PDA

View Full Version : Graham Gartland

BobtheDrog
18/03/2005, 9:43 PM
ye can have him back, wste of space fell over his feet, cudnt pass to a teammate to save his life and did his best to get himself sent off

De Town
18/03/2005, 9:54 PM
ye can have him back, wste of space fell over his feet, cudnt pass to a teammate to save his life and did his best to get himself sent off
He usually puts in a hard tackle or 2 but I would take him back any day. Do you want O'Connor back in return? :D

Longfordian
18/03/2005, 9:56 PM
I'd give both players time before rushing to judgment on how they'll do, both had good seasons last year.

BobtheDrog
19/03/2005, 10:24 AM
it wasnt the tackles it tho they were dodgy it was the getting involved every time a derry player made a tackle

Laker
19/03/2005, 10:27 AM
All that money he's making must be going to his head!!!!

Xlex
19/03/2005, 11:47 AM
I'd give the lads time at their respective clubs. TBH, As far as I'm concerned at the moment Garto has one good season under his belt, he still has plenty to prove...

I'm confident O'Connor will be a super signing too.

observer
21/03/2005, 8:55 AM
Garto's biggest problem is that he cannot button his lip. You will find that most of the sendings off he WILL HAVE while with you will originate with an initial yellow card for mouthing. If he controls that then you will have a good footballer once he settles.

Sonic
21/03/2005, 11:59 AM

if thats the case you can have that fckin waster o connor back and alan murphy for that matter oh and cronin.

Cosmo
27/03/2005, 2:20 PM
I bet you feel a wee bit stupid now bobthedrog.

Gartland was unreal on friday - gray (who was in many pundits team of the season lastseason) will have to fight really hard to get back into the team.

Sonic, no problem, very few drogs will decline your offer of a return of all 3 (even spud solely on footballing ability)

De Town
27/03/2005, 2:41 PM
Gartland was unreal on friday
Was he playing in the defence? I heard you played him in midfield against derry, he's not a midfielder imo.

BobtheDrog
27/03/2005, 6:27 PM
I bet you feel a wee bit stupid now bobthedrog.

Gartland was unreal on friday - gray (who was in many pundits team of the season lastseason) will have to fight really hard to get back into the team.

Sonic, no problem, very few drogs will decline your offer of a return of all 3 (even spud solely on footballing ability)

Had you not been observing the match thru an alcoholic fog (even on good friday) you wud have noticed that his control was very poor and he kept straying out of position, the unreal one was Stuart Malcolm, rock solid won everything in the air and on the ground, gartland improved on his performance against derry but has a lot to prove before i wud play him over Grayser, like you tho wud happily have danny spud and snackers back

briano
27/03/2005, 6:32 PM
Garto's biggest problem is that he cannot button his lip. You will find that most of the sendings off he WILL HAVE while with you will originate with an initial yellow card for mouthing. If he controls that then you will have a good footballer once he settles.

gartlands two sendings off for longford were both straight red cards for tackles....FACT.... he's never got booked for mouthin but has been warned about it alot....his sendings off both came against rovers one was justified the other was a little harsh...

if he hadnt of gotten injured at the start of the season it would have been a good year for him cause the form he produced when he came back was very solid...

Longfordian
27/03/2005, 7:53 PM
He's a good player as are O'Connor and Cronin. Two games isn't enough to be making an informed judgment on players when they're new to the team.