PDA

View Full Version : great start for the city boys

thecorner
16/03/2005, 9:14 PM
didnt even kick a ball yet and what a start... shels dropping points to the students at home

bit of luck for the shels as well with a late penalty equalizer

thecorner
16/03/2005, 9:20 PM
amazing the way people change quotes just to suit their own little minds and a little messing on forums...

but whatever keeps them happy :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Counting Crow
16/03/2005, 9:44 PM
Start as they mean to go on......Harris & Heary probably bullied the ref into giving the spotter :rolleyes:

Had to laugh at RTE Teletex this evening saying their squad was depleted due to injuries. Game should have been postponed IMO :D

Not fair to expect them to play with just 28 players fit and healthy.

Counting Crow
16/03/2005, 9:45 PM
Oh yeah.........at this moment in time $hel$ have the worst home record in the League. :D

Don't you love it.

thecorner
16/03/2005, 11:57 PM
may i also add... 700 at tolka park for the first game of the season with no work the following day either

what a disgrace

colblimp
16/03/2005, 11:58 PM
Oh yeah.........at this moment in time $hel$ have the worst home record in the League. :D

Don't you love it.

It's music to my ears! :D

Jeez, if $h€£$ cant even beat UCD then I wouldn't give them much hope against any other team.

Looks like we'll be playing in the Champions League next season lads!! :D :)

A face
17/03/2005, 12:48 AM
700 at tolka park for the first game of the season with no work the following day either

There is no way it was that low !!
Slash/Higgins ... lads what is the story ??

thecorner
17/03/2005, 3:16 AM
There is no way it was that low !!
Slash/Higgins ... lads what is the story ??

yeah...its even on the official site 700-800

Counting Crow
17/03/2005, 7:29 AM
may i also add... 700 at tolka park for the first game of the season with no work the following day either

what a disgrace

This is where the Dublin teams are an absolute embarrasment to the League. Fair enough, some of them do play good football (God how that sticks in the throat) but in so far as the Clubs themselves and their so called support, what an absolute pity.

No wonder they all love coming down to us and playing in front of big crowds, and no wonder the players "get up" for these games.

The Clubs outside the pale (with the obvious exception of Waterford :D :rolleyes: ) really have made progress on this front and will eventually be good for the League. Watch the crowd at Ballybofey on Sat. I'll bet it will be a full house..... with a large section of it being City fans.

I joked on an earlier post about $hel$ wishing they had the 100 or so supporters who turned up to the UCC v City game on Tuesday.

Je$u$, I didn't think they were in such bad shape. :rolleyes:

Poor Student
17/03/2005, 7:49 AM
Jeez, if $h€£$ cant even beat UCD then I wouldn't give them much hope against any other team.

Short memory you have. Who was it who put you out of the cup last year? ;)

colblimp
17/03/2005, 8:43 AM
Short memory you have. Who was it who put you out of the cup last year? ;)

Ahhh, but who's going to send you back down this season? :D

ccfcgirl
17/03/2005, 9:35 AM
I was as happy as everyone else on this site last night when shels drew with ucd .But lets not run away with our selfs as far as i remember shels didnt have a great start to the season last year and they picked up the pace in the end .

tiktok
17/03/2005, 9:50 AM
yeah...its even on the official site 700-800

I was at the game, it was double that I'd say.
I wouldn't get too cocky either, UCD will cause us problems too

colblimp
17/03/2005, 10:04 AM
I was at the game, it was double that I'd say.
I wouldn't get too cocky either, UCD will cause us problems too

What's the programme like? Any better than last seasons effort?

tiktok
17/03/2005, 10:12 AM
What's the programme like? Any better than last seasons effort?

I didn't get it (it's not included in your match ticket anymore, they were charging for it) but it looked better alright, think they've put more effort into it.

Suetrol Ned
17/03/2005, 10:23 AM

what a disgrace

Official attendance 2,477. Dunno where your number came from.

Slash/ED
17/03/2005, 12:29 PM
Official attendance 2,477. Dunno where your number came from.

It came from a Bohs fan posting on our forum pretending he got the figure from the radio despite the fact the match wasn't on the radio.

Which is bad enough, but you lot are even worse for believeing him ffs.

And while a draw against UCD is obviously a terrible start, you'd do well not to under estimate them. Very difficult side to break down and well organised, and they'll get goals from Dupuy.

City Hero
17/03/2005, 2:30 PM
as far as i remember shels didnt have a great start to the season last year and they picked up the pace in the end .

Not quite true. Shels won their first 3 games last season, while their last 3 were 1 win, 1 draw & 1 loss. If anything, Citys poor start cost us the league.

However it is a valid point. No point getting carried away after just 90 mins of the new season. Give it a month or so, then we'll see where things really stand.

Éanna
17/03/2005, 3:21 PM
I said a few weeks ago I thought shels would start slowly and it looks like I might have been right. If we win 4 out of our first 6 games I think we've a great chance. Good start v, important IMO, and a draw or a win in ballybofey would be a good start

Schumi
18/03/2005, 10:47 AM
Glad to be of service. :D

patsh
18/03/2005, 11:24 AM
It's meaningless to us if we don't get 3 points in Ballybofey.

Harps are going to be a very, very difficult proposition tomorrow night.....

Mad Moose
18/03/2005, 11:27 AM
Safe journey to everyone associated with Cork City F.C travelling to Ballybofey tomorrow. I on the other hand will be travelling in the opposite direction. Whatever about results etc above all stay safe.

Brendan

adamd164
18/03/2005, 11:30 AM
Thanks. Christ did anyone else read today's Mirror pull-out. Full of incorrect sh!t.
This is the team they said we'd use:

Devine
Horgan Murray Murphy Bennett (??!)
Woods Gamble O'Brien O'Halloran
Doyler O'Flynn

Benno @ left back, Murphy in the center, no Georgie or Kearney??!

What a joke!!!

De Town
18/03/2005, 11:33 AM
Thanks. Christ did anyone else read today's Mirror pull-out. Full of incorrect sh!t.
This is the team they said we'd use:

Devine
Horgan Murray Murphy Bennett (??!)
Woods Gamble O'Brien O'Halloran
Doyler O'Flynn

Benno @ left back, Murphy in the center, no Georgie or Kearney??!

What a joke!!!
O'Halloran left wing :D :p :D

adamd164
18/03/2005, 11:35 AM
Pathetic, isn't it??!

De Town
18/03/2005, 11:37 AM
Pathetic, isn't it??!
its funny, from an opposition fans point of view to see Greg O'Halloran playing left winger :D

Even Alan Murphy could deal with O'Halloran coming at him :D