 to 1 by seabirds) ;)

Plastic man
28/03/2005, 12:12 PM
The fact remains like it or not that of the 207 member Nations of FIFA the wee North is the only one without it's own anthem. Wales have one and Scotland have one. Andorra has one, even the Pacific Island states have them (population outnubered 15 to 1 by seabirds) ;)

True , but at least we don't play our home internationals in a rugby stadium :D ;)

motorcycleman
29/03/2005, 7:06 PM
Davros,embarrassing yourself again."a country of sorts,no thanks to the planters.Yawn.

Planters brought new farming methods.
Cleared many forests.
Grew huge amount of crops.
Flax grown for first time.
Potatoes grown for first time.
New towns created and were carefully planned.
Each town had a church, courthouse, townhall.
New and better roads built.
How many universities were in Ireland prior to the planters ?

The Republic since partition was in an economic wilderness of mass emigration/poverty until recently.

I read in the Aer Lingus magazine going to the match on Saturday about the elderly Irish emigrants in London sending home an estimated 4.4million to their families which in turn helped the irish economy.Today they are living in terrible conditions in the U.K.

Back to the football thread please,Davros.

SaucyJack
30/03/2005, 7:20 PM
Davros,embarrassing yourself again."a country of sorts,no thanks to the planters.Yawn.

Planters brought new farming methods.
Cleared many forests.
Grew huge amount of crops.
Flax grown for first time.
Potatoes grown for first time.
New towns created and were carefully planned.
Each town had a church, courthouse, townhall.
New and better roads built.
How many universities were in Ireland prior to the planters ?

The Republic since partition was in an economic wilderness of mass emigration/poverty until recently.

I read in the Aer Lingus magazine going to the match on Saturday about the elderly Irish emigrants in London sending home an estimated 4.4million to their families which in turn helped the irish economy.Today they are living in terrible conditions in the U.K.

Back to the football thread please,Davros.

do you castigate people who refer to people from the Republic as "Mexicans", "Beggars" or "tinkers" on other "football" sites?....the fact that the situation in the North still reverberates til this day kind of negates all of you're "positive" points...hypothetically, I think most people whould've rather stayed poor than put up with all the bull****.

Green Tribe
11/04/2005, 1:34 AM
it makes me vomit that 'God shave the Queer' is played for northern ireland, whilst scotland and wales have their own. one reason why i could not be happy going to northern ireland games. i would love to be able to support fully both teams on the island. i am from northern ireland and i would support northern ireland as well as the ireland team if they got rid of some of the bigot gits and that horrific piece of music, it is unacceptable. i am surprised they are even allowed to play in green! they could pick a neutral song rightly. i love danny boy, it would be very good to play or choose another neutral powerful number :mad: