PDA

View Full Version : Games 4-5 May

Pages : [1] 2

pineapple stu
04/05/2018, 7:42 PM
Three goals in injury time in the RSC; mad stuff. 2-1 Waterford at the break.

0-0 in the top of the table clash in Tolka.

SeanDrog
04/05/2018, 7:55 PM
Three goals in injury time in the RSC; mad stuff. 2-1 Waterford at the break.

0-0 in the top of the table clash in Tolka.

Harps 0-1 Drogs ht

pineapple stu
04/05/2018, 7:56 PM
Shels take the lead in Tolka. Getting tight at the top again, and we travel to Galway next week

pineapple stu
04/05/2018, 8:01 PM
Injury for Shels; they bring on Dave Mulcahy at the back.

I thought he'd retired. 40 now

SeanDrog
04/05/2018, 8:13 PM
Harps 1-1 drogs

pineapple stu
04/05/2018, 8:19 PM
Bray beating Derry. So as it stands, their only points almost half way through the season will have been against Derry, Dundalk and Rovers

SeanDrog
04/05/2018, 8:23 PM
Harps 2-1 drogs

redarmyfaction
04/05/2018, 8:34 PM
Bray beating Derry. So as it stands, their only points almost half way through the season will have been against Derry, Dundalk and Rovers

Crazy but true.

pineapple stu
04/05/2018, 8:36 PM
Injury time equaliser in Tolka. Entire UCD team celebrating at the Shels fans in the Lego. Bottles thrown. All a bit mad on both sides

pineapple stu
04/05/2018, 8:38 PM
And just to spice it up, Kelly sent off in the 94th for diving. Awful call; should have been a penalty. More bottles thrown, and Shels fans on the tunnel roof

SeanDrog
04/05/2018, 9:05 PM
And just to spice it up, Kelly sent off in the 94th for diving. Awful call; should have been a penalty. More bottles thrown, and Shels fans on the tunnel roof

The shels fans in Utd Park last week had an air of aggression about them tbh so I’m not surprised to hear it.

Drogs lost , second lost of the season. Most of our games in series two are away so I wouldn’t be surprised to see us slowly drift off the top but in saying that we didn’t expect to go up this year and are delighted with the foundations of a great side that Clancy has put together. If we can add some experienced heads I think we will be a wicked side. Loving this season, the 1st div is exciting this year.

NeverFeltBetter
04/05/2018, 9:13 PM
Limerick lose three nil at home to Derry. A few days later Bray beat them 2-1 at home. Can no longer rely on Bray's troubles to save us.

micls
04/05/2018, 9:19 PM
Limerick lose three nil at home to Derry. A few days later Bray beat them 2-1 at home. Can no longer rely on Bray's troubles to save us.

Rovers beat us comfortably, 3 nil. Then lost 2 nil tonight to Pats, who lost 5 nil to Dundalk, who we beat 1 nil. All in a week.

Greatest League in the World.

MattB11
04/05/2018, 9:32 PM
Harps were shocking in the first half drogs could of had 2 or 3, McCourt came on at HT and changed the game completely setting up both goals before going back off again injured late on

nigel-harps1954
04/05/2018, 10:18 PM
Paddy McCourts 25 minutes on the park tonight were as good a performance you'll see this season. Superb stuff from him.

A much improved second half performance from Harps. Might just be starting to click a bit.

ToberonaTornado
04/05/2018, 10:25 PM
an amazing game in Waterford tonight! MNS should just show the highlights of the match on Monday!

Stephen O'Donnell goes down injured on 45.The poor lad is stretchered off and Dundalk lose all concentration and Akinade punishes us for it! - TWICE - ! Murray pulls one back for Dundalk from a free kick a minute later!

2nd half is frantic but with both sides playing intense end to end stylish attacking football wth no quarter being asked or given.
Titanic battle and thought we deserved a draw.The RSC a cauldron of noise and a brilliant atmosphere.
Cracking match.Thoroughly enjoyed it despite us coming out the wrong side of the 2-1.

Hope the O'Donnell injury isn't as bad as it looked.:(

Yossarian
04/05/2018, 11:09 PM
Hmm, amazing is not how I would describe it. Gary Rogers had another brain fart and did exactly what he did in Alkmaar and gifted Waterford the first goal. The defence went to sleep two minutes later and it was two nil. Murray scored a brilliant free kick to get us back in it and we dominated the second half but like a lot of games this season we didn’t make it count and missed a couple of sitters. Duffy was booked for a “dive” in the box that was a blatant foul but overall we had plenty of chances to win and deserved a draw.
Fair play to Waterford though, they did enough to get the win. Hery had a great game.

nigel-harps1954
04/05/2018, 11:27 PM
The ball from McCourt, the header from Cowan. Textbook stuff.

Over-excited camera man is a bonus.

ToberonaTornado
05/05/2018, 12:00 AM
Hmm, amazing is not how I would describe it.

Not an amazing result but i thought it was a game, a brilliant game.

Dundalk obv at sea for both goals that followed what looked a bad injury to the captain of the team.Dundalk switched off and got smashed for doing that.Yes,Rogers totally at fault for the opener,Cleary for the 2nd.
But still a brilliant game of ball that i enjoyed :D ......i.e - IMO
And 100% agree that Hery was motm.

Ezeikial
05/05/2018, 12:07 AM
Outstanding game for a neutral - if not quite for all supporters of the losing team!

Waterford were super, especially Hery, Keegan and Aborah in midfield.

Dundalk had enough chances to win several games, but simply were not clinical enough to take them

trevy
05/05/2018, 6:13 AM
Great night at the RSC in front of 3508. The first half was dull enough until that crazy few minutes before half time. Akinade hadn't scored a league goal till last night and then got 2 in a few minutes almost getting knocked out heading in the first one. Brilliant free kick then for Dundalk. Waterford hit post with Keegan in 2nd half. Dundalk dominated and had a few chances just wide and we were glad to hear final whistle.

nigel-harps1954
05/05/2018, 8:28 AM
Paddy McCourts through ball. Most excellent.

**FrOsTy**
05/05/2018, 9:25 AM
A pulsating encounter at the RSC, I wasn’t the most optimistic before the game with Dundalks 5-0 over pats the previous Monday, but we were superb. From front to back. Particularly the spine of Izzy, Hery, Keegan and Feely. Outstanding.

Two years ago I’d never of envisaged we’d be where we are. Really are riding on the crest of a wave at the moment. We’ve beaten every team this season. A surreal stat given our position as a club recently. Ok - granted, it’s easy change any club in the country with a few bob, but it isint just any club, it’s my club, and the level we are at now is something I’ve never experienced before.

On the game itself, it was really exciting. Both teams willing to attack. A dull first 40 minutes or so which I thought we may have shaded. Then pandomoniun in injury time. A very nasty looking injury (As far as I could make out not caused by the tackle) to Stephen O Donnell. Players were physically sick when they went to check on him which is not a good sign. Wish him a speedy recovery. He’s been a fantastic servant to the LOI and a joy to watch. I would fear however that this injury if as bad as it seemed could be the end for him in terms of playing career. Fingers crossed I’m wrong.

It all changed when he came off for Shields. First thing he done was kick Izzy and gave a silly free from which we socred. What Rogers was at I don’t know. Coming 18 yards for a ball he hadn’t a hope of getting. Not something you’d expect from an experienced keeper. Clocking Izzy after the ball as well. It would of been interesting to see if the ref would of awarded a penalty had the ball not gone in.

Kinda half missed the build up to the 2nd as as the buzz in the stands. Looked like Cleary fell asleep and let Izzy slip down the side of him and a great left footed finish.

A superb free kick from Murray brought Dundalk back into before the break. Not sure how he managed to get such dip on the ball from that close in. A great strike.

All of that in a crazy 9 minute injury time.

2nd half was again exciting, and while Dundalk had the possession we looked dangerous on the break. Somehow Paul Keegans directed volley stayed out after hitting the butt of the post. Which would of killed the game off.

For all the possession Dundalk had I can’t remember Vigs been called into major action. Some scuffed shots wide from good positions and some heroic blocks from Izzy and Feely in particular kept us ahead. On the peno shout. It looked a clear dive from where we were. It’ll be interesting to see it on the highlights package but when there is no complaints from the player then it tells it’s own story.

SeanDrog
05/05/2018, 9:35 AM
Paddy McCourts through ball. Most excellent.

Sounds like a great atmosphere

D24Saint
05/05/2018, 11:53 AM
Wasn't exactly top quality stuff in Richmond last night but fantastic to get out with the win. I thought O'Briens tackle was absolutely shocking from a player with his experience and deserved the red he got. The first goal was very strange I haven't a clue what went through the Rovers defence heads , it was great to see Killer back who wrapped things up with a great penalty.

sbgawa
05/05/2018, 12:33 PM
Will be interesting to see soccer republic. I thought it was the dramatic tumble brennan took and the reaction of the Bench that got o brien sent off. We will see. We were poor even before the sending off.

Ezeikial
05/05/2018, 12:56 PM
I thought O'Briens tackle was absolutely shocking from a player with his experience and deserved the red he got.

Will be interesting to see soccer republic. I thought it was the dramatic tumble brennan took and the reaction of the Bench that got o brien sent off. We will see.

The red cards keep coming.

I wonder if this sort of attitude has anything to do with it:

Bradley pleased by Bolger's 'nasty' streak as teenager proves worth

https://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/league-of-ireland/bradley-pleased-by-bolgers-nasty-streak-as-teenager-proves-worth-36864905.html

sbgawa
05/05/2018, 1:05 PM
Lol never gets old with the obsessed.

TonyD
05/05/2018, 1:10 PM
Will be interesting to see soccer republic. I thought it was the dramatic tumble brennan took and the reaction of the Bench that got o brien sent off. We will see. We were poor even before the sending off.

Ah no,it was a bad challenge. Brennan was kicked up in the air, don't think he was being dramatic. Mind you the ref was going for a yellow initially, but I think he got it right in the end. Second time In a week at Richmond that a sending off has changed the game. Thought it was nip and tuck before that. Pats started well but Rovers had come back into it. Neither side created much in fairness. Even with the extra man in the second half I didn't think we made as much of it as we could have. Still, great three points.

Ezeikial
05/05/2018, 1:20 PM
Lol never gets old with the obsessed.

Feel free to give your opinion on what I raised. It may well have been a dramatic tumble or the bench reactions that influenced the ref as you infer. Or it may just have been a rash challenge from team that are encouraged or lauded for being 'nasty' by their manager.

your clubs manager is at the root of the problem for Rovers shocking disciplinary record

White Horse
05/05/2018, 1:47 PM
What a cracking game. Two sides trying to play football in a packed stadium. Waterford are the best team we’ve played this season, they were unlucky in Oriel to get nothing from the game and we were similarly unlucky last night.

The awful leg breaking injury to O’Donnell was the turning point. A clearly distressed Dundalk team lost focus for 10 minutes (I saw Pat Hoban puking after looking at the injury). Waterford took advantage of Dundalk’s lack of focus to get the two goals to win the game.

I don’t know how Dundalk didn’t score in the second half. While we have scored quite a few goals this season, we have also missed a lot of chances.

I was mystified at Twomey booking Duffy for a dive in what looked a clear penalty but the TV footage should clear that up on Monday.

However, nothing should detract from an excellent Waterford performance and their courage to play attacking and fluid football.

patrickccfc
05/05/2018, 1:52 PM
Poor enough game here at turner's cross. 1-1 at half time. Limerick took the lead with a nice lob and then cummins got us level not long after. Big opportunity to go three clear with a win here

colonelwest
05/05/2018, 1:52 PM
Broken leg/ fractured tib confirmed for O'Donnell, he's had a desperate run of it the last 2 seasons with injuries. He's had a lot of muscle injuries and now this, which of course is different kettle of fish as it was a challenge in game, but it might be a hard ask the way his bodies been the last year or two. If he didn't have bad luck he'd have none.

Nesta99
05/05/2018, 2:54 PM

Reading reports it looked like it was a yellow being pulled but O'Brien reacted badly to the Pat's bench's reaction and the ref pocketed the yellow and pulled out the red. So it could well have been a yellow given for the tackle but added dissent was what made the refs mind up to change to a red. So technically maybe the Pat's bench reaction did influence the red.

micls
05/05/2018, 3:30 PM
2-1. Job done. Missed an early penalty which would have made it a lot more comfortable. Good to come back from 1 down. O Hanlon did well when he came on.

sidewayspasser
05/05/2018, 3:51 PM
Poor enough match but job done. Keohane has now added left back to the portfolio of positions he's played in.

micls
05/05/2018, 3:55 PM
Poor enough match but job done. Keohane has now added left back to the portfolio of positions he's played in.

He's only missing centre half and keeper.

brendy_éire
05/05/2018, 4:19 PM
Bitterly disappointing performance from Derry last night, but Bray full value for their win.
We just didn't get going really, very poor stuff.

I do wonder how Bray have been doing so poorly of late, I thought they were decent last night. Pressuring our defenders is a simple way to ruin our game plan and Bray did a great job of it.

Audio of a fairly annoyed Kenny Shiels here: https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p06696dp

Dalymountrower
05/05/2018, 4:54 PM
A pulsating encounter at the RSC, I wasn’t the most optimistic before the game with Dundalks 5-0 over pats the previous Monday, but we were superb. From front to back. Particularly the spine of Izzy, Hery, Keegan and Feely. Outstanding.

Two years ago I’d never of envisaged we’d be where we are. Really are riding on the crest of a wave at the moment. We’ve beaten every team this season. A surreal stat given our position as a club recently. Ok - granted, it’s easy change any club in the country with a few bob, but it isint just any club, it’s my club, and the level we are at now is something I’ve never experienced before.

On the game itself, it was really exciting. Both teams willing to attack. A dull first 40 minutes or so which I thought we may have shaded. Then pandomoniun in injury time. A very nasty looking injury (As far as I could make out not caused by the tackle) to Stephen O Donnell. Players were physically sick when they went to check on him which is not a good sign. Wish him a speedy recovery. He’s been a fantastic servant to the LOI and a joy to watch. I would fear however that this injury if as bad as it seemed could be the end for him in terms of playing career. Fingers crossed I’m wrong.

It all changed when he came off for Shields. First thing he done was kick Izzy and gave a silly free from which we socred. What Rogers was at I don’t know. Coming 18 yards for a ball he hadn’t a hope of getting. Not something you’d expect from an experienced keeper. Clocking Izzy after the ball as well. It would of been interesting to see if the ref would of awarded a penalty had the ball not gone in.

Kinda half missed the build up to the 2nd as as the buzz in the stands. Looked like Cleary fell asleep and let Izzy slip down the side of him and a great left footed finish.

A superb free kick from Murray brought Dundalk back into before the break. Not sure how he managed to get such dip on the ball from that close in. A great strike.

All of that in a crazy 9 minute injury time.

2nd half was again exciting, and while Dundalk had the possession we looked dangerous on the break. Somehow Paul Keegans directed volley stayed out after hitting the butt of the post. Which would of killed the game off.

For all the possession Dundalk had I can’t remember Vigs been called into major action. Some scuffed shots wide from good positions and some heroic blocks from Izzy and Feely in particular kept us ahead. On the peno shout. It looked a clear dive from where we were. It’ll be interesting to see it on the highlights package but when there is no complaints from the player then it tells it’s own story.

How's the boycott of "Izzy working out?

CorribsideSteve
05/05/2018, 7:39 PM
I hope not, but that injury to O'Donnell considering his past lengthy injuries might push him towards retirement. Think he's got the brain to be a coach or stay involved some similar way in football. Obviously, I wish him the best, but age and past body break down are counting against him.

bluemovie
05/05/2018, 7:40 PM
How's the boycott of "Izzy working out?

It seems that was pretty much one clown who got himself an indefinite ban because of his actions!

bluemovie
05/05/2018, 7:45 PM
Fair play to Dundalk fans for very magnanimous posts about the game. What an absolute barnstormer it was! We've been amazing at home the last two seasons and the atmosphere last night was superb. Dundalk look clearly the best squad in the league. I've raised my ambitions from fourth to third and maybe even second, but European football would just be amazing after waiting 32 years. Best wishes to Stephen O'Donnell after a horrible injury.

Dalymountrower
05/05/2018, 9:44 PM
2-0 to Bohs, double fro Danny Grant.
Badly needed that win.

outspoken
05/05/2018, 9:59 PM
Poor game in Cobh on a disgraceful pitch but a crucial win for Longford

L.T.F.C.
05/05/2018, 11:54 PM
A much improved second half performance from Harps. Might just be starting to click a bit.

If clicking means hacking more lads down.

L.T.F.C.
06/05/2018, 12:01 AM
O Hanlon did well when he came on.

Words I thought I'd never read something like this.

joey B
06/05/2018, 12:27 AM

Raging 😂😂

micls
06/05/2018, 7:41 AM
Words I thought I'd never read something like this.

He really has impressed everytime he's come on. Goal yesterday with his first touch. Full of running and he's an absolute beast of a man physically.

Fair play to him, he looks very hungry for it.

nigel-harps1954
06/05/2018, 9:19 AM

It means winning games. Like that game in Longford last weekend, for example. :ball::ball:

mcgonigle
06/05/2018, 11:27 AM
He really has impressed everytime he's come on. Goal yesterday with his first touch. Full of running and he's an absolute beast of a man physically.

Fair play to him, he looks very hungry for it.

He's probably looking at Cummins and thinking he can claim his spot