View Full Version : Quarter Final Results

amarach
20/03/2005, 2:43 PM
Rockmount v Avondale

Rockmount won 1-0, Penalty scored by Mickey Deasy

razor
22/03/2005, 11:03 AM
What a sickener.
7 minutes to go and dubious to say the least.
Game was even steven and heading for a replay.
It was ball to hand, players hand by his side.
A Big get out of jail card for Rockmount.

good to see Douglas Hall get a draw in Dublin

Crambler
22/03/2005, 12:13 PM
hall should have won on sunday,let's hope they can finish the job next sunday.i still think they can go all the way .can still be an all cork final after the semi draw yesterday.

Crambler
29/03/2005, 9:25 AM
douglas hall 3 lissadell 0
good solid all round performance by the hall with dave moore man of the match.roll on wayside celtic,still think hall can make the final after a replay with wayside.anything can happen in cup football.

Clifford
29/03/2005, 10:38 AM
What a sickener.
7 minutes to go and dubious to say the least.
Game was even steven and heading for a replay.
It was ball to hand, players hand by his side.
A Big get out of jail card for Rockmount.

good to see Douglas Hall get a draw in Dublin

Ball to hand? Good grief. If it wasn't for the ref ignoring the blatent hand ball by Noel ten mins earlier it would have been two nailed on pens to the champs.

It was even steven cos john Cotter and his boys kicked the living life out of the champs. Until the ref finally woke up and dispatched the lad.

Great to see football win out again.

razor
30/03/2005, 11:29 AM
Ball to hand? Good grief. If it wasn't for the ref ignoring the blatent hand ball by Noel ten mins earlier..I take it your agreeing with me then. If the players hand is by his side and the ball is kicked against it then its ball to hand. You'd really have to see it without the yellow and green glasses. ;)

It was even steven cos john Cotter and his boys kicked the living life out of the champs. Until the ref finally woke up and dispatched the lad. I'm sure Doyler & Keane would know absolutely nothing about kicking :eek: Lovely clean boys the pair of em. ;)

Clifford
30/03/2005, 12:57 PM
I take it your agreeing with me then. If the players hand is by his side and the ball is kicked against it then its ball to hand. You'd really have to see it without the yellow and green glasses. ;)

I'm sure Doyler & Keane would know absolutely nothing about kicking :eek: Lovely clean boys the pair of em. ;)

I'm emphasising that there were 2 stupid handballs by big Noel, one was punished rightfully and one was incredibly ignored. The most obvious hanball of all time led to the award of the spotter and if you can't admit that then table tennis is the game for you.

Doyler gets all his yellows for mouthin, silly but it makes him tick. I've never seen Pat K make tackles anywhere as filthy as JC did on 4 occassions in that game. Pity JC can't keep up any more, was brillo as a striker in his day.

razor
31/03/2005, 10:11 AM
Doyler gets all his yellows for mouthin, silly but it makes him tick. I've never seen Pat K make tackles anywhere as filthy as JC did on 4 occassions in that game.You obviously haven't seen much of either him or Doyle but as your a newbie sure we'll leave you off. There were a lot of Sunday mornings in Temple Park and a few early baths to boot.
Through the injustice of it all, I still hope a Cork team can win the Intermediate Cup, No harm for ye to get an oul away draw for a change though.

Clifford
31/03/2005, 10:13 AM
You obviously haven't seen much of either him or Doyle but as your a newbie sure we'll leave you off. There were a lot of Sunday mornings in Temple Park and a few early baths to boot.
Through the injustice of it all, I still hope a Cork team can win the Intermediate Cup, No harm for ye to get an oul away draw for a change though.

A newbie to where? Good grief, the injustice of it all. Filthy kickers lose again to Rockmount shock. Ha ha. Don't be bitter all yer life.

The boys Keane and Doyler are class on a bike and reduced the once decent JC to filth.

razor
31/03/2005, 10:21 AM
A newbie to where? Good grief, the injustice of it all. Filthy kickers lose again to Rockmount shock. Ha ha. Don't be bitter all yer life.

The boys Keane and Doyler are class on a bike and reduced the once decent JC to filth.As a City fan of many years I can tell you Cotter was never class and I still don't rate him. The other 2 are much the same.

Theres no bitterness here bud, you have to move on, whats done is done. 2 wins out of 2 to get back on track over the Easter weekend and a trip to Clonmel next month. Its all good.
Best of Luck n the Semis. ;)

Clifford
31/03/2005, 10:26 AM
As a City fan of many years I can tell you Cotter was never class and I still don't rate him. The other 2 are much the same.

Theres no bitterness here bud, you have to move on, whats done is done. 2 wins out of 2 to get back on track over the Easter weekend and a trip to Clonmel next month. Its all good.
Best of Luck n the Semis. ;)

I never said he was class, decent is the word used. Class in MSL/Intermediate standards the two Mount lads are.

I've well and truly moved on, (one nil, Deasy.............)and look forward to more fun in the league later on - it's only all fun and banter anyhow. As my sig says.

razor
31/03/2005, 10:35 AM
and look forward to more fun in the league later on - it's only all fun and banter anyhow. As my sig says.Of course ;)

drummerboy
31/03/2005, 12:27 PM
Belgrove beat Mount Merrion last night in Whitehall, 2 -1. Belgrove now meet Rockmout in semi-final. Tight game.

amarach
02/04/2005, 10:43 AM
This is gonna be an excellent game, Rockmount and Belgrove once again, whooooohoooo especially with them beating Rockmount 2 years ago in the replay final and then Rockmount knocking them outta the cup last year, the nerves I wouldn't miss it for the world!!!!!

An All Cork Final it may well be!!!