PDA

View Full Version : Are you watching us tonight ??

dougdub
18/03/2005, 2:56 PM
I wonder what sort of figures will RTE get for tonights game.... will anyone be watchin. . . .

De Town
18/03/2005, 3:01 PM
I wonder what sort of figures will RTE get for tonights game.... will anyone be watchin. . . .
I will yeah :)

Ash
18/03/2005, 3:08 PM
I would only for we're playing home games on
Friday nights starting with Dundalk tonight.

pete
18/03/2005, 9:20 PM
Saw last 30mins, Bohs were poor & IMO will struggle this season into mid table position.

De Town
18/03/2005, 9:49 PM
Saw last 30mins, Bohs were poor & IMO will struggle this season into mid table position.
In fairness pete, Bohs played some nice stuff in the first half.

pete
18/03/2005, 9:51 PM
Did anyone else hear George Hamilton get the Rovers sub incorrect, then say he didn't want to make a meal of the bad info given by Rovers to him & then spend a few minutes moaning about it.

:rolleyes:

Maybe George will do his homework in advance in future?

De Town
18/03/2005, 9:57 PM
Did anyone else hear George Hamilton get the Rovers sub incorrect, then say he didn't want to make a meal of the bad info given by Rovers to him & then spend a few minutes moaning about it.

Yeah I know, and in the first half, he called Jason McGuinness, Paul Caffrey for about 5 minutes before Dolan corrected him :rolleyes:

Caffrey wasn't even on the pitch at the time and then he was the man who came on and George got that wrong :rolleyes:

EnDai
18/03/2005, 10:02 PM
Yeah I know, and in the first half, he called Jason McGuinness, Paul Caffrey for about 5 minutes before Dolan corrected him :rolleyes:

Caffrey wasn't even on the pitch at the time and then he was the man who came on and George got that wrong :rolleyes:

He also referred to Bohs as Shamrock Rovers at least twice.

Bohs played well in the first half, but there weren't many in the way of good goal scoring chances, pretty poor second half IMO.

Worst man on the pitch: The referee. :D

De Town
18/03/2005, 10:08 PM
Worst man on the pitch: The referee. :D
Spot on. Foley and McGuinness (:confused: ) should have been sent off in the last minute for headbutting. He was standing right in front of it and everything :eek: There wasnt that much contact but if you clash heads, your off.

Éanna
18/03/2005, 10:28 PM
Worst man on the pitch: The referee. :DStokes is diabolical. He robbed us of several points last season- I think he gave either 5 or 6 penalties against us? Something like that anyway, and most of them were very dodgy. How the guy is on the UEFA panel, I'll never know :rolleyes:

Beats
18/03/2005, 10:30 PM
from what i hear, Bohs fans were chanting 'Orange B*****d" because of his Linfield history.....is this common for Bohs matches or isit just a one off? im going down to watch the might Ports play Shels and want to know what to expect!

CollegeTillIDie
18/03/2005, 10:40 PM
Watched the match . Entertaining if not exactly high quality. Seemed to be a reasonable sized crowd at it.
As regards the question posed by the poster immediately before me:

Yes the chants were clearly audible on the TV coverage. Not that is not common at matches down here. I think it was because of the Rangers connection more so than Linfield.
The Glasgow Blues are perceived as being somehow for more reprehensible.
Which is actually accurate as the Windsor Park based club have a much better track record on matters of that nature than the one from Govan.

As regards the match on Tuesday, Shelbourne is one of the better clubs and does not have a major element of that nature. I am not sure that some neutrals may not be in the crowd some of whom may have been at tonight's game. I don't condone that sort of chanting on either side of the border.
But when one of your recent club directors is/was an ex UVF/LVF guy someone , in this case wrongly in my view, human nature being what it is, is going to say something at Tolka Park surely ?

Éanna
18/03/2005, 10:45 PM
from what i hear, Bohs fans were chanting 'Orange B*****d" because of his Linfield history.....is this common for Bohs matches or isit just a one off? im going down to watch the might Ports play Shels and want to know what to expect!
It was because of his Rangers past rather than his Linfield past I'd imagine. Pretty ridiculous for people to carry on like that. Also somewhat ironic given that Rovers fans have given Bohs similar abuse in the past for having their origins in a Protestant working mens club AFAIK. Been a while since I've heard anything of this nature at an eircom League game- even the tongue-in-cheek "whats it like to have a Queen" to the Derry fans hasn't been sung in a while at the Cross. Anyway, don't worry about Shels, they don't have any fans, so you wouldn't hear anything like this :D :D

Sheridan
18/03/2005, 10:46 PM
I wouldn't worry about it, Beats. Many fans take the view that all's fair in a Bohs-Rovers derby. Rest assured that Feeney's greatest crime, as far as Bohs fans were concerned, was playing for Rovers. His career history just happened to provide a convenient angle of attack.

Beats
18/03/2005, 11:22 PM
As regards the match on Tuesday, Shelbourne is one of the better clubs and does not have a major element of that nature. I am not sure that some neutrals may not be in the crowd some of whom may have been at tonight's game. I don't condone that sort of chanting on either side of the border.
But when one of your recent club directors is/was an ex UVF/LVF guy someone , in this case wrongly in my view, human nature being what it is, is going to say something at Tolka Park surely ?

nope, i can assure you.....the man in question used to have links but hes older now and i think hes wised up! hes a nice bloke and a commited Ports fan so i can assure you that nothing will be said. The same chap goes to Cliftonville and has been down south for a couple of friendlies and always seems to get on well with opposition clubs so i expect no trouble whatsoever!

cheers for the reasuring, im looking forward to my trip down to dubland, just looking to know what to expect.....hoping for a good match and a cracking atmosphere!

Éanna
18/03/2005, 11:43 PM
hoping for a good match and a cracking atmosphere!
your only chance of a cracking atmosphere at Shels is if you make it yourself :D :D 3 men and a dog can't make that much noise

unless they bring their rent-a-crowd from the european games along :eek: :D

Beats
18/03/2005, 11:57 PM
:D hopefully some neutrals come and some par-time supporters come out of the wood work, but im fairly sure that we will make a cracking atmosphere!

got my red wig, red and white rolls to throw on pitch, flag to be draped down my back, face paints, BIG flag to be hung up and our acustomed drum so im sure you will notice me if you go :D

CUMON THE PORTS!!!!

Storysham
19/03/2005, 2:34 PM
It was some clearance by Heary (i think) off the goal line, how he didnt head that into his own net i'll never know.

ciaran76
20/03/2005, 8:36 AM
That Jimmy Aggrey (sp?) the new defender. Did anyone else think his heading was awfull for a tall man? Also thought his postioning was terrible for alot of the corners.
Anyone else agree?

CollegeTillIDie
20/03/2005, 9:31 AM
nope, i can assure you.....the man in question used to have links but hes older now and i think hes wised up! hes a nice bloke and a commited Ports fan so i can assure you that nothing will be said. The same chap goes to Cliftonville and has been down south for a couple of friendlies and always seems to get on well with opposition clubs so i expect no trouble whatsoever!

cheers for the reasuring, im looking forward to my trip down to dubland, just looking to know what to expect.....hoping for a good match and a cracking atmosphere!

Beats

Well that is good news. Because on the Loyalist side of the debate, it is the reformed terrorists who have been the voices of moderation regarding the peace process a lot of the time as it is. So good to hear about the director.

A face
20/03/2005, 12:04 PM

Or maybe that was the catalyst for every other club to have their info in order and in on time. To be fair, i would think that best practice would leave it with the club to provide the info rather than Geroge having to chase it. I mean it should be straight forward .... its not like it is a ladder at Richmond Park, It should be fairly easy to lay your hands on that info.

WeAreRovers
21/03/2005, 2:00 PM
Many fans take the view that all's fair in a Bohs-Rovers derby.

Correct. By the end we were singing "Lee Feeney, he's our hun, he hates Bohs" :D

KOH

Réiteoir
21/03/2005, 2:30 PM
your only chance of a cracking atmosphere at Shels is if you make it yourself :D :D 3 men and a dog can't make that much noise

unless they bring their rent-a-crowd from the european games along :eek: :D

also depends if it's a school night as well

higgins
21/03/2005, 10:39 PM
It was nice to see the 10,000 who turned up at Turners cross for your european nights returned and you had a full house every home game there after! :rolleyes:

Do you not tire of the same gags every season?

There was 2,500 people at Tolka on Wednesday not many of them were UCD fans. Its also true we were ranked 3rd out of the 22 clubs last year for crowds (not including Europe)... but dont let that stop you.

And there wont be any trouble from Shels fans on Tuesday. Only problem may be non-shels fans who go along looking for trouble but I cant see them being too bothered really.