PDA

View Full Version : Shelsweb Relaunched

Gareth
20/03/2005, 7:04 PM
I just relaunched the Shelbourne Website.

http://www.shelbournefc.ie

I still have all the old info and archive stuff to put up and Matchzone is not working until next saturday.

A face
20/03/2005, 7:09 PM
Where did you get the design this time ?? :p

thejollyrodger
20/03/2005, 7:19 PM
great timing for the new season :)

looks well :)

Gareth
20/03/2005, 7:23 PM

*sigh*

A face
20/03/2005, 7:42 PM
*sigh*

I am winding ffs :D

Looks well actually !!

Gareth
21/03/2005, 8:01 AM
Cheers A Face :)

ThatGuy
21/03/2005, 9:36 AM
The design is nicked from the PremiumTV football sites in England.

Again.

:rolleyes:

Gareth
21/03/2005, 9:51 AM
No its not. I am not arguing this point cos its pointless, but I have spent ages doing this and I basically sat down with a pen and paper and designed it out. Whether it has similiar structure to other football sites, well there you go, its bound to look like sites in aspects of it. Anyways I don't really care cos its not copied from anywhere.

ThatGuy
21/03/2005, 10:27 AM
No its not. I am not arguing this point cos its pointless, but I have spent ages doing this and I basically sat down with a pen and paper and designed it out. Whether it has similiar structure to other football sites, well there you go, its bound to look like sites in aspects of it. Anyways I don't really care cos its not copied from anywhere.

http://www.iol.ie/~gav/11.jpg

Must be a coincidence then! Funny it is the same design you were accused of ripping off before! ;)

Who cares if you copy a design, so what, it's a bit ridiculous that you deny it when asked though! I actually think that what you have done with it is an improvement to be honest, and it looks very good.

Gareth
21/03/2005, 10:40 AM
Thanks thou for saying its good. We have lots to add to it as well.

For what its worth, I never been to that site, and I made a conscience effort not to look at other sites whilst developing cos of what previously occured. If you look at the rest of the site, you'd find it would be completely different. I'm not claiming to be original but I didn't sit down and cog a site.

John83
21/03/2005, 11:03 AM
The design is nicked from the PremiumTV football sites in England.

Again.

:rolleyes:
FFS, who gives a toss?

Gareth
21/03/2005, 11:05 AM
Where is Boh Diddley, he has another phone call to make. :)

BohDiddley
21/03/2005, 12:22 PM
Did someone call? :p
Wow -- that one must have hit deep. Problem is, I wasn't your whistle-blower. You've got your tags in a twist.
The new site uses a template, right? But I don't think that takes away from it -- credit where it's due. It looks well, and I wish all EL clubs could attain that standard.

Gareth
21/03/2005, 1:52 PM
Did someone call? :p
Wow -- that one must have hit deep. Problem is, I wasn't your whistle-blower. You've got your tags in a twist.
The new site uses a template, right? But I don't think that takes away from it -- credit where it's due. It looks well, and I wish all EL clubs could attain that standard.

Hiya :)

Oh sorry, my tags are in a twist alright. Apologises. Template, well basically everything is dynamic and depends on Database values to dictate the look and feel. For example I have 5 different news types, so in the main page news, you can have image and text, text, ad style entry, ad style with image and plain awl announcement. Its all written in php. Took a while to get things right and there are still bugs but over time....

Thanks for the kind words Boh! Sorry for the mix up :)

BohDiddley
21/03/2005, 5:03 PM
Not at all, and bear in mind that it's faint enough praise because I don't want to be barred from Gypsies-Web ;) (if I haven't been already).