PDA

View Full Version : Shels field inelligible coach

Schumi
18/03/2005, 12:40 PM
http://breakingnews.iol.ie/sport/story.asp?j=137086138&p=y37x86844 :D I assume Ollie Byrne will be demanding a points deduction? Rules are rules!

LFC in Exile
18/03/2005, 12:45 PM
http://breakingnews.iol.ie/sport/story.asp?j=137086138&p=y37x86844 :D I assume Ollie Byrne will be demanding a points deduction? Rules are rules!

What a stupid thing to do. Even I had read the list of suspensions on the FAI website. The difference between the two situations may be that for players a defined penalty is set out - I doubt this is the case for coaches. If there is a defined penalty then it must be applied. If not then the league will back just fine them I reckon.

There is a difference between playing a suspended player and allowing a suspended coach into the dugout, so I reckon a point deducation would not be warranted - but if the rules say a points deducation is the penalty then it must be strictly applied. :ball:

Schumi
18/03/2005, 12:47 PM
I'd say you're right, a points deduction would be a bit harsh, still funny though!

Hibs4Ever
18/03/2005, 12:50 PM
What ever punishment they get you can be sure of one thing. Ollie will say its a DISGRACE and Shels will be appealling the decision

tiktok
18/03/2005, 12:57 PM
I'd say you're right, a points deduction would be a bit harsh, still funny though!

Agreed
Bit daft on Collins' part though :rolleyes:

Slash/ED
18/03/2005, 1:01 PM
Stupid mistake to make, even some of the websites had it in their previews he was suspended.

Gareth
18/03/2005, 1:05 PM
Whatever punishment as by the rule book, you have to accept the situation. As a Shels fan, I understand that. If a rule is broken, you are punished.If there is no rule defining it, then I think the rule should be a fine not a points deduction. I would think everyone would agree with that. If it states we lose points, then we lose them. In the past, we have been quoted as saying the rules are agreed on by the clubs and if its a rule you must follow them. If its CLEARLY stated in the rule book, we have no recourse but to follow it.

I hope its not a points deduction, but lets look for the rule book. Where is it?

James
18/03/2005, 1:12 PM
i think they shud be kicked out of the entire competition .. possibly demoted to div1 for cheating !!

adamcarr
18/03/2005, 1:15 PM
i think they shud be kicked out of the entire competition .. possibly demoted to div1 for cheating !!
That seems like a suitable punishment! :D

ThatGuy
18/03/2005, 1:39 PM
The funny thing is that if it had happened to Bohs or Cork, Ollie Byrne would be leading the campaign to have points deducted!

Of course he will be outraged by any punishment whatsoever to Shelbourne!

LFC in Exile
18/03/2005, 2:49 PM
The funny thing is that if it had happened to Bohs or Cork, Ollie Byrne would be leading the campaign to have points deducted!

Of course he will be outraged by any punishment whatsoever to Shelbourne!

Is there any club chairman who would do otherwise?

A face
18/03/2005, 6:33 PM

Alright ... take it easy here, i mean after all it could happen to any team. I think a sutiable punishment should be given here, something along the lines of having the team walk 200 metres over a bed of hot coals would be fine and forget all about this "give them a fine lark", in fairness lads, they are only super human afterall.

thejollyrodger
18/03/2005, 7:42 PM
Originally Posted by James

I think you should get kicked off the board for making outlandish comments :mad:

Shels cant drop points for this human error

Longfordian
18/03/2005, 8:49 PM
He's only jokin ffs..take it easy ye'll get fined that's all.

Éanna
18/03/2005, 8:51 PM
They were quick enough to demand it when Pats fielded an ineligible player. Shels should be given the appropriate punishment as is stated in the rules and if Oliy even thinks of giving out, he should be hit with a disrepute charge.

De Town
18/03/2005, 8:53 PM
They were quick enough to demand it when Pats fielded an ineligible player. Shels should be given the appropriate punishment as is stated in the rules and if Oliy even thinks of giving out, he should be hit with a disrepute charge.
dont you mean hit by a bus

Longfordian
18/03/2005, 8:54 PM
Shels will be fined and Collins will have to serve his suspension for the next game or two games or whatever it is, should be given an extra game for stupidity too.

Éanna
18/03/2005, 9:03 PM
Shels will be fined and Collins will have to serve his suspension for the next game or two games or whatever it is, should be given an extra game for stupidity too.
I think he should get a 5 game ban for being an obnoxious little rodent, whoever he is :D

BobtheDrog
18/03/2005, 9:36 PM
I think you should get kicked off the board for making outlandish comments :mad:

we were deducted points in the league cup last year for fielding an ineligible player, that was human error! but we're drogheda and you're shels so different rules apply obviously

A face
18/03/2005, 10:36 PM
Alright lads .... whats the story .... what gives with the hot coals thing ?? It'll work i swear !! :eek: :p

Éanna
18/03/2005, 10:39 PM
wws posted on the Pats board that the only two options open to the disciplinary committee are a 6 month ban for Eudora C*ll*ns or else a 3 point deduction for $h€l$. Anyone able to confirm that? I say both :D

A face
18/03/2005, 10:48 PM
wws posted on the Pats board that the only two options open to the disciplinary committee are a 6 month ban for Eudora C*ll*ns or else a 3 point deduction for $h€l$. Anyone able to confirm that? I say both :D

6 month ban
3 point deduction
200m hot coals

Seems fine to me !! :)

Éanna
18/03/2005, 10:52 PM
Or we could use him as half time entertainment at the Cross- anyone know where we could get some stocks and rotten fruit :D

EDIT: I imagine he'll get away with it because he will claim that while the incident and his subsequent suspension did receive widespread media coverage, no-one knew what the little runt's name was so nobody told him. ;)