16/03/2005, 10:42 AM
vote for an irish rugby player!! :D :D

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_union/international/4347141.stm

Eire06
16/03/2005, 12:13 PM
Voted for the lovely Ronan.. Saved our ass this year

joeSoap
16/03/2005, 1:06 PM
Gotta be O'Driscoll...quite simply, the best rugby player in the world right now, bar none!!

Green Tribe
16/03/2005, 2:44 PM
i voted for ronan too, reason is that, ireland have got most of their scores from him kicking penalties, which helped to win some of our games. if he had been kicking them wide we wouldn't still be in with a chance of winning the championship and triple crown. keep voting people, lets set this poll up for an irish guy! :D

Aberdonian Stu
16/03/2005, 3:18 PM
Had to be Big Mal.

Am bloody annoyed though that the spice boy Henson gets a mention and Tom Shanklin doesn't. Aside from kicking one long goal and slapping a schoolboy (Tait) he hasn't done much while Shanks has been on top form all season.

pete
17/03/2005, 4:20 PM
Couldn't vote for irish player. Had to go for welsh, Stephen Jones edging out Shane Williams.

I think O'Gara has already lost out to Jones for Lions starting position.

Kerry Blue
17/03/2005, 4:21 PM
I'm going for big Malcolm as well. It's all well and good that the backs get all the limelight, but you need good forwards to gain possession and the Irish forwards have been great this year, and O'Kelly's been the best of them. I'd have him as captain ahead of O'Driscoll.

pete
17/03/2005, 5:03 PM
I can't stand O'Driscoll, lot of talent but lazy & full of himself, kicks too much & big fish in small pond. His poncing wouldn't last long in Munster.

Don't understand how people rate O'Kelly ahead of O'Connell who is much more allround talent.

Schumi
17/03/2005, 5:07 PM
His poncing wouldn't last long in Munster.
Nor would his quality back play. ;)

De Town
17/03/2005, 5:43 PM
Nor would his quality back play. ;)
Exactly :) He may be a bit of a ponce but is 1 of the best centres in the world, something which Munster don't have.