PDA

View Full Version : Derry City Info Please

SMWrexhamFC
20/03/2005, 10:06 PM
Hi

I am doing some research on ex Wrexham players and one player called Jackie Keay, he left Wrexham in the summer of 1986 and went on to play for Derry City.

Would anyone know any more about his career statistics from then please?

Cheers

CollegeTillIDie
20/03/2005, 10:11 PM
He played for Derry from 1986/87 into the 1990's as far as I can recall. However one of their own supporters may be able to tell you more.
As far as I know he was Assistant manager for a while after he hung up his boots and as far as I know he still lives there and is married to a local woman.
( Derry women are among the best looking on the island of Ireland) ;)

MariborKev
20/03/2005, 11:35 PM
SM

I will get in touch with the fella who does the stats for the programme and try and get some percise details for you.

Jack played in the late 80s and played in the historic treble winning side of 1989. He was also assistant manager for two separate spells in the mid 1990s.

He did indeed marry a local girl and run a mortgage business locally. I can provide you the contact details if you are interested?

SMWrexhamFC
22/03/2005, 8:44 PM
Thanks for the replies, any info is appreciated.

I am also enquiring about Dave Warren who left Wrexham I can't remember the team he went to in the Irish League!

pineapple stu
22/03/2005, 8:51 PM
I am also enquiring about Dave Warren who left Wrexham I can't remember the team he went to in the Irish League!
Is he the lad who ended up at Cobh last season? Scored ten goals, I think - six in one match against Monaghan - but has retired now due to work commitments. Think he was on one of the successful Irish underage teams back in '98?

SMWrexhamFC
24/03/2005, 6:34 PM
Yes he signed for Cobh Ramblers and did score six in one game according to my source!

Am looking for career stats after he left Wrexham, he played for a junior team before Wrexham signed him along with a lad called Anthony Wolfe who also went back over to Ireland.

Cheers

pineapple stu
24/03/2005, 6:49 PM
he played for a junior team before Wrexham signed him along with a lad called Anthony Wolfe who also went back over to Ireland.

Wolfe also played for Cobh. Try a post in the Cobh forum - sure there's one or two who could help you out.

Éanna
24/03/2005, 7:19 PM
warren was at cork city for a while- 2 years i think- before signing for ramblers, but he didn't play for the first team much

thecorner
24/03/2005, 7:31 PM
warren was at cork city for a while- 2 years i think

always think he was hard done by at city

Gerrit
09/04/2005, 10:13 PM
( Derry women are among the best looking on the island of Ireland) ;)

Can't deny that after Shels' visit to the Brandywell yesterday. Not seen too many young women in the crowd, but the ones I saw were awesome :eek:
I have heard before girls in Northern Ireland are prettier than south of the border. I may have to consider going out in Belfast or Derry... ;)

Closed Account
11/04/2005, 4:01 PM
What's the name of the ex Derry city manager, sean dyches, or something like that? I can't find any information on him anywhere. Probably I have the wrong name or spelling.

Closed Account
11/04/2005, 4:14 PM
Excuse my ignorance. It was Gavin Dykes of course. He's been linked with a Junior soccer club in Mayo. Castlebar Celtic. Apparently he was at their game on Sunday. Big step down for him from a club like yours.

harpskid
11/04/2005, 4:18 PM
Bound to be a step down for Castlebar Celtic too :D