PDA

View Full Version : Cork City -v- Bray Wanderers

Fair_play_boy
17/03/2005, 8:08 PM
Looking forward to welcoming friendly Wicklow fans to Turners Cross.
What sort of away crowd do you have? Mainly exiles wherever you play, or is your travelling support good?
Can't remember Bray Wanderers playing in Cork before. Is this a first, or were we in the same division before Eircom League days?
The Horseshoe Bar is a good spot to gather before the game. The pint is good and you will find City supporters a good crack. Best of all, it is next door to the entrance gates to Turners Cross. :p

Seagull
17/03/2005, 8:17 PM
Can't remember Bray Wanderers playing in Cork before. Is this a first, or were we in the same division before Eircom League days?

Yeah, it's a first. Bray are really looking forward to their first ever trip to Cork (down south somewhere, I hear). Do the trains go that far? :eek:

Fair_play_boy
17/03/2005, 9:52 PM
Yeah, it's a first. Bray are really looking forward to their first ever trip to Cork (down south somewhere, I hear). Do the trains go that far? :eek:Yeah, and we even have the 'lectric now as well. ;)

Roo69
17/03/2005, 10:41 PM
Yeah, it's a first. Bray are really looking forward to their first ever trip to Cork (down south somewhere, I hear). Do the trains go that far? :eek:

What are you on about ?

Of course we have played down in Cork before ! We have only been out of the Premier 2 seasons. In the 00/01 season we travelled twice to Cork, nil all in the 1st match and we lost 1-0 in the 2nd match. In the 01/02 season we played down there once and drew 2-2 (Daz and Keego got an equaliser in injury time). When summer soccer came, we played down there twice again. 1st match we lost 3-0, and then 3-1 - That is the last time we have played down there.

Schumi
18/03/2005, 10:50 AM
:D

5 character limit my a$$

James
18/03/2005, 10:57 AM

still got the "i saw city win away 3-2 in bray" tshirt from gunthers infamous season of away match debacles.. 3-2 win in bray.. the flynny flick.. happy days..

not looking forward to the freezing cold / driving rain and millions of fecking kids though that seem to infest the carilse grounds

Bray Head
18/03/2005, 11:05 AM
Cork is our first away game of the season and interest in the trip is good. It's on Good Friday so the pubs will be closed unless you know any that will be open. Let us know as we need somewhere to go in Cork before the game.

Roo69
18/03/2005, 11:08 AM
still got the "i saw city win away 3-2 in bray" tshirt from gunthers infamous season of away match debacles.. 3-2 win in bray.. the flynny flick.. happy days..

not looking forward to the freezing cold / driving rain and millions of fecking kids though that seem to infest the carilse grounds

If only :D

tiktok
18/03/2005, 12:52 PM
Cork is our first away game of the season and interest in the trip is good. It's on Good Friday so the pubs will be closed unless you know any that will be open. Let us know as we need somewhere to go in Cork before the game.

I'm sure someone can organise a 'welcome to Cork' House Party for you, otherwise, just drink on the train (allowed to have a bar ;) )

Bray Head
18/03/2005, 2:38 PM
Thought of that but there is no train back after the game.