PDA

View Full Version : One Team. One Dream. Won Friday Night

writerbk1969
11/05/2018, 8:59 PM
Started a new website with details on the new book. I'll be launching it between June 1-30 in as many places as possible.
Confirmed dates are in the blog section of www.briankennedywriter.com (http://www.briankennedywriter.com)
It will be on sale via there for a while and then from the FAI website and Amazon.co.uk
Almost 300 pages , it retails in shops (hopefully club shops) for €12.99 (€17.50 on my site including P&P)
If you are attending one of the launches it'll be only €10.

At the moment its Limited Edition... There's also a pre-order section in the website as well

Few dates left and trying to include First Division clubs as well.

Kind Regards
Brian

https://foot.ie/attachment.php?attachmentid=2677&stc=1

writerbk1969
30/05/2018, 3:03 PM
The book will be launched in the following places. The Beer Garden (Cork) 1st June. Roanmore Centre (Waterford) 2nd June. Shamrock Rovers megastore (June 9th ) Market's Field (Limerick FC) June 15h.
Galway June 30th (provisional) Mooneys (Sligo Rovers) June 30th

The book is available , currently, in the Derry City shop & Foyle Books, Derey. Barker & Jones, Naas. Newsround, Longford (saturday 2nd), Book Centre (Waterford, Kilkenny - June 4th )

You can check out more about the book on www.briankennedywriter.com

writerbk1969
16/06/2018, 6:49 PM
The book is now available on the FAI website .....https://www.faishop.com/One-Team-One-Dream

pineapple stu
16/06/2018, 6:55 PM
Fair dues. Who'd you bribe to get that sorted?

writerbk1969
19/06/2018, 6:52 PM
lol - ah they were more than happy to help out

pineapple stu
19/06/2018, 6:59 PM
Did you have any particular contact?

Have my own little project out shortly; wouldn't mind following your lead. :)

writerbk1969
23/06/2018, 4:09 PM
Depends what your project is? If its an LOI book I'm sure they'd help out

EatYerGreens
23/06/2018, 4:44 PM
Did you have any particular contact?

Have my own little project out shortly; wouldn't mind following your lead. :)

A history of UCD AFC ?

pineapple stu
23/06/2018, 6:11 PM
I think the print run of that would be rather small! Too small to have potential sales sitting on the FAI website.

No, it's a look at the experience of playing in Europe from an LoI point of view (writerbk has probably forgotten this from our chat a few months ago! :) )

Currently doing the usual hopeful round of publishers, before the ambivalence of self-publishing which, if it comes to it, should happen maybe September time.

But in the meantime, any sniff of a potential sales outlet is interesting!

Straightstory
24/06/2018, 11:05 AM
Nice idea.

oriel
24/06/2018, 11:28 AM
I think the print run of that would be rather small! Too small to have potential sales sitting on the FAI website.

No, it's a look at the experience of playing in Europe from an LoI point of view (writerbk has probably forgotten this from our chat a few months ago! :) )

Currently doing the usual hopeful round of publishers, before the ambivalence of self-publishing which, if it comes to it, should happen maybe September time.

But in the meantime, any sniff of a potential sales outlet is interesting!

There was an excellent book out maybe 5 years ago that touched on this also, but it was only about 10 stories featuring classic LOI games in europe, Gods v Goliaths.

pineapple stu
24/06/2018, 11:57 AM
Yeah, have that. Good book alright. Mine is different though; focuses on one campaign instead, so I can go into more detail on how everything comes together

NeverFeltBetter
24/06/2018, 7:46 PM
There was an excellent book out maybe 5 years ago that touched on this also, but it was only about 10 stories featuring classic LOI games in europe, Gods v Goliaths.

Gods vs Mortals, by Paul Keane. Very good book, the chapter on Athlone/Milan especially.

oriel
24/06/2018, 9:32 PM
Yeah, have that. Good book alright. Mine is different though; focuses on one campaign instead, so I can go into more detail on how everything comes together

Good stuff, sounds interesting and best of luck with it, it sounds a good angle to have on this topic.

Dundalk were featured in that book on their 1979 European Cup season, played in 3 rounds, the infamous Linfield game being the first. Interesting to note, Liam Devine (RIP) who equalised for Dundalk in the ‘battle of oriel park’ v Linfield is Gary Rogers uncle, who would go on to play a huge part in the next best European achievement by Dundalk in 2016.