PDA

View Full Version : Wales V Ireland, start praying NOW!

Green Tribe
17/03/2005, 11:37 PM
13 points is needed i think...hmmm. Wouldn't it be a great end to the week to have ireland win on Saturday. As much as i admire the Welsh rugby team and the country/people itself and the fact that they do deserve to win this tournament, i will be brokenhearted if we get humped(sorry, is that classified as swearing?) ;) :confused:

i predicted england to come fourth in the tournament, should have put a bet on that.. :rolleyes: :D

Green Tribe
19/03/2005, 1:39 PM
off to watch the big game in waxy's, ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!

:D

will bring some tissues ;) :D

De Town
19/03/2005, 4:06 PM
We are getting hammered :(

32-20. 6 minutes left.

was 32-6 at one stage.

Superhoops
19/03/2005, 4:51 PM
We are getting hammered
And deservedly so! Today confirmed that despite the hype we are still an ordinary team. Lucky to beat England and beaten deservedly by France and Wales, the two best teams in the Six Nations.

The most disappointing aspect of today's game was that several of our 'best' players were brutal.

O'Gara lost the plot and probably his place on the Lions Tour,
Stringer is ordinary at best and it was as result of his schoolboy error of kicking directly into touch led to Wales first score at a time when it was gong well for us.
Geordan Murphy, despite all the hype, has been ordinary.

IMHO we only have 3 class players who should be selected for the Lions, Brian O'Driscoll, Paul O' Connell and Johhny O'Connor.

But what do I know!

strangeirish
19/03/2005, 5:25 PM
Ah well, Irelands egg-chasers scrambled into a Welsh omelette :(

Green Tribe
19/03/2005, 5:50 PM
:mad: :mad: :mad:

yes, our good players were not so good today, david humpherys was fired up when he came on, ronan was poor today, david would have helped more if he came on earlier, i wasn't actually too disappointed, i thought that would be the result, the best team won the grand slam, wales. Ireland, if they had taken their chances and zipped Wales early on, when they looked nervous. I hope now, lots of young players who are fit and fast, capable of try scoring come through now. 2nd in the 6 nations table last year, i suppose it is not bad considering our population and it is not our first sport..but 4th this year!!!!

ah well, i would rather the welsh win rather than the jammy french, who were lucky in some of their earlier games

Green Tribe
19/03/2005, 6:50 PM
goal difference put england ahead of us!!!!!!!! :mad:

De Town
19/03/2005, 8:59 PM
goal difference put england ahead of us!!!!!!!! :mad:
How :confused: We won 3 matches, they only won 2 ;)

Green Tribe
19/03/2005, 9:17 PM
How We won 3 matches, they only won 2 ;)

hello son! ;) :D :D

oops! :o yes, thought that was weird, but on bbc after the engl v scot game the final table they showed was england ahead of ireland, and they said omething about goal difference, god even the bbc try to cheat and make england 3rd!

ireland 3rd!

results (http://www.6nations.net/resultsandstandings_ireland.htm)

Green Tribe
20/03/2005, 6:32 PM
cyber slap on the wrists for wasting space on a thread!!

:eek: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :D :D

Littlest Hobo
21/03/2005, 9:45 AM
hello son! ;) :D :D

oops! :o yes, thought that was weird, but on bbc after the engl v scot game the final table they showed was england ahead of ireland, and they said omething about goal difference, god even the bbc try to cheat and make england 3rd!

ireland 3rd!

results (http://www.6nations.net/resultsandstandings_ireland.htm)

Jaysis woman, take a deep breath......that time of the month again eh :rolleyes: