PDA

View Full Version : Derak Geary

sadloserkid
19/03/2005, 11:16 AM
Is it worth having a look at him? He looked solid enough against Arsenal (twice) and is surely due a run if Alan Maybury is a gauge (not attacking Maybury either, just making a comparison).

And if the criteria for being selected is anything like Graham 'Sometime I can't make the Coventry bench' Barrett surely his time is now? (I'm also aware that they play in different positions!)

Personally I'd rather see Owen Heary called up but Geary is versatile and probably deserves a look in.

livehead1
19/03/2005, 6:01 PM
.yes.

FarBeag
19/03/2005, 8:50 PM
Yes.I would give him a go.He appears like a reliable, honest, determined lad.Plays a steady game and is usually consistant,loved by the Shf utd fans.

OwlsFan
20/03/2005, 9:39 AM
Derek Geary - I've seen him play many times for Wednesday before he was transferred to Bramall Lane. A wholehearted player but not international standard

ciaran76
20/03/2005, 10:26 AM
I have only seen him play twice and he looked quite good but i rather we were picking players who were playing against Prem. oppostion week in week out to really see how good he is.

sadloserkid
20/03/2005, 11:13 AM
Derek Geary - I've seen him play many times for Wednesday before he was transferred to Bramall Lane. A wholehearted player but not international standard

Well given your loyalty to the blue half of the city of Sheffield I would imagine that you're not Derek Geary's biggest fan anymore! Anybody other than disgruntled Wednesday fans seen much of him? ;)

OwlsFan
21/03/2005, 8:59 AM
Not disgruntled - just giving an honest appraisal of his ability. He was let go by Wednesday and given a free to Stockport County and then moved on to Sheff Utd. I saw him on TV for the two games he played for Sheff Utd and he played well but he was also dropped by them for a few games. He's a busy player and and a reasonable 2nd/1st Division player, but he is not international class.

dr_peepee
23/03/2005, 7:35 PM
He was let go by Wednesday along with half the squad at the time out of necessitiy... And Sheffield Utd actualy paid a price for him from Stockport, allthough it wasn't much...

I don't know weather he's international class but I think he deserves a little bit more credit than that last post