PDA

View Full Version : Player Ratings from Ballybofey

pete
20/03/2005, 10:19 PM
Devine 7/10 In right place for couple of shots straight at him, couple of corners to clear, never troubled.
Hoggie 7/10 Again not troubled much, used ball well going forward.
Bennet 7/10 Couple of trackled on forwards, not much to do.
Murray 8/10 Some good clearances, in right place when needed.
Murphy 7/10 Same as Hoggie
Woods 6/10 Didn't seem to get into game that much
George 8/10 Got forward well, hit the post in first half.
Gamble 9/10 Everywhere in midfield, never lost possession, drove forward on the break with purpose.
Kearney 8/10 Most of play down the left wing, got few crosses in.
Doyle 8/10 Like O'Flynn not sharp enough in front of goal.
O'Flynn 7/10 Should have had a few goals in 2nd half, Caught offside too much.

Very professional overall. Never let Harps into the game. Very little hoofing, Rico must have encouraged to play passing football. Used wings a good bit more than last season too.

Fair_play_boy
20/03/2005, 11:13 PM
Thanks Pete. Good to read reports like this when I can't get to the game.

patsh
21/03/2005, 8:05 AM
Agree with you ratings there, pete.

Billy was shocking, don't understand why he was left on for the whole game.
The really encouraging thing for me was the way we got and retained possession. Harps simply couldn't get the ball.
Maybe the fixtures will work out well for us, we should have at least 10 points (fingers crossed) when we go to Bohs, be completely match-fit and playing with confidence. If we have between 11 and 15 points after our first 5 games, I think it will be another really good season for us.

Éanna
21/03/2005, 12:02 PM
Devine- 7. Dealt with everything comfortably, and was his usual vocal self.
Hoggy- 7 Came forward well, I think the winger might have got past him once in the whole game. Mr consistency as usual.
Benno- 7 Solid as a rock. Nobody looked like getting past him and he used the ball well.
Dan- 8 That's more like it! More like the Dan of old. Confident on the ball, passed well, even made a few runs forward, and positioning was very good.
Murphy- 8 His positioning(whichI have criticised before) was very good, made some good tackles and got forward well too.
Billy- 6 Was poor enough, but I thought he came into the game more and more. He's capable of better.
George- 9 Excellent. Could have scored at least once and used the ball really, really well. Can only recall him giving the ball away badly once.
Gamble- 10. One of the most complete performances I've seen from a City midfielder. He was on the edge of his own box when he needed to be, played the simple ball well and didn't let harps play at all. Also broke forward a few times. A really intelligent, comitted display.
Kearney-8 Excellent for the most part, but should have scored at least once.
Doyle- 8 Really grew into the game after a quiet start. took his goal excellently, used the ball very cleverly and won headers he had no right to win.
Flynny- 7 Looked short of fitness, could and should have scored a few, but that goal will do his confidence no harm. A few more games and he should be back to his best.

Colm
21/03/2005, 12:04 PM
Devine 7/10 In right place for couple of shots straight at him, couple of corners to clear, never troubled.
Hoggie 7/10 Again not troubled much, used ball well going forward.
Bennet 7/10 Couple of trackled on forwards, not much to do.
Murray 8/10 Some good clearances, in right place when needed.
Murphy 7/10 Same as Hoggie
Woods 6/10 Didn't seem to get into game that much
George 8/10 Got forward well, hit the post in first half.
Gamble 9/10 Everywhere in midfield, never lost possession, drove forward on the break with purpose.
Kearney 8/10 Most of play down the left wing, got few crosses in.
Doyle 8/10 Like O'Flynn not sharp enough in front of goal.
O'Flynn 7/10 Should have had a few goals in 2nd half, Caught offside too much.

I think those ratings are quite fair Pete. I was disappointed that Fenn didn't get a run though, I mean what does the guy have to do to get into the team!

pete
21/03/2005, 12:27 PM
Gamble- 10. One of the most complete performances I've seen from a City midfielder. He was on the edge of his own box when he needed to be, played the simple ball well and didn't let harps play at all. Also broke forward a few times. A really intelligent, comitted display.

Gamble was excellent against very poor opposition. Been mentioned elsewhere before but very Hunt-esque performance. Hes not as inventive as Georgie but doesn't just sit in front of his back four. Very noticable the way he drove forward at the Harps defense when he had the chance trying to draw in defenders.

sullanefc
21/03/2005, 5:24 PM
Though Gamble had a great game but my Man of the Match would have to be Kearney. I thought he was outstanding and very lively