PDA

View Full Version : Happy St. Patricks Day!!!!

liam88
17/03/2005, 8:39 AM
HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY!
I can't blieve no one has posted this! Have a great day celebrating our patron Saint and our culture! :D
I'm wearing my flag into college today!!! :D
Seriously all of you have a great day-Dav, Duncan, Lopez, Pat O', Sylvo, Steve, Jon'O, Babysis, PP (wherever you are!!!!), Peader, Paura and EVERYONE elese......yes that's right even you guys I argue about Catholicism and Celtic with!!
Erin Go Bragh and have a qaulity day!
:D

ollie
17/03/2005, 8:57 AM
have a qaulity day!
:D

indeed.let everyone have a qaulity day. :D pity about the weather. :rolleyes:

shedite
17/03/2005, 9:14 AM
Spare a thought for us poor students who have an exam tomorrow morning so are spending Paddys day in the library. We always think of ye when we're drunk on Tuesday afternoons :D

Babysis
17/03/2005, 9:17 AM
Happy St Patrick's day everyone. Im working :( but there is tonight and all day tomorrow as Ive the day off. Have fun everyone. :)

Thunderblaster
17/03/2005, 9:30 AM
Happy Paddy's Day to all the soccerheads on this forum. Pity that Saint Paddy didn't invent soccer (at least it wouldn't be a foreign game then!!). Anyhow, have a great day and at least I'm not working.

blobbyblob
17/03/2005, 10:42 AM
Working too. Came in at 7.30 to get out early

Where does the foot.ie diaspora spread to. Would it be possible the furthest possible distance between the two outermost Foot.ie members to see how far we streatch. Im sure theres a global distance calculator somewhere on the web.

Poor Student
17/03/2005, 1:06 PM
Happy Paddy's Day :D I'm in Slovenia for a few works so not exactly diaspora not the farthest either, but no sign of Paddy's Day here.

Pauro 76
17/03/2005, 1:19 PM
indeed.let everyone have a qaulity day. :D pity about the weather. :rolleyes:

The weather? Jeez im in London celebrating the big day, its 18 degrees at the moment! and to think it was snowing only two weeks ago! fcuked up or what! have a great everyone on foot.ie.... :)

strangeirish
17/03/2005, 1:35 PM
Balmy Florida. Getting all these Yanks lined up with their heritage :rolleyes:

Green Tribe
17/03/2005, 2:20 PM
Happy St.Patrick's day, just finished uni for the day! Going out for a big dinner and a few drinks in a few hours :D Hope everyone has a great day, the weather here in Glasgow is crap, wet and grey! :rolleyes: never mind.

Lets all drown the shamrock :D :D :D

Metrostars
17/03/2005, 2:59 PM
Happy St. Pats from the USA, I'm working until lunch time, then heading down to NYC for the afternoon and evening. I'll miss the parade but it doesnt matter much. Nice enough weather here for today. Off tomorrow, and it will be a good thing too :p

liam88
17/03/2005, 4:13 PM
Spent ma lucnhtime sunbathin on the lawn with the tri tied between a couple of tree's; quality :D (spelt it right this time)

Going to cut 450 words out of my history coursework then off to my St. John Ambulance division-then the pub :D

sligoman
17/03/2005, 4:21 PM
Happy Paddy's day to all, and dont get too drunk if that's possible :D

pete
17/03/2005, 5:14 PM
Lousy day for me stuck in with flu/cold/bug.

Popped out to tesco & wouldn't sell me 12 pack paracetemol as had already bought lemsip. Insane law to stop me OD'ing on paracetemol.

:rolleyes:

sligoman
17/03/2005, 6:08 PM
Popped out to tesco & wouldn't sell me 12 pack paracetemol as had already bought lemsip. Insane law to stop me OD'ing on paracetemol.

That is such a stupid law :rolleyes:

Green Tribe
17/03/2005, 7:53 PM
just back from a pub crawl, good laugh, the pubs are heaving around Glasgow, it is always good on Paddy's day. Lots of other Irish as usual. I remember a few years ago on Paddy's day, Neil Lennon came into Molly Malones, the whole pub was singing to him, hilarious!
:D :D :D

A face
20/03/2005, 12:05 AM
So what do you all think of the 714 that wet the shamrock a bit too much and bate seven shades out of each other !?! :eek:

Happy Paddys day for that lot alright !! :rolleyes:

Babysis
21/03/2005, 12:14 PM
So what do you all think of the 714 that wet the shamrock a bit too much and bate seven shades out of each other !?! :eek:

Happy Paddys day for that lot alright !! :rolleyes:

Ah well, id say they were paying fro it with bad heads etc the following morning. Each to their own i guess :)

Eire06
21/03/2005, 12:50 PM
paddys day is always better away from ireland, mainly cos there aint that many knackers around!!!

Have to totally disagree Paddy's day is much better at home in lovely Gaillimh, the atmosphere and craic are much better than anywhere else I've been :D And I didn't see one Knacker this year either

Babysis
21/03/2005, 12:52 PM
to be fair, from what I briefly read in the Independent, it was teenagers (again) getting blocked and misbehaving. You will get that sort of thing anywhere. Maybe im wrong, but given that the same thing happened last year, were the press etc were looking for it more this year??

Either way, its sad, its dangerous, but its nothing new. but if Im wrong, Im wrong :D

Babysis
21/03/2005, 1:02 PM
eire06

hence why i said galway there was no trouble!!! dublin knackers, i would go out at home in teh ros, but not in dublin!!!!!

but ya baby og, i spose you get it everywhere, the thing is and im sure you'll agree there were loads of young uns at the london one, but hardly any of them were that drunk and even those who were, were very well behaved. i just dont think you get that in dublin.

You do get it everywhere. Dublin lays on a huge parade etc, and its a big draw to everyone. In London, although it was a great crowd, Im not sure its as big as dublin. There were plenty who were hammered, but I think maybe it was an older crowd. Most people seemed to be my age or older. There were alot of families at Trafalgar sq, so maybe thats why there were less drunken teenagers. Just an idea :)

Babysis
21/03/2005, 1:34 PM
ya most of them were 12 or more alright :p

Back in the knife draw :p

To be fair ive not spent a paddys day in Dublin, so i cant really comment. If I was to spend a paddys day in ireland it would be in Galway. Any time I spend in Galway is not really in the city centre, so Im not really one to comment.
I think that there were teenagers getting blocked all over London, we just didnt see them. All i know is i had a great day out :D

Eire06
21/03/2005, 2:03 PM
eire06

hence why i said galway there was no trouble!!! dublin knackers, i would go out at home in teh ros, but not in dublin!!!!! :D

Sorry I was replying to your quote

paddys day is always better away from ireland

I don't find it that way.. Theres no place like home

Babysis
21/03/2005, 3:11 PM
I don't find it that way.. Theres no place like home

Ah but that because you are from the best county in ireland. Up Galway :D

Eire06
21/03/2005, 3:35 PM
eh, sorry babysis i think you'll find thats the second best county in ireland....

ROSCOMMON is the best, unspoilt and untouched, waiting to be found. and besides im from there!!

go on the rossies!!!! ming for president LOL

ha ha ha ha
he he he he he he he LMAO :D

Funniest thing I've heard all year...

on a serious note :rolleyes: what is the point of RosCOMMON does it actualy serve a purpose.. help the country in any way.. Or is it just one of those counties thats there because noone really wanted it as part of their county ;) :p :rolleyes:

Babysis
21/03/2005, 3:35 PM
eh, sorry babysis i think you'll find thats the second best county in ireland....

ROSCOMMON is the best, unspoilt and untouched, waiting to be found. and besides im from there!!

go on the rossies!!!! ming for president LOL

To be fair, if I was looking for the 2nd best county after Galway, it would have to be Longford :eek: They have one of the finest By-passes in the country. People walk for miles to see it :D

ok, even I know im pushing it, but I had to say it for my Dad's sake :)

Thunderblaster
22/03/2005, 12:05 AM
Longford: A county of adventure with unspoilt scenery. Cruise along the Shannon from Lanesborough to Tarmonbarry and explore the flat bogland around Ballymahon. Stay in the luxury of the Longford Arms Hotel where you will be greeted by friendly and outgoing staff. :rolleyes: Browse through the shops and arcades in the bustling streets of Longford Town and take in the architectural wonders of St Mel's Cathedral. :D Visit the charming pubs where the craic is always ninety and you will get the best of bar food. For entertainment, there is always Declan Nerney to keep your ears blasted with his drivel, sorry, quality music. :D Call into C&D Petfoods in Edgeworthstown to see a very important guy that once ran the country (bit strange that Longford people could do that!!) and last but not least, pay a visit to the home of the national champions of cup football, Longford "C'mon De Town" Town, :eek: where the slagging off of Athlone is legendary. Longford: A Truly Memorable Experience!! :rolleyes:

Babysis
22/03/2005, 8:25 AM
Longford arms are a bit pricey, St Mel's is very nice(Mel Gibson is named after it you know :rolleyes: ). Ive been to C&D petfoods you know, and Ive been to see De Town play at the Flanciro. And it was a truely memorable experience

M@ttitude
22/03/2005, 8:32 AM
I spent Paddys day this year for the first time in Dublin City, and it was excellant.. Didn't see any fights or trouble! It was like a big friendly party all day/night, I spent last year in Galway which was good but cant compare to Dublin.. :cool:

Babysis
22/03/2005, 10:18 AM
Look it, its connaught after all, cant be all that bad. ;)

Babysis
22/03/2005, 10:33 AM
aye, ill agree with that, every place has its bad spots i spose, even connaucht, around the south west of counnaucht particularly. ;)

i need a damn spell checker

Oh i see, like that is it now?? Thats the first and last time I stick up for Rosscommon :p

Eire06
22/03/2005, 10:36 AM
aye, ill agree with that, every place has its bad spots i spose, even connaucht, around the south west of counnaucht particularly. ;)

i need a damn spell checker

hay... :mad:
Think Beautiful connamara gives much more to connacht than the bog land of ross ;) ...

And people actually travel half way across the world to see Galway bay.. Whats ross offering, a few pig farmers and a bog :D

Babysis
22/03/2005, 10:38 AM
hay... :mad:
Think Beautiful connamara gives much more to connacht than the bog land of ross ;) ...

And people actually travel half way across the world to see Galway bay.. Whats ross offering, a few pig farmers and a bog :D

Couldnt have said it better. There is a lovely little spot just on from Clifden. Its the most beautiful place in the world (well in ireland at least) :D

Babysis
22/03/2005, 11:19 AM
no matter how i try to use my spin doctoring tactics i cant really win this one. but there are some lovely places in the ros, along by the shannon they are as good as any. really they are being serious, but apart from a lovely big green field full of freisins across the road from my house there aint much more to offer in roscommon.

actually it pains me even more to say this, but mayo is nicer, the nicest place i have ever been is keem bay in achill, on a clear day, looking from teh top of the mountain down to keem bay there is nothing more scenic or beautiful ( ive been ) in the world and ive seen a few places, not many but a few!!

Im glad to see you know when your fighting a losing battle. Just admit defeat gracefully, its always better :D As for Mayo, Its alright.
Prefer Galway anyday. Right on the Westerly tip. The View from my grandad's house is amazing. I think its fair to say the West coast has some amazing scenery, and Roscommon has some nice......bogs. There we're all happy now ;)