PDA

View Full Version : Web Football

hamish
19/03/2005, 11:31 PM
Has anyone any information regarding viewing football on the web - live. I was interested in watching the US v Honduras game and tried ESPN, who cover a lot of football on their channel, but no luck, just the score.
Any ideas/data/info??

Aberdonian Stu
22/03/2005, 8:33 AM
Well I can't help you with that but www.conferencefootball.tv shows lots of games from the conference. Quite sad I reckon.

Junior
22/03/2005, 12:02 PM
Sky Sports Broadband Service might be worth looking into. Not live but worth a look.

http://www.skysports.com/skysports/home

Any particular team? I think a number of the bigger teams have their own technology in place. i.e. celtfc.net has replay service you can watch games live on the net (depending on where you are based) Im sure a fair few of the other clubs have similar offerings.

Metrostars
22/03/2005, 7:12 PM
Has anyone any information regarding viewing football on the web - live. I was interested in watching the US v Honduras game and tried ESPN, who cover a lot of football on their channel, but no luck, just the score.
Any ideas/data/info??

The US-Honduras game was on the Fox Soccer Channel in the US, not ESPN. The game itself wasnt that great as the US played mostly reserves and took it easy with the game being play in Albuquerque at high altitude in preparation for Sunday's game at Mexico City. You can catch a clip of Eddie Johnson's goal and highlights at ussoccer.com and scroll down to All-Access video. (good locker room video & interviews)

Next US game is against El Tri on Sunday at the Azteca. Biggest game so far. It's on ESPN2 over here at 1pm EST.

Also, some Korean TV channels also broadcast on the net. Some times the connections are easily lost and the picture quite poor. But it worked for me when I could not go to my local to watch the France-Ireland game on Setanta a while back, I was able to watch it on one of these Korean webcasts. Info can be found out here: http://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showthread.php?t=53843&page=1&pp=15