PDA

View Full Version : Partridge back to Coventry?

tetsujin1979
16/03/2005, 10:58 AM
In the Herald last night Richie Partridge was saying that his agent is looking for a move for him back to Coventry, his only first team league experience was there. Norwich were in for him for a loan earlier in the season but his injury put pay to that.

If Liverpool won the Champion's League, would he get a medal as a squad member?

eirebhoy
16/03/2005, 11:11 AM
I read in a paper last week that Norwich were looking at him.

Obviously Rotherham want him but he won't go there, he can get better than them.

Stuttgart88
16/03/2005, 3:18 PM
Doesn't his dad, Alan, live in Norwich? Boom Boom. :)

eirebhoy
16/03/2005, 4:13 PM
Tuff Paddy - you deserved to be banned for such crap trolling.

I really hope you won on the horses today and have a few pints on you. He's not only one of the most unfortunate players to ever play for us at any age level but also one of the most gifted. I wouldn't call any Irish player a waster unless he had done something to really annoy me. Get a bloody grip ffs.

Cowboy
16/03/2005, 5:55 PM
Tuff Paddy - you deserved to be banned for such crap trolling.

I really hope you won on the horses today and have a few pints on you. He's not only one of the most unfortunate players to ever play for us at any age level but also one of the most gifted. I wouldn't call any Irish player a waster unless he had done something to really annoy me. Get a bloody grip ffs.

I second that

davey
17/03/2005, 12:01 PM
Have to agree with Tuff Paddy/. Richie Partridge this, Richie Partridge that. Even someone going on about Champions League medal :rolleyes: ???

Lets talk about someone whose actually playing first team footy. If Partridge had any cop on, he'd moved from Liverpool years ago - Oh I forgot, no-one wants him

eirebhoy
17/03/2005, 1:53 PM
Partridge doesn't get talked about half as much as other reserve players on this forum. If you have nothing constructive to say **** off and don't be giving innocent Irish player grief. Partridge is not a fool. He was injured for a load of his playing career and spent a season at Coventry. He was good enough to break into the Liverpool team but was unfortunate to have a manager that brought 1 player through the ranks in his 6 years at the club.

Bowsy
17/03/2005, 2:22 PM
Fully agree with EB although i do believe Richie was more than a little naive as well as unfortunate (as regards injuries) to buy Houllier's bull that he had a career at the club. Still, there is as much reason to talk about him as there is to talk about any player that has yet to fulfill their potential (Miller is nearly the same age for example).

byrnie20
17/03/2005, 2:22 PM
Agree with Eirebhoy he has been unlucky with injuries and has been held back by a crap manager at Liverpool,who never gave youth a chance.I hope he finds regular football somewhere,and they help to develop his talent,because It would be a shame to see a talented Irish player not fulfill his potential.

eirebhoy
17/03/2005, 4:50 PM
The thing about Partridge is. Even if he was 28 tomorrow I'd still have high hopes for him. He's not like your average player with a load of potential, he has the ability already.

byrnie20
17/03/2005, 4:57 PM
It will be intresting to see where he goes.

davey
17/03/2005, 5:23 PM
Partridge doesn't get talked about half as much as other reserve players on this forum. If you have nothing constructive to say **** off and don't be giving innocent Irish player grief. Partridge is not a fool. He was injured for a load of his playing career and spent a season at Coventry. He was good enough to break into the Liverpool team but was unfortunate to have a manager that brought 1 player through the ranks in his 6 years at the club.

Sorry EB, don't share your Partridge obsession. BTW, this is an open forum so I'll say what the **** I like. Hope Partridges career does develop and a move to Coventry could do him the world of good. But until hes actually playing regularly for the first time in his professional career (previous loan period apart), I'd prefer to talk about Irish players who are actually contributing. This permenantly injured "wonderkid" does receive an inordinate amount of attention on this board.

pete
17/03/2005, 5:27 PM
Moderator: Eirebhoy & davey - attack the post not the poster.

eirebhoy
17/03/2005, 6:07 PM
I'd prefer to talk about Irish players who are actually contributing.
Fair play to you but you're in the absolute vast minority so.

This permenantly injured "wonderkid" does receive an inordinate amount of attention on this board.
As do Stokes, McShane, Miller, etc. If you don't want to talk about up and coming players you're a complete band wagon fan who only wants to join in the celebrations.

I probably talk about him more than most on this forum because I've seen him in the flesh and I don't think I've seen many people with such natural ability. Slate me so, don't slate the player. Its really hard not to "attack the poster" when he says something which is completely untrue to clearly look for a reaction.

**** = p*ss, not the word you would have presumed it was.

BTW davey, you know we talk about Partidge a lot and are registered since 2003. You don't post very much when its clear you have an opinion. I'll leave it at that without making presumptions.

I really am getting riled up by the posts on this thread with a couple of people with a foreign mentality towards our players.

tetsujin1979
17/03/2005, 7:24 PM
Have to agree with Tuff Paddy/. Richie Partridge this, Richie Partridge that. Even someone going on about Champions League medal :rolleyes: ???

That was me, I honestly couldn't care less if Liverpool didn't win another game for the rest of the season, I just wanted to know that IF Liverpool did win the cup, would he get a medal? Or Potter for that matter?

davey
17/03/2005, 7:48 PM
[QUOTE]As do Stokes, McShane, Miller, etc. If you don't want to talk about up and coming players you're a complete band wagon fan who only wants to join in the celebrations.

Err, no. Been following Ireland at home and quite a few away games for years now. WTF does having a negative opinion on Richie Partridge have to do with being a glory hunter? No problem discussing up and coming players, but Richie Partridge is 24! Reminds me of that scene in Roddy Doyles "The van" when in the wake of O'Learys penno, some gob****e says that "David O'Leary came of age today"!

**** = p*ss, not the word you would have presumed it was.

:confused:

BTW davey, you know we talk about Partidge a lot and are registered since 2003. You don't post very much when its clear you have an opinion. I'll leave it at that without making presumptions.
Yeah, you probably should

I really am getting riled up by the posts on this thread with a couple of people with a foreign mentality towards our players.
Foreign Mentality - What are you on about? :rolleyes:

eirebhoy
17/03/2005, 8:01 PM
Err, no. Been following Ireland at home and quite a few away games for years now. WTF does having a negative opinion on Richie Partridge have to do with being a glory hunter?
You said the following:
"Lets talk about someone whose actually playing first team footy."
"But until hes actually playing regularly for the first time in his professional career (previous loan period apart), I'd prefer to talk about Irish players who are actually contributing."

Which to me suggests you only care about players playing 1st team football. Maybe I was wrong but you can hardly blame me for making such a presumption. In fact, reading back over those quotes, how the hell could I be wrong?

Foreign Mentality - What are you on about?
"Why do we waste our time on here talking about this grade A waster?"
"Oh I forgot, no-one wants him"

If its thats not a foreign mentality than its a bloody idiotic mentality. Take your choice.

livehead1
18/03/2005, 4:49 PM
partridge has massive ability but is almost certain that he is not going to fulfill it. i think people use his injury proneness as an excuse in the fact that he aint this player people crack him up 2 be...ye hes good but is very small so weak in the air and whenever i saw him was very slow to get back and often lost the head when things went against him. lets face it, no matter how much bad luck he has had with injuries he would have made more than 2 appearances for liverpool

davey
19/03/2005, 12:10 AM
Typical of EB posting habits. I'm sorry but we don't all have the time to post on all Irish born players playing in lower league footy. I'd also be grateful if you'd post accurately. I never called Partridge a Grade A waster. I'm going out for a few pints tomorow. U can stay in and monitor all the the lower league results and inform us all of some deadbeat who got a game for Leigh RMI.

I should obviously get banned for not wanting to partcipate in your Richie Partridge bumfest.

tetsujin1979
19/03/2005, 10:58 AM
I for one am thankful for Eirebhoy's "posting habits", it's always interesting to see how the Irish are doing overseas, at all levels of the game. The thread on irish players overseas is one of the most replied to and viewed threads on the board, I reckon that says it all.

sadloserkid
19/03/2005, 11:12 AM
Sean Devine scored for Exeter the other day, where's his thread? :rolleyes:

Thunderblaster
19/03/2005, 11:21 AM
I saw Richie Partridge play for Liverpool Reserves against WBA in Chester 16 months ago and he had serious pace down the left hand side. Injuries aside, speaking to my mates in Liverpool, they feel that Partridge never got a fair crack of the whip under Houllier. Yes, he is a bit light weight physically but he was pacier than the sloggers I saw the day previous when Liverpool lost 2-1 to M*******er U***ed.

eirebhoy
19/03/2005, 12:51 PM
I'm staggered at you suggesting I should get banned for making an honest assessment of a player who hasn't pulled up any trees in a green shirt . . . or a red one for that matter.
http://foot.ie/faq.php?s=&do=search&q=trolling&match=all&titlesonly=0

Do you honestly think you weren't going to provoke a reaction by posting what you did?

Dictionary in the post for you and davey btw.

foreign
1. Located away from one's native country: on business in a foreign city.
2. Of, characteristic of, or from a place or country other than the one being considered: a foreign custom.
3. Conducted or involved with other nations or governments; not domestic: foreign trade.
4. Situated in an abnormal or improper place in the body and typically introduced from outside: a foreign object in the eye.
5. Not natural; alien: Jealousy is foreign to her nature.
6. Not germane; irrelevant.
7. Subject to the jurisdiction of another political unit.

davey - As I've said, you seem to know a lot about me and the types of posts on this forum. You also seem to have an opinion on matters. Yet you have just 23 posts in 15 months of registration. Why don't you post much? Surely in 15 months of reading a forum you'd find more than 10 odd posts that you'd like to reply to?

http://foot.ie/showpost.php?p=174170&postcount=15

My old suggestion of Kilbane at left back seems redundant now
When did you suggest this? I searched for your posts on Kilbane and all I could find was a post starting with "Are you for real eirebhoy".

thejollyrodger
19/03/2005, 1:02 PM
The thread on irish players overseas is one of the most replied to and viewed threads on the board, I reckon that says it all.

I agree. its a soccer discussion board so whats ur problem :confused:

livehead1
19/03/2005, 6:06 PM
eirebhoy...i agree wit most of wat u say but i think that you just dont like yaman davey!! would that be an accurate assesment of the situation :eek:

Donal81
20/03/2005, 3:49 PM
Typical of EB posting habits. I'm sorry but we don't all have the time to post on all Irish born players playing in lower league footy. I'd also be grateful if you'd post accurately. I never called Partridge a Grade A waster. I'm going out for a few pints tomorow. U can stay in and monitor all the the lower league results and inform us all of some deadbeat who got a game for Leigh RMI.

I should obviously get banned for not wanting to partcipate in your Richie Partridge bumfest.

That's out of order. One of the most popular things about this forum is that you can read about Irish players abroad who never get any coverage in any part of the mainstream media.

Donal81
20/03/2005, 3:50 PM
That's out of order. One of the most popular things about this forum is that you can read about Irish players abroad who never get any coverage in any part of the mainstream media.

And Eirebhoy is one of the best exponents of this. Disagree with him all you like about Partridge but slagging off someone because they've an interest in Irish players who aren't in the Premier League seems a bit out of place on this site.

davey
20/03/2005, 5:26 PM
Thats the thing Donal, all I did was disagree with EBs point originally concerning Partridge. This was met by being told to **** off by EB and accused of being foreign :rolleyes: check the whole of the thread. Sure I know that a lot of people are interested in up and coming Irish players as I am. I just don't think that Partridge comes under the "up and coming" banner. I accept that a few digs at EBs slightly nerdy obsession with this area was a little below the belt. EBs "impressive" posting quantity does not mean that he can attack people who don't share his opinion on Partridge.

BTW, EB, My comment "Are you for real Eirebhoy" was in response to your ludicrous assertion that Trundle was just as Irish as Kilbane and Breen

Donal81
20/03/2005, 9:23 PM
Thats the thing Donal, all I did was disagree with EBs point originally concerning Partridge. This was met by being told to **** off by EB and accused of being foreign :rolleyes: check the whole of the thread. Sure I know that a lot of people are interested in up and coming Irish players as I am. I just don't think that Partridge comes under the "up and coming" banner. I accept that a few digs at EBs slightly nerdy obsession with this area was a little below the belt. EBs "impressive" posting quantity does not mean that he can attack people who don't share his opinion on Partridge.

I must say I was surprised at Eirebhoy's reaction, both in reference to Partridge and a "foreign mentality". Normally one of the more restrained posters, normally puts me to shame anyway.

For my two cents, a player with Partridge's ability is always worth a thread. In fairness, when you can start a thread on this forum about how tall a person is (http://foot.ie/showthread.php?t=23092), surely you can start a thread on an Irish player in the Premier League.

I don't think there's no need to get into bumfests and the like, though...

eirebhoy
21/03/2005, 10:40 AM
I must say I was surprised at Eirebhoy's reaction...
Basically, I hate seeing players getting abuse for absolutey no reason whatsoever. Believe me, I wanted to say more than I did. If someone is willing to call an Irish player a waster for no obvious reason surely they can take a bit of of it themselves. Tuff Paddy, I can't remember who brought up my "obsession" with lower league football but I do not think I'm more of a fan than anyone else so let that pointless piece of bait go.

and davey, unless Trundle is telling lies to the millions of people watching soccer am including his family and friends, he has always worn Irish jerseys and supported us over England. I don't see anything ludicrous about saying he's as Irish as Breen.

Anyway, this thread has been dead since Tuff Paddy posted so this is the last time I'll look at it.

dr_peepee
23/03/2005, 7:42 PM
Partridge should wake up and smell the Deep Heat.... He hasn't had a future at Anfield for some time now. Every time he has signed each of his one year extensions at Liverpool I've questioned his ambition. He's been of age now for a while and despite numerous injury crisis over the last few years he has failed to figure.... EVEN When fit.