PDA

View Full Version : RTE TV & Radio

nr637
23/05/2018, 7:47 AM
What is it with RTE Sport coverage again and again!

They announce the TV coverage of Shams vs Dundalk in June as if it was the next weekly match while as most followers know they haven't shown a match on TV since mid April!

And the Champions played in Limerick on Monday night and the Sports reports on Tuesday mention the results while interviewing the runners-up about their win over Waterford. And today they interview St. Pats after their defeat to Shams 3-0, while both teams are mid-table.

Do they realise who won the double last year and are challenging with the Dalk for the league title again!

:rolleyes:

ArFella
23/05/2018, 8:03 AM
Oh RTÉ are even worse than that nr, they're not even showing the Rovers-Dundalk game, it's on Eir Sports!

Ezeikial
23/05/2018, 8:54 AM
Having a post match interview from a match where the 3rd placed team are playing the league leaders is bad enough, but to have two mid table teams on the sports news is outrageous.

Maybe the answer is a blanket sports ban when Cork are not playing?

nr637
23/05/2018, 9:14 AM
Even the Sports reporters must be aware of the news coverage!

If you are reporting the current results like Tuesday on RTE Radio 1 and you end up with interviews from mid-table Dublin teams, you must question the Producer why are we ignoring the current Champions and teams 1st & 2nd in the current league race that were also playing a match!

nr637
23/05/2018, 9:16 AM
Oh RTÉ are even worse than that nr, they're not even showing the Rovers-Dundalk game, it's on Eir Sports!

Nice 1 m8!

Even Eir have not shown a live game for awhile from the Airtricity League!

Johnnie C
26/05/2018, 9:54 PM
Why do people constantly give RTÉ grief yet give Newstalk a free pass every time. Sat into my car after Limerick v Cork last Monday night and they were talking about Liverpool, didn't even call out the scores from the games, yet alone go into any detail about them. 3 hours of sport every week night, how much of that devoted to soccer here? They used to squeeze in 15 minutes in on a Tuesday, do they even bother with that anymore?? Joke of a station, their sport content seems to be confined to eggchasing and English soccer.

total hoofball
26/05/2018, 11:18 PM
Of course live TV coverage is a shambles in the LOI

Bunch load of games live on TV at the start of the season, then when GAA season hits there's nothing utter zilch, if a LOI club 'really' progresses in Europe then maybe a game live in August, then bunch load of games from 2nd half of September onwards (end of season/business season fair enough but consistency is needed to grow a reliable and familiar product)

Blame only the FAI from not mandating a rigorous and consistent live coverage in the contracts agreed with the respective TV companies (RTE & EirSport)

Martinho II
27/05/2018, 7:15 AM
Why do people constantly give RTÉ grief yet give Newstalk a free pass every time. Sat into my car after Limerick v Cork last Monday night and they were talking about Liverpool, didn't even call out the scores from the games, yet alone go into any detail about them. 3 hours of sport every week night, how much of that devoted to soccer here? They used to squeeze in 15 minutes in on a Tuesday, do they even bother with that anymore?? Joke of a station, their sport content seems to be confined to eggchasing and English soccer.

in fainess to newstalk they have the loi slot with jamie moore and darren cleary on off the ball podcast midweek and some weeks stewie byrne does be on off the ball on thursdays about loi. daniel mcdonnell does mention them a lot. i am sure other people would back me on them.

sullanefc
27/05/2018, 10:09 AM

I agree with you, Off the Ball us doing the bare minimum when it comes to LOI. I've noticed though that they pre record a lot of their content so what you are listening to is not always live. Having said that, whenever they are live, they should be calling out scores of loi matches. It's also annoying that they finish at 9 on a friday. It would be nice to sit into the car after a match and have the other scores called out.

colonelwest
27/05/2018, 12:33 PM
Eir sports usually cover a rake of games over the summer every year, along with the early rounds of the Euro qualifying rounds

White Horse
27/05/2018, 12:49 PM
in fainess to newstalk they have the loi slot with jamie moore and darren cleary on off the ball podcast midweek and some weeks stewie byrne does be on off the ball on thursdays about loi. daniel mcdonnell does mention them a lot. i am sure other people would back me on them.

Newstalk are also not levying a tax on the public.

Straightstory
27/05/2018, 1:56 PM
Agree - Newstalk is useless.

Nesta99
28/05/2018, 2:12 PM
There seems to be an unusual amount of leeway given to focus on and cover sports and teams of personal interest to the sports journalist rather than having to provide broader sports coverage. The FAI dont help things but depending on who is giving the radio sports bulletin often you can predict the type of coverage thats coming. Do they have editors to say to them that its sporting news not Liverpool FC radio news et al. You shouldnt be able to tell who a journalist supports but especially on RTE.ie it is often glaringly obvious.

GCdfc
28/05/2018, 3:14 PM
Sounds like someone needs a hug. They don't like ya because they are Jackeens and you are Langers. Basic tribalism.